1/7/24 Week #18 GAMEDAY Bills at Dolphins PregameThread Edit: Jags lost WE’RE IN!

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It's been talked about before in other threads. Pretty rare. Like 6 or 7 times and at least two of those times the team lost and was out of the playoffs.

75 and overcast with 94% humidity down here right now and you can feel it.

Probably should drop as the day goes.

Hope the boys are well hydrated.

The stakes for this game are even more than just our potential outcomes. We’re also playing a team who is trying to win the same division title. I wonder how many of those 6 or 7 occasions included the opponent being a division rival with the division title on the line. 

I consider today to be the first round of the playoffs for Buffalo. I know Josh & the team say they’ve approached the last 4 games with that mindset. However, today really has a playoff feel to the game!   I’m just happy to see the Bills playing meaningful , prime time national games in January!   Go Bills!  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

The lynch mob is just waiting for an opportunity to call for cleaning house.

You folks are a sad bunch.  Why can't you just enjoy this huge moment?

After the challenging season we have had, the Bills have pulled it together and put us in a great position to control our own destiny. This management group should be celebrated.  

The biggest question facing the off season for many of us on Two Bills Drive is are you sad sacks really fans or just trolls.

Lighten up and enjoy the moment.

Most of us support McDermott and Beane and appreciate what they have done to turn our beloved Bills into one of the most popular sports teams in North America.

Thank you to Bills management!

Go Bills and squich the fish!

I personally believe they will play very well tonight and win. 

But that doesn't change the fact that what I said is true. I'm not the lynch mob, but there will be questions to answer. There is no reason this team should ever miss the playoffs with Allen especially with some of the nonsensical, really inexcusable losses they had.

3 minutes ago, peterpan said:

This game feels like 2004 Steelers to me.

Agree.  I’m very nervous for this one.  If the Jags win,  there’s going to be an immense amount of pressure on this team.  Could be a loooooong night

16 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Leonard Fournette has been elevated for this game apparently.  Was on NFL Live a few minutes ago.

That means one of the other backs will not start today, Johnson or Murray..

Playoff Lenny ready to rumble and squish some fish !!

I'd assume it's Murray that will sit.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Josh Allen is not Drew f'ing Bledsoe.

And damn you for making me put those two names in the same sentence. :censored:

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Game 272!  -and it MAY BE our LAST GAME!

DAMN! This wild, unpredictable regular season is over?? 😲 It seems like just yesterday we were moaning about Allen’s 3 picks that lost the Opener at the Jets! Yet, by kickoff tonight, my favorite game watching buddy, Scott Hanson, will disappear for the next 9 months -as will 18 NFL teams! ..I’m already going through withdrawals 😢

Remember this PreGame Thread comment from late November? “Today, we begin our season-ending 5 game winning streak that gets us back to the playoffs! Hey! It’s the season of Hope! Right?” Well, guess what? Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!

Again, our Bills are on display for the entire nation as we head to south Florida with many thousands of Bills Mafia in a Winner Takes All for the AFCE! Amazingly, this will be our 10th nationally televised game this season! It was announced earlier this week the Bills are the 2nd favorite team in all of sports! Indeed, the Madden Coverboy is Must See TV! 

No one needs to read what’s on the line tonight. EVERYTHING IS!  Miami has led the Division from the beginning -only tied once after we beat them in October. However, their 1 game lead disappears by losing tonight and we will realize our 2nd ever 4-Peat Division Title and the #2 seed in the Conference! Then, IF we can win at Home in the opening round next week, we get ANOTHER Home game the following week! Should B’more stumble, we can earn Home field straight through to the Super Bowl! 

That’s the good thrillingly Great News! 

Then, there’s the other possibility.. Should the Jaguars beat the Titans today and we lose tonight, well, simply put, the Sky Will Fall! There’ll be jumpers aligned on the Peace Bridge, carnage on the streets of WNY and likely many suspensions handed out around here! 🤣 Tomorrow would become Blue Monday as lockers get cleaned out, followed by season ending interviews for all personnel -including the staff! So much of the teams’ future direction will be directly affected by tonight’s outcome! It’s almost unfair! Talk about High Drama!

To the game, the Dolphins are a hobbled bunch, but they were in the playoffs last year as well yet stood up and battled all the way to the end. Tua significantly helps his OLine by having the League’s fastest trigger. Then he has  jaw-dropping speed on the outside. They know they shouldn’t be in this position and we’re going to get their best shot! They will test our LBs with short, quick passes, making Bernard’s play essential to the outcome. Their swing pass screen game sets up deep throws and their go-to play in the red zone is the fade. Defensively is where their injuries really show up. Their best DE’s are out and their Secondary is hurting as well. Moving Diggs around and having Kincaid work stretch plays should work well for us. Aiding our effort is McDaniel’s situational awareness seems as ridiculous as his wardrobe!

As for the Bills, we’re as healthy as any team and we’re getting great play from our Dline, ‘TB’ and our Secondary -as RaSUUUL won AFCDPOW from his sterling performance last week. We *should* be able to run the ball which will keep the Dolphin offense on the pine. But, as usual in this era of Bills football, it all comes down to #17. He’s dinged up