Referees (officials): NFL 2023 divisionals: KC-BUF: Shawn Hochuli (UPDATE: full crews announced)

chongli

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Also looks like our only game with him was the Eagles.  KC won both their games they had him....but it was Denver and NE so whatever 

Weren't those games rather competitive and close with a couple of  penalties in critical moments going in favor of KC? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KellyToTasker said:

The Bills had 10 calls against little to none against the Eagles in the first half. The second half, I don’t remember much of if anything called at all. The NFL addressed that crap at halftime, note, we were winning at halftime even with the penalties. 

It’ll be OKAY.

Philly is not KC at the moment. I thought the refs called a great game yesterday other than the missed call on the Friermeiuth fumble. They let them play.

In four games against Josh Allen's Bills, Hochuli has called 40 penalties for 347 yards

Coincidence? 

• Angry 3

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Philly is not KC at the moment. I thought the refs called a great game yesterday other than the missed call on the Friermeiuth fumble. They let them play.

In four games against Josh Allen's Bills, Hochuli has called 40 penalties for 347 yards

Coincidence? 

Perhaps he will go the other way as to not “look” a certain way. Pound the Chiefs, doesn’t matter. Keep in mind, the Chiefs are the team that called the reffing community out for all to see. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why that buffoon and his crew is allowed to officiate any playoff game after their multiple terrible performances and clear Eagles favoritism during the regular season is beyond me.

NFL says they grade these clowns... Sure. He and his crew are bent and terrible in all the wrong ways for us.

It will start out with phantom calls galore on us to kill any momentum, coupled with egregious non-calls on our opponents till they are safely ahead, then they will throw in some inconsequential calls our way at the end to make it look almost proportionate and fair.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Coincidence? 

Not to mention the Bills are 1-3 in games Hochuli has called. 

• Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, schoolhouserock said:

Shawn owes the Bills some calls after his hatchet job in Philly.

That was the single worst officiated game that I have ever witnessed in any sport at any level, including movies and tv shows.

we’re doomed 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

Reading that chiefs article, man, nfl can totally control outcomes just by which ref crew they assign. 

good luck boys we are SOL.

And we we’ve been SOL for the past month plus for (insert worry flavor of the week). Against Pittsburgh we were doomed because of weather/physical toughness and run game of the Steelers. This week, it’s the refs. 

Same as before, people need to CALM down. 

Oh great. The spawn of Ed Hochuli returns. He is my least favorite by far...

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Unfortunately for Shawn, he isn’t half the ref as his dad, including the pipes

His dad was horrible too. In fact, I think he was worse. But they are both terrible.

6 hours ago, BillsBlue said:

He's the worst he hates the Buffalo Bills he kills us every opportunity he gets nearly got Josh Allen killed in the game against Philly through enough Flags to his hands wore out in the first quarter to keep them in the game otherwise we ran away with that game I'm not looking forward to this looks like Patrick Mahomes is going to get the help he was looking for last time we played them that he threw a tantrum over

I'm out of breath reading that. Punctuation is your friend.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

W-L in Games Hochuli Refs:

Buffalo 3-8

KC 11-3 (including 4-1 when on the road)

Get your money in on KC now. 

The Chiefs are 74-22 (including playoffs) the last five years. 

Works out to a 77% win percentage.

Their win % in Hochuli games is 78.5%. 

Their win % with lots of refs is likely the same or similar. 

This stuff is meaningless. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, beebe said:

The Chiefs are 74-22 (including playoffs) the last five years. 

Works out to a 77% win percentage.

Their win % in Hochuli games is 78.5%. 

Their win % with lots of refs is likely the same or similar. 

This stuff is meaningless. 

Okay now do the Bills with Hochuli calling their games…

He has a reason to not like Buffalo. We had a player, Jerry Hughes, threaten one of his colleagues in the tunnel Hochuli’s rookie year (2018). It was a poorly officiated game against the Dolphins, one of the rare times the Bills lost to the fins in the Allen era. Ever since then he and his crew calls an inordinate amount of penalties against the Bills. I encourage you to watch the first half of the game against the Eagles this year to see this bias in action.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Okay now do the Bills with Hochuli calling their games…

He has a reason to not like Buffalo. We had a player, Jerry Hughes, threaten one of his colleagues in the tunnel Hochuli’s rookie year (2018). It was a poorly officiated game against the Dolphins, one of the rare times the Bills lost to the fins in the Allen era. Ever since then he and his crew calls an inordinate amount of penalties against the Bills. I encourage you to watch the first half of the game against the Eagles this year to see this bias in action.

There's always gonna be outliers in either direction. I don't have the full win-loss ref list in front of me, but would guarantee there's some refs where the Bills perform amazing with. It's not bias. It's randomness. 

Chiefs fans freak out over Carl Cheffers. It's all noise. 

• Disagree 1

13 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

What kind of person thinks "I want to become a football referee"?

Great question. These are people with highly successful careers who have a weekend side hustle that causes most of the world to hate them. Why?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.