Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

One of greatest advantages in this game is homefield.

There are other advantages to like, the fact the Bills at home average 29.7 points per game and give up 15.

The Chiefs on the road score 20.7 and give up 17.7.

The Chiefs “greatest” defense of all-time has created 7 turnovers in 9 road/neutral site games. Wow 7!

The Bills “injury” ravaged poverty defense has generated 15 turnovers.

Speaking of greatest defense, the Bills have given up 9 3rd quarter points all season at home. 

The Chiefs Tackles are not good.

The Bills Tackles are good. 

Mahomes completion % drops 7% in Super Bowl’s vs Arrowhead. 

Travis Kelce is 34 and probably is strongly considering retiring. 

Nick Bolton’s wrist is badly injured.

Sneed was banged up vs Miami.

Rashee Rice was banged up too.

Mahomes hasn’t looked comfortable all year.

Pacheco has been banged up recently. 
Chris Jones is likely gone. 

Give Kansas City a dose of the 12th Man and an aggressive physically dominant performance and they will collapse. Bills win, but not by the slightest of margins.  

I like where you are going. Lots of good points here. 

One likely a Chiefs fan can probably make a pretty compelling argument to why the Chiefs will win. I'm not going to do it but we all know what they would say. 

I can't get on board with the Bills winning big here. Not sure what you mean by not the slightest of margins. I'd be pretty surprised if either team won by more than two scores. 

I'd glady like to be wrong here and you right. A Bills blowout win would be orgasmic.

• Dislike 2

48 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Look at the head to head match up. That's obviously the best indicator not the performance vs quality of opponent. 

You think McD is telling the Bills players and coaches this info? Of course not because it's senseless data that means zero come Sunday. Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend. 

In the other hand, you can bet that the coaches have looked at the film of the previous match up. 

You can be foolish and stand by your argument. I won't be the foolish follower. 

You already unambiguously acknowledged that you're irrational, you don't need to keep proving it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

In the other hand, you can bet that the coaches have looked at the film of the previous match up. 

You can bet that the coaches have looked at film of ALL their matchups.

What point are you even trying to make here?

Actually, scratch that; I don't even want to know.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 7

Great matchup. About time it's not in Arrowhead. Both defensive coordinators are innovative, so that's a wash. I'd say the offensive coordinators are about even, too. And Allen and Mahomes, although I think Allen is better because of his will to win. Pachenko = Cook. Home field is an advantage, but it's more than outweighed by the injuries. Their kicking game is superior.

The slightest of edges to KC, but a single holding or PI call, a blocked kick, or fumble, a big return...anything can turn the game one way or another. All things being equal, I'd give it to the Bills because Allen is a better quarterback than Mahomes. Bigger, faster, stronger, more clutch, more determined. Plus, he doesn't run like a squirrel or sound like Kermit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Having Douglas back is the X factor. He can shut down Rice and someone else can double team Kelce. Defensive line can take care of Pacheco. Just need to stop the RB receptions 

Will we have Douglas travel with Rice?

If he’s up to it, that seems like the obvious move.  

Rice is good, but he isn’t a burner like Hill.. seems like the perfect WR1 to have Douglas follow around all game. 

This game all comes down to Josh.

If he plays like he did against Pitt, we win comfortably (no TOs, good decisions, smart running, taking the underneath stuff, timely shots downfield).

If we get Sugar High Josh, we still have a chance but it’s going to be a lot more stressful and come down to our D making some TOs.

W.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Will we have Douglas travel with Rice?

If he’s up to it, that seems like the obvious move.  

Rice is good, but he isn’t a burner like Hill.. seems like the perfect WR1 to have Douglas follow around all game. 

I think Douglas should stick on Kelce

Kelce is the safety valve that will be targeted frequently due to the pressure our line will get

Just rewatched the condensed replay of the week 14 Bills/KC game and the game really turned on Josh's INT in the 1st half.  We were up 14-0 at that point and it gave KC life.  Also on the last drive for the Bills where we went up 20-17 the clock was really mismanaged to where KC may not have had really much time at all at the end if we played it better (i.e. the Toney Offside and the "all-time great play" by Kelce may not have ever even come into play).

I think if Josh plays a clean game (and the team overall wins the turnover battle) I think we have a really good shot to win this.

• Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Kelce is the safety valve that will be targeted frequently due to the pressure our line will get

Makes sense also. 

Who plays outside in this scenario?

Are we bringing a Safety down to cover one of Rice, Watson, Hardman, MVS?  Sub-packages with Elam?

One thing they did against Miami, because Vic Fangio has no idea how to stop crossers apparently, was literally run crossers all day … Rice is a YAC monster if he gets the ball in space. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Makes sense also. 

Who plays outside in this scenario?

Are we bringing a Safety down to cover one of Rice, Watson, Hardman, MVS?  Sub-packages with Elam?

