Davis and Rapp out for Sunday.

Spiderweb

11 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Davis has a knee problem but what exactly is Rapp's issue?

I assume this is from the McDermott segment on WGR?

Douglas and Dodson "questionable".

Guess we'll see Hamlin active at safety, and possibly AJ Klein - both for ST if nothing else.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It happened on the INT.  I wondered if the DB coming across didn't get him in the calf.  I would rather it be that than a non contact injury. 

McD probably figures with the weather being bad he may not be much of a factor anyway so let him rest. Passing game should be impacted quite a bit.

• Agree 2

Just now, Beck Water said:

Guess we'll see Hamlin active at safety, and possibly AJ Klein - both for ST if nothing else.

Since the passing game may not be a big factor this week I'd definitely roll the dice and sit Douglas.

Going to need him 100% against the Chiefs/Browns/Texans in next round.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Davis being out may be a blessing in disguise. Sherfield is a solid blocker as well and Shakir’s game is better suited for the weather as opposed to Gabe’s.

Yeah, who needs Davis’ stupid 33 tds when you can have 2 guys who have a combined 8 tds!

davis has his flaws but this hate is getting next level dumb. 

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Since the passing game may not be a big factor this week I'd definitely roll the dice and sit Douglas.

Going to need him 100% against the Chiefs/Browns/Texans in next round.

I get what you’re saying but assuming a win is pretty risky. Considering Pitt are the type of teams we have has problems with (physical, think we are much better than them). 

this should be an easy W but it’s still the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

With Davis out Sherfield should get alot of playing time

I wonder how much 12 we see with Shakir and Diggs. Then again, Diggs’ snap count has been down so I bet we do see a lot of 12. Especially with the weather.

Some one asked how long we stay in nickel?  The response was unlikely because T Johnson is one our best tacklers.  Is there a chance they play 4-3. T. Johnson at corner and add the third lb like Kline to better stop the run?

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I wonder how much 12 we see with Shakir and Diggs. Then again, Diggs’ snap count has been down so I bet we do see a lot of 12. Especially with the weather.

Watt being out changes everything for them. And obviously the weather is going to be a huge factor (I’m soft, I want a dome, this hurts our offense). But I think the best way to attack Pittsburgh is to spread the field with receivers. But obviously, we may not a choice now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If Dotson can go, no problem, call up Playoff Lenny and Isabella.  If Dotson can't go, AJ Klein over Isabella.  

If Douglas can't go it's Elam's time to get some playing time behind Benford & Jackson.  

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Davis being out may be a blessing in disguise. Sherfield is a solid blocker as well and Shakir’s game is better suited for the weather as opposed to Gabe’s.

The one thing I give Davis props to is his blocking.  If it is gonna be a run game because of the weather, I think he will be missed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Watt being out changes everything for them. And obviously the weather is going to be a huge factor (I’m soft, I want a dome, this hurts our offense). But I think the best way to attack Pittsburgh is to spread the field with receivers. But obviously, we may not a choice now.

we still have Diggs, Kincaid, Cook and Knox who can affect the passing game significantly

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree.  Short passing from a spread formation with Josh having the arm to extend that medium (I hope we don't get carried away with the deep shots). Allows more spacing for Cook to get his yards before contact, and for Josh to take off.

What I really want to see is better hot route awareness in Blitzes. Josh gets some of his best runs when teams are in coverage, and isn't his best escaping or completing short-medium on blitzes. Without Watt, and with a propensity to blitz anyway, Tomlin will definitely come after us. We get no partial credit for almost hitting the cover zero deep ball, but Diggs and Kinkaid 7-15 over and over will make them pay (or whoever else is open early).

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, who needs Davis’ stupid 33 tds when you can have 2 guys who have a combined 8 tds!

davis has his flaws but this hate is getting next level dumb. 

I get what you’re saying but assuming a win is pretty risky. Considering Pitt are the type of teams we have has problems with (physical, think we are much better than them). 

this should be an easy W but it’s still the playoffs. 

Where do you see hate? Davis is not a savvy route runner who can get open quickly. He builds up speed and does his best work down the field. In a game with severe winds and limited visibility, that environment doesn’t play to his strengths. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Thank you for the attribution and confirmation.

It should be SOP and it's appreciated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.