Watching all the talking head shows...

13 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

It won’t go away for Josh unless the Bills win it and he’s the reason they win it. The talking heads have too much on him being the “wrong Josh” until he gets a ring, as unfair as it is.

He essentially won it in '21.  

12 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

The point of these shows are to be controversial so they get clipped and get views etc. You are better off banging your head against a wall if you need entertainment. Do yourself a favor and find a non-biased podcast/streamer that breaks down the actual plays and learn something about the game.

I have no idea why anyone watches any of them.  

What a grand waste of time.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't understand the assessment of Josh being "off" on Sunday.  Granted, I was cursing him out after that second interception in the endzone but to me, this was the most consistent and impressive aerial attack since the Philly game.  It simply passed the eye test.  I recall very few balls, other than those 2 picks and maybe the deep shot miss to Diggs, where Josh wasn't spot on with his ball placement and decision making.   Don't get me wrong, without the herculean effort from McDermott's defense, we don't win this game, but I would not say we won "in spite" of Josh.  Didn't you all feel like on balance the passing offense was clicking?  That to me, is the biggest reason for optimism going into the tournament!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, butch rolle said:

I don't understand the assessment of Josh being "off" on Sunday.  Granted, I was cursing him out after that second interception in the endzone but to me, this was the most consistent and impressive aerial attack since the Philly game.  It simply passed the eye test.  I recall very few balls, other than those 2 picks and maybe the deep shot miss to Diggs, where Josh wasn't spot on with his ball placement and decision making.   Don't get me wrong, without the herculean effort from McDermott's defense, we don't win this game, but I would not say we won "in spite" of Josh.  Didn't you all feel like on balance the passing offense was clicking?  That to me, is the biggest reason for optimism going into the tournament!

I thought it was the best the offense looked in weeks. Definitely the best Allen has thrown since the start of December.  Moved the ball all game just some mistakes took points of the board. That game really wasn’t as close as the score says. Hopefully the negative plays get cleaned up during playoffs. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And with a few exceptions (Rich Eisen, Jim Rome) there definitely seems to be an anti-Bills/anti-Josh Allen sentiment...and that's a good thing. 

The average take today goes this way: Dolphins were injured, Josh was bad, Miami should have won but they blew it. On several shows the Bills/Dolphins game and Buffalo's miracle climb to the 2nd seed wasn't even the lead story. But I'm fine with this. I hope the Bills are lucky and Josh is "bad" all the way to las Vegas. Last year the Bills were the media darlings and we fell short. This year our "window is closed" blah blah.  But I always felt like Buffalo succeeds more when they are disrespected. So I say keep it coming.

Also add Cowherd to the pro Bills/Allen group.  He gushed over Allen more then I've ever seen him do. 

For a lot of these talking heads Sunday night was a crushing loss.  It was personal for them because a couple of months ago they were pounding the table claiming that the Bills were done and would miss the playoffs and the Dolphins were an ascending SB team.  Sunday demonstrated to all the football world just how little these so called experts actually know about the game of football.

The Bills have embarrassed a lot of these talking heads and it gets personal when someone embarrasses you.  Allen has embarrassed many of these same cretins who proclaimed that he would never by a successful NFL QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I thought it was the best the offense looked in weeks. Definitely the best Allen has thrown since the start of December.  Moved the ball all game just some mistakes took points of the board. That game really wasn’t as close as the score says. Hopefully the negative plays get cleaned up during playoffs. 

I think it was PFF that measured something called turnover worthy plays and noted that Allen actually was excellent and near the top of QB's who did NOT put the ball in danger.  This stat caught me and a lot of others by surprise.  PFF then concluded that there seemed to be a bad luck factor involved in Allen's case and when he put the ball in danger it resulted in a TO at a high rate.  I saw some of this Sunday night. 

BTW anyone who has played poker knows how you can go on good luck/bad luck stretches for long periods of time.  Sometimes it takes years for things to revert to the mean.

