Week 18 - Around the NFL thread (all but Titans Jags game)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not totally relevant to the games today, but Steelers fans are morons. They are all convinced Tomlin is a terrible coach when he dragged a team with no QB to a 10-7 record in the toughest division in the NFL. Imagine the Bills record with Kenny Pickett, lol.

What a spoiled bunch Steelers fans are. They haven’t had a bad coach since 1968!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Not totally relevant to the games today, but Steelers fans are morons. They are all convinced Tomlin is a terrible coach when he dragged a team with no QB to a 10-7 record in the toughest division in the NFL. Imagine the Bills record with Kenny Pickett, lol.

What a spoiled bunch Steelers fans are. They haven’t had a bad coach since 1968!

I don't know.  Cowher struck me as being a bit psycho...😳

image.thumb.jpeg.860581c1f0253d5ca3aba5c9ec6583b2.jpeg

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

14 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I think many fans there are at the same point with Tomlin as fans here are at with McDermott. Both win a lot in the regular season. Both from William & Mary (did anyone know that?!?). Both have had recent playoff failures. While Tomlin has at least won a Super Bowl he also hasn't been in a long time. He also doesn't have a playoff win in a long time. 

They mentioned on the broadcast last night that TJ Watt remarked he's never been part of a team that won a playoff game. That's a long time. I think it's more "we need a new voice" and they just assume they will hire the next great coach so...let's just move on. Spoiled. 

23 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Yep. I know I got a ton of flack for writing this earlier in the season, but they truly are the worst fan base in all 4 major sports. "Steeler Nation" simply cannot handle failure. 

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think many fans there are at the same point with Tomlin as fans here are at with McDermott. Both win a lot in the regular season. Both from William & Mary (did anyone know that?!?). Both have had recent playoff failures. While Tomlin has at least won a Super Bowl he also hasn't been in a long time. He also doesn't have a playoff win in a long time. 

They mentioned on the broadcast last night that TJ Watt remarked he's never been part of a team that won a playoff game. That's a long time. I think it's more "we need a new voice" and they just assume they will hire the next great coach so...let's just move on. Spoiled. 

To me the difference is that McDermott has a top-3 in the NFL - potential HOF quarterback, and Tomlin doesn’t even have an NFL QB on his roster.

Different circumstances

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

To me the difference is that McDermott has a top-3 in the NFL - potential HOF quarterback, and Tomlin doesn’t even have an NFL QB on his roster.

Different circumstances

But that hasn't always been the case. The majority of Tomlin's career he's had that HoF level QB. A top defense. He's had the tools. 

McDermott has made a playoff with Tyrod. Circumstances are not exact, but there are definitely parallels IMO.

One thing I'm interested in this week that's not getting talked about enough. 

Last year the Packers were at home, vs a division rival in a "win and in" scenario. And Rodgers couldn't get it done. This year with Jordan Love...week 18...at home... division rival....win and in. Let's see if Love can get it done. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

meanwhile which teams are  we likely to face given we are a 2 seed and who as a 6 seed?

There’s only 3 teams we can possibly face now on wild card weekend:

Steelers (if Jags lose and we win)

Texans (if Jags win and we win)

Dolphins (if Jags lose and we lose)

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Couldn't the Bills face the Chiefs if they tie with the Dolphins?

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

thank you. Needed this info

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Blpwsmy mind that Steelers were doormats in late 60s when I really started watching football. Chcuck Noll comes in 1970, Cowher then Tomlin and thats it. MEntioned this to my wife yesterday and she couldn't believe it. Thats 53 years. And Tomlin hasn't finished below .500 since he got there. Respect.

8 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

I love watching snow games, but the Pat/Jets are just awful awful awful 

Well...at leasts its snowing there so I can get that nostalci warm fuzzy feeling watching FB in my cocoon in front of my Fireplace, indoors with the remote and finger food.

8:20 can't come fast enough

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.