Browns @ Texans Game Thread 4:30pm

Process

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sucks for Puka who was great. But the qb who completely transformed a franchise gets it every time. 

Puka had a bad combine and especially disappointing 40 time. But he ran the third fastest pattern in the NFL this year (low 20s?). Why don't they find a test that better approximates game speed instead of just straight line at the combine.

3 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

I have a legit question as I have never watched the Browns play- but our their corners just bad? I feel like I. The first half I was watching 1 of them and everything near him he seemed to want to avoid contact 

They are very good against the run and their safeties are excellent but plays can be made on their corners 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, starrymessenger said:

Puka had a bad combine and especially disappointing 40 time. But he ran the third fastest pattern in the NFL this year (low 20s?). Why don't they find a test that better approximates game speed instead of just straight line at the combine.

I don’t think exes value 40s as much as fans do. Puka’s number at BYU where he played with 2 “nfl” qbs were pretty whatever. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/puka-nacua-1.html

like McDermott, McVay is great at identifying wr talent 

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Stroud is good but so far he has mostly comfortable pockets and his scoring production is off busted play deep balls.  Lets see what happens when he is uncomfortable and has to march the field without those busted bombs.  That will happen to him eventually.

You don’t think him being a great deep ball passer isn’t helping that? 

he was 3rd in the nfl at passes over 20 yards. 

Just now, Draconator said:

But Wyatt Teller is on Cleveland. I read here that letting him go was one of Beane's biggest mistakes

I mean it was. Not sure the point you’re trying to make here. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You don’t think him being a great deep ball passer isn’t helping that? 

he was 3rd in the nfl at passes over 20 yards. 

I mean it was. Not sure the point you’re trying to make here. 

Of course it does.  Im not knocking him dude.  Im saying that he is living off of busted plays right now.  A lot of QBs can throw to receivers from a comfortable pocket that have 5+ yards of separation.  I want to see what he can do when he has to methodically move it down the field.

And Flacco did the thing.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.