Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

I don't understand why they insist on flying right into the teeth of this instead of around, but okay.

It's the Stillers; they don't do finesse.

I read they have a powerful ground attack and this weather benefits them.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

It's the Stillers; they don't do finesse.

I read they have a powerful ground attack and this weather benefits them.

Well, just after I posted, the plane tacked eastward to avoid all the dark (royal) blue.  Landing in a few.

2 minutes ago, BRH said:

Well, just after I posted, the plane tacked eastward to avoid all the dark (royal) blue.  Landing in a few.

Audible?

Mason Rudolph has gone rogue!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Wacka said:

Must have come in over Clarence. I Live in Cheektowaga and haven't  heard a single plane in or out since  yesterday morning.

They did.  Pretty normal for that runway.

Looks pretty severe on Rt 5 at Tift St.  Coming right off the lake.  

The camera is shaking like a hurricane

https://www.511ny.org/cctv?start=0&length=10&filters[0][i]=2&filters[0][s]=Niagara+Buffalo+Area&filters[1][i]=3&filters[1][s]=Erie&filters[2][i]=4&filters[2][s]=NY+5&order[i]=1&order[dir]=asc 

Edited by jethro_tull

31 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

I like the one at Ridge Road that says "High Humidity" :lol:

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hahaha, hell no...I've been caught out in these a few times and it's downright scary.

Yeah, I've been caught downwind of Erie a couple times, once on a rural highway with a malfunctioning wiper and with 3 12yr old basketball players in the truck; it was the quietest I have ever heard a pack of young boys. I think they were almost as freaked out as me:ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1

Out here by the field

The wind won’t yield

I put my back into my shoveling

Hochul won’t fight

To prove what’s right

Driving through Ban won’t be forgiven [by Mother Nature, she’s undefeated]

Highmark Wasteland

It’s Lake Effect Snow Wasteland

https://twitter.com/NYSWRCC/status/1746642504034693221

This woulda been a total CF if they tried to play I think

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just another January day. 

/sarcasm off

😂😂😂

It's not an unusual January storm I don't know what you're arguing... That doesn't mean everyday in January is like this... It's a typical January storm

This is nothing Western New York does not see yearly everybody who lives here agrees

We have snow shovelers in orchard Park shirtless because they're used to this

It has nothing to do with if a football game should be played or not.. whatever postpone it...

But this is weather we are used to... It's not unordinary

Edited by Buffalo716

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's not an unusual January storm I don't know what you're arguing... That doesn't mean everyday in January is like this... It's a typical January storm

This is nothing Western New York does not see yearly everybody who lives here agrees

We have snow shovelers in orchard Park shirtless because they're used to this

It has nothing to do with if a football game should be played or not.. whatever postpone it...

But this is weather we are used to... It's not unordinary

Orchard Park saw blizzard conditions today. Blizzards are not and never have been ordinary weather in Buffalo. 

29 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Orchard Park saw blizzard conditions today. Blizzards are not and never have been ordinary weather in Buffalo. 

A blizzard is a term used for a storm with blowing winds over 35 mph with snow blown making visibility near zero 

There are storms that meet that qualification every single year in Western New York from Buffalo to orchard Park to Sardinia ... Most storms reduce the visibility to zero because the wind

Buffalo is the snowiest major city in America.. and we always have a lot of wind because we're on the lake

We have storms every year where 35 mph wind is blowing snow making visibility zilch

Every year 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

A blizzard is a term used for a storm with blowing winds over 35 mph with snow

There are storms that meet that qualification every single year in Western New York from Buffalo to orchard Park to Sardinia ... Most storms reduce the visibility to zero because the wind

Buffalo is the snowiest major city in America.. and we always have a lot of wind because we're on the lake

We have storms every year where 35 mph wind is blowing snow making visibility not good

We do

You are missing key criteria in your definition of a blizzard; chiefly that those 35mph winds or gusts must be sustained for a minimum of three hours and include visibility of less than 1/4 mile during that time. That was the reality in OP today. 

Also and for whatever it’s worth, based on 30 year averages, Buffalo gets less snow than Syracuse, Erie, Pa, and Rochester. 

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You are missing key criteria in your definition of a blizzard; chiefly that those 35mph winds or gusts must be sustained for a minimum of three hours and include visibility of less than 1/4 mile during that time. That was the reality in OP today. 

Also and for whatever it’s worth, based on 30 year averages, Buffalo gets less snow than Syracuse, Erie, Pa, and Rochester. 

... It was a good storm... And we hit the qualifications of today's storm every year... I have a storm every year with wind over 35 mph for hours with blowing snow and zero visibility 

I just got back from walking around a mile and a half around the West Seneca orchard Park border... 

And yes we have storms like this every single year... Every single year we get hit with something like this with hours of snow and blowing wind reducing visibility to almost nothing

That's the Hallmark of lake effect storms.. A lake effect storm is basically a blizzard because it usually comes with a lot of wind off the lake.. the epicenters always a blizzard

It always comes with prolonged wind blowing snow and zero visibility

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nobody called today a blizzard yet... It was a good storm... And we hit the qualifications of today's storm every year

I just got back from walking around a mile and a half around the West Seneca orchard Park border... 

And yes we have storms like this every single year... Every single year we get hit with something like this hours of snow and blowing wind

Blizzard conditions were certainly forecasted before today, when hard decisions needed to be made. And in speaking to people in OP today, the conditions were met. Whether the NWS qualifies as such remains to be seen. But if you insist in quibbling over a few miles an hour of wind, feel free. But there is nothing ordinary about the weather conditions at the stadium today. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Blizzard conditions were certainly forecasted before today, when hard decisions needed to be made. And in speaking to people in OP today, the conditions were met. Whether the NWS qualifies as such remains to be seen. But if you insist in quibbling over a few miles an hour of wind, feel free. But there is nothing ordinary about the weather conditions at the stadium today. 

If I see it yearly I don't consider it abnormal ... WNY gets storms like this yearly ... It's not new to WNYrs

The epicenter of every lake effect storm IS a blizzard basically 

Go bills , it doesn't bother me they moved it ... But this storm happens every year throughout WNY

That's what lake effect does in the epicenter ... It's always a wild storm in the heart of it 

Edited by Buffalo716

• SDS unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.