Game Thread: Green Bay at Dallas 4:30 PM ET on FOX

chongli

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Looking that way.  Jerry has fired people for less.

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

If they are down another TD or two by halftime, he may not be on the field 3rd quarter.

I assume Jerry has somewhere to hide bodies in that wonderland of he built down there

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I guess I could see that because there is prolonged contact that could be perceived as a hold?

This one, the defenders progress definitely was impeded.  

Doesn't matter. Per the rule a rip move will only draw a holding flag if the hold brings the pass rusher to the ground. It's one of the least understood rules in football.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because they don't wait until the guy isn't any longer the guy. They are proactive. 

I remember Rodgers carrying on when they drafted Love in the first … looking like the right call now… but a gutsy one at the time when Rodgers ccould have done with some more help,,,

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

43 players on the 2023 All Pro team, and this is the performance from Dallas at home. 

Absolutely love to see it. 

in 2007 they had 13 pro bowlers and lost to the giants at home

• Haha (+1) 1

Paging the people who argued until they were blue in the face with @Mr. WEO and I that drafting Jordan Love was stupid. 

When you have an old QB and a guy you genuinely think has it slips to you at the end of the first..... you do not pass because your old guy might have a year or two left. You pick him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Doesn't matter. Per the rule a rip move will only draw a holding flag if the hold brings the pass rusher to the ground. It's one of the least understood rules in football.

It’s actually incredible. I wonder how many coaches have crunched those numbers on holds on non-rip moves and pressures/sacks from rip moves.

probably a statistical advantage somewhere there 

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Jordan Love is the GOODS.

Im happy he’s developed. I have a soft spot for the Packers as well.

Not to mention Love getting good feels like a kick to the balls to Aaron Rodgers which is also awesome. 

If you haven’t seen it this is hilarious. Tosh is from South Florida and grew up a Dolphins fan. So he rips on the AFCE. 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I remember Rodgers carrying on when they drafted Love in the first … looking like the right call now… but a gutsy one at the time when Rodgers ccould have done with some more help,,,

I don't think it was gutsy. It was obviously correct IMO. I said then it was the right call irrespective of whether Love turned out to be good. 

Green Bay as an organisation has demonstrated it understands the value of Quarterback.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

It’s actually incredible. I wonder how many coaches have crunched those numbers on holds on non-rip moves and pressures/sacks from rip moves.

I guess if the offensive lineman sees its a rip move, hold on for dear life.  As long as the ref agrees it was a rip.

Interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sitting here wondering if we need a new OC to design a passing game as good as Green Bay and Houston’s is working now. Or just a couple faster receivers to get separation? Can Brady be the one if he revamps the playbook he had to work with or is fresh blood needed.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Dolphins fans on Twitter have spent all day crying about this play:

But that is a textbook rip move.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.