One thing they did against Miami, because Vic Fangio has no idea how to stop crossers apparently, was literally run crossers all day … Rice is a YAC monster if he gets the ball in space. 

I would let Dane cover Rice with the safety keeping an eye on anyone that might run a deep route

I would play Elam on any of the other KC receivers besides Rice

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Just rewatched the condensed replay of the week 14 Bills/KC game and the game really turned on Josh's INT in the 1st half.  We were up 14-0 at that point and it gave KC life.  Also on the last drive for the Bills where we went up 20-17 the clock was really mismanaged to where KC may not have had really much time at all at the end if we played it better (i.e. the Toney Offside and the "all-time great play" by Kelce may not have ever even come into play).

I think if Josh plays a clean game (and the team overall wins the turnover battle) I think we have a really good shot to win this.

That’s been a common theme this year..

We don’t run away from teams because we inevitably do something dumb when we’re about to. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

That will be Johnson's job. And he's good at it. Very good.

• Agree 1

The stadium last week against Pittsburgh looked great on the national stage.  Snow celebrations shooting up into the air, very few snowballs.  But that was against a Pittsburgh team that is not really considered an enemy.  Against the hated Chiefs, I hope things don't turn ugly with some stupid fans pelting Chiefs players with iceballs, but frankly I could see it happening.  Not cool.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

The stadium last week against Pittsburgh looked great on the national stage.  Snow celebrations shooting up into the air, very few snowballs.  But that was against a Pittsburgh team that is not really considered an enemy.  Against the hated Chiefs, I hope things don't turn ugly with some stupid fans pelting Chiefs players with iceballs, but frankly I could see it happening.  Not cool.

There will be snowballs. I hope Kelsey catches one right in his ugly dome and they show Swift crying in her suite

• Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 4

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Look at the head to head match up. That's obviously the best indicator not the performance vs quality of opponent. 

You think McD is telling the Bills players and coaches this info? Of course not because it's senseless data that means zero come Sunday. Not sure why that's so hard to comprehend. 

You can be foolish and stand by your argument. I won't be the foolish follower. 

I mean the chiefs are on the road in this one because they lost a huge regular season game..  were 3-1 against them in the last 3 all at arrowhead and the 1 loss is probably a win if the coin falls the other way.  This whole ‘but that’s regular season’ argument is a little ridiculous imo.  Both teams are giving their all in a regular season game that’s obviously going to have massive seeding implications because neither team wants to have to travel in the playoffs

These teams are about even in h2h matchups during mahomes and Allen era with the chiefs controlling things early on and bills controlling things more recently 

chiefs haven’t won one without tyreek yet 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

There will be snowballs. I hope Kelsey catches one right in his ugly dome and they show Swift crying in her suite

Classy.  

And right after he went on record stating what a great fan base Buffalo has.  

let’s not be *****. 

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Maybe the biggest bills home game in 30 years and your big concern is chiefs player safety?

You sir, are a better man than I am lol

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Maybe the biggest bills home game in 30 years and your big concern is chiefs player safety?

You sir, are a better man than I am lol

Of course I'm most concerned with us winning.  But I also hate the prospect of Buffalo and its fans getting a black eye in a game everyone will be watching, because of a relatively small percentage of #######s pelting the Chiefs with iceballs. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I appreciate how the fans did nothing wrong so you imagine a negative scenario and say how uncool your fantasy is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

32 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

One 15 yd penalty could decide this game. Be smart mafia

9 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Of course I'm most concerned with us winning.  But I also hate the prospect of Buffalo and its fans getting a black eye in a game everyone will be watching, because of a relatively small percentage of #######s pelting the Chiefs with iceballs. 

Literally nothing in your or my life changes if the rest of the league views us in the same light as Eagles fans. Stop worrying about what others that don’t know us or like us think about us.   (Replace “us” with “you” in the previous sentence and you’ll have a happier life). 

Just now, dgrochester55 said:

Shawn Holculi is officiating.  

Not to make excuses in advance, but Buffalo now needs to play well enough to beat them by two scores in order to get out with a win.

If the NFL has any integrity, they would pull Hochuli from this game.

Before the Cowboys game many spoke on the record of the Cowboys going into that game with said ref, undefeated. How did that play out?

Also, it’s not the entire Hochuli crew, it’s him and others. Relax. 

2 hours ago, Simon said:

You can bet that the coaches have looked at film of ALL their matchups.

What point are you even trying to make here?

Actually, scratch that; I don't even want to know.

The point is the head to head match ups are important to evaluate. 

A previous poster is citing how the Chiefs haven't beaten quality opponents this year.

In summary, the head to head match ups are important while the claim of Chiefs losing to quality opponents is worthless. 

Hope that clears things up for you sir. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.