With the exception of the tipped TD throw to Sherfield where the Gods of chance were smiling on Allen he was unlucky again. That first INT never happens if the refs call an obvious PI the play before and the throw at the end of the half should have led to a targeting call on the Dolphin's player who clearly led with his helmet.  

IMO the only really bad pass he threw was when he missed a wide open Diggs.  The first INT was a miscommunication and the 2nd a 4th down hail Mary to the end zone.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Speaking of the 2nd INT, was there any explanation given as to why they didn't attempt what would have been a 52-yard FG?

Seemed like McD was going for everything on 4th and short that game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Stephen A, Skip Bayliss, Pat Mcafee...a clown car of dumbasses.   Stephen A, I hear that voice and Im grabbing for the clicker.   If you can say something with 5 words or a hundred words, he's going with the hundred.....number 1, number 2...please shut the heck up.   Skip is a total tool.   Mcafee is a joke.   Its really hard to believe these guys make many millions of dollars talking sports.

Edited by billsfan714

17 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And with a few exceptions (Rich Eisen, Jim Rome) there definitely seems to be an anti-Bills/anti-Josh Allen sentiment...and that's a good thing. 

The average take today goes this way: Dolphins were injured, Josh was bad, Miami should have won but they blew it. On several shows the Bills/Dolphins game and Buffalo's miracle climb to the 2nd seed wasn't even the lead story. But I'm fine with this. I hope the Bills are lucky and Josh is "bad" all the way to las Vegas. Last year the Bills were the media darlings and we fell short. This year our "window is closed" blah blah.  But I always felt like Buffalo succeeds more when they are disrespected. So I say keep it coming.

Screw them. Next Team Up

43 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Stephen A, Skip Bayliss, Pat Mcafee...a clown car of dumbasses.   Stephen A, I hear that voice and Im grabbing for the clicker.   If you can say something with 5 words or a hundred words, he's going with the hundred.....number 1, number 2...please shut the heck up.   Skip is a total tool.   Mcafee is a joke.   Its really hard to believe these guys make many millions of dollars talking sports.

Watching anything football-related on ESPN is the first mistake.

Other than that Pats* clown McCourty, NFL Network is the place to go for decent takes.  Kyle Brandt loves the Bills.

10 minutes ago, BRH said:

Other than that Pats* clown McCourty, NFL Network is the place to go for decent takes.  Kyle Brandt loves the Bills.

I agree NFL network has sane coverage and it isnt about the hosts trying to become a brand.

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Watching ESPN at all is the first mistake.  

Watching anything football related is the second mistake.  

17 hours ago, Punch said:

I was surprised to see Cowherd's take after the game. I'm not a fan, but if nothing else, he's smart to zig when so many are zagging.

He flip flops more than a politician.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Speaking of the 2nd INT, was there any explanation given as to why they didn't attempt what would have been a 52-yard FG?

Because he didn't want to here from the media and fans about not being aggressive enough when you have the number one offense in the league on the other side.  This team has been near the top in the league in 3rd and 4th and short first down conversion percentages the last five or so years.

Actually I've watched almost all YouTube sports shows and the overwhelming majority is Pro-Bills.

Of course we want everyone to be giddy in regards to Josh's " Superman Like" moments in a game when he can will a victory with his spectacular play.

But to be fair, he is a turnover machine based on NFL statistics. Shoukd that not be discussed as well? 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-turnovers-by-a-nfl-player-from-2022-to-2023

18 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I get that, but most of the panel shows were so focused on Josh's turnovers, which in the big picture didn't hurt the Bills much, they couldn't even appreciate what the Bills accomplished: winning 5 straight and taking the 2-seed.

Those focusing on Josh’s turnovers are ignoring the fact that the Bills had zero “three and outs” in the game, moved the ball up and down field with ease all night, and had a massive TOP edge that kept our defense fresh and denied the Dolphins’ offense chances to score.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Those focusing on Josh’s turnovers are ignoring the fact that the Bills had zero “three and outs” in the game, moved the ball up and down field with ease all night, and had a massive TOP edge that kept our defense fresh and denied the Dolphins’ offense chances to score.  

He made two costly errors (panicking against the cover 0 to throw the first end zone pick and throwing short of the end zone to Ty Johnson at the end of the half) that a veteran QB shouldn't make that cost us at least six points.  Those are fair criticisms as we won't win a Super Bowl if he continues to make those errors.  To be fair though that was his first red zone turnover of the year.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Because he didn't want to here from the media and fans about not being aggressive enough when you have the number one offense in the league on the other side.  This team has been near the top in the league in 3rd and 4th and short first down conversion percentages the last five or so years.

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

He made two costly errors (panicking against the cover 0 to throw the first end zone pick and throwing short of the end zone to Ty Johnson at the end of the half) that a veteran QB shouldn't make that cost us at least six points.  Those are fair criticisms as we won't win a Super Bowl if he continues to make those errors.  To be fair though that was his first red zone turnover of the year.

The first INT was on Gabe.  Josh was under duress and didn't have all day for Gabe to decide which way he was going and he threw it to where he was.  The 2nd INT should have been a FG try instead and again if the DB plays it correctly, just knocks the ball down and it's an incomplete pass and turnover on downs.  The fumble was bad and so was throwing to Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

6 hours ago, BananaB said:

Seemed like McD was going for everything on 4th and short that game. 

5 hours ago, Doc said:

I guess.

I posted stats earlier but Tyler Bass has been weak on long field goals this year combined with Bills not wanting to give Fish short field.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Wraith said:

It's all because of Cris Collinsworth initial statements during the game. It set the narrative. I don't even mind Collinsworth's statement because he had about 3 seconds to form an analysis before he had to talk about it live on air. If he has gone back and rewatched the play a few times he probably has already changed his opinion.

The rest of these talking heads have time to actually watch the play a few times before spouting off opinions about it and they just don't. It was clearly an option route and one of them picked wrong. Maybe it was Josh in the face of an all-out blitz. But given what I see on the tape and the fact that this happens constantly with Gabe Davis and NOBODY else, I've got to believe it was Davis that chose wrong.

This has been a problem the past 2 years with Davis and I just don’t understand why they don’t cut out the option routes with Gabe or limit them a lot more.  I’m guessing it has to do with how well it can work, but they are too often not on the same page regardless and it’s just hurting them. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/8/2024 at 7:38 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Bills are out their 3 star players on defense if you count Von Miller who is still injured as far as I’m concerned. I have no sympathy for Miami. The Bengals were missing most of their O-Line when they beat us in the playoffs last year and still mopped the floor with us. No excuses unless it’s your starting QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/8/2024 at 8:14 PM, Steptide said:

I'm almost to the point where I don't even care if the bills win the superbowl, I just want them to get there so all this Allen talk stops. It's so annoying. The reason we don't hear this kinda stuff about Mahomes or burrow is because they've gotten their teams to the big game. Get there and all this goes away

Nick Wright says 👋. Some tools will never be sharpened I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️

Pretty much Eisen, Rome and to an extent Cowherd are the only ones that get it. They're not wrapped up in this obsessive lazy TO narrative.  Let Nick Wright go on his anti- Bills tour. Bring the disrespect and bulletin board material. Bring it all...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Pretty much Eisen, Rome and to an extent Cowherd are the only ones that get it. They're not wrapped up in this obsessive lazy TO narrative.  Let Nick Wright go on his anti- Bills tour. Bring the disrespect and bulletin board material. Bring it all...

And Greeny.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I get it, you're Nostradamus.  Miami had to punt 5 times, Buffalo had to punt once.  So they gave the ball to us 7 times (punts and interceptions) and we gave the ball to them 4 times.  What if Josh had no turnovers but we had to punt 4 times? Nobody'd be talking about bad Josh.  I think it's entirely possible that Josh could have 1 or 2 turnovers a game and we could still win the Super Bowl.   It's a team sport and the team is finding ways to win.  That's all that matters.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I get it, you're Nostradamus.  Miami had to punt 5 times, Buffalo had to punt once.  So they gave the ball to us 7 times (punts and interceptions) and we gave the ball to them 4 times.  What if Josh had no turnovers but we had to punt 4 times? Nobody'd be talking about bad Josh.  I think it's entirely possible that Josh could have 1 or 2 turnovers a game and we could still win the Super Bowl.   It's a team sport and the team is finding ways to win.  That's all that matters.

He left six points on the board.  You can’t win four straight against playoff caliber opponents making those mistakes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Fair enough.

The first INT was on Gabe.  Josh was under duress and didn't have all day for Gabe to decide which way he was going and he threw it to where he was.  The 2nd INT should have been a FG try instead and again if the DB plays it correctly, just knocks the ball down and it's an incomplete pass and turnover on downs.  The fumble was bad and so was throwing to Johnson.

I understand how the first INT can be interpreted that way, but Josh was quickly under a tremendous amount of pressure and I felt it was more a desperate attempt to force a play rather than throw it away.  Gabe was well covered if he had stayed where he was.

10 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I understand how the first INT can be interpreted that way, but Josh was quickly under a tremendous amount of pressure and I felt it was more a desperate attempt to force a play rather than throw it away.  Gabe was well covered if he had stayed where he was.

Not to mention it was a blind throw to Gabe. Josh was looking right the entire time and at the last second decided to throw to his left without assessing anything that was going on in that direction. I didn’t listen to the post game presser, but someone here had said Allen admitted he guessed. Just chuck the ball and hope. I can’t put that sort of INT on Davis, as popular as it is to do so.

The second INT should’ve went to Kincaid immediately in the flat, but Josh didn’t think he’d get the first so he tried to make something happen. That one didn’t bother me as much as the first INT or the missed overthrow to Diggs.

37 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Wrong. A good WR turns his head and makes the adjustment. Why do all ints go Gabes way? 

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Fair enough.

On the TJ throw the read was fine.. if he leads him he scores. Also obvious targeting on the tackle, should have been one more play. The 2nd int (like several he has thrown this year) was a good decision on 4th down. If GD doesn’t trip he has a shot at it. Either way it’s the best he could do. The first one.. just throw it away. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/8/2024 at 4:38 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Last year the Bills were the media darlings and we fell short. This year our "window is closed" blah blah.  But I always felt like Buffalo succeeds more when they are disrespected. So I say keep it coming.

The whole idea that the Bills Championship window had closed is so incredibly stupid. That window closes when Josh's play deteriorates to where he's substantially passed his prime.

Right now he's in his prime.

On 1/8/2024 at 5:14 PM, Peace Frog said:

Exactly!  ***** em.  Right in the ***** with a rusty ***** behind the **** shop on ****** Avenue.   ****!!!

And what does your cousin, War Frog have to say about this?

On 1/9/2024 at 7:34 AM, butch rolle said:

Josh was mostly on... Diggs had a nice bounce back game and Shakir and Kincaid continue to grow in the offense. The offense took a big step forward on Sunday and if Josh can cut down on his turnovers, the Bills have a great chance of attaining their ultimate goal.

Things are coming together for this team... and at the perfect time.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The whole idea that the Bills Championship window had closed is so incredibly stupid. There window closes when Josh's play deteriorates to where he's substantially passed his prime.

Right now he's in his prime.

And what does your cousin, War Frog have to say about this?

Josh was mostly on... Diggs had a nice bounce back game and Shakir and Kincaid continue to grow in the offense. The offense took a big step forward on Sunday and if Josh can cut down on his turnovers, the Bills have a great chance of attaining their ultimate goal.

Things are coming together for this team... and at the perfect time.

Exactly right. War frog . . . très amusant.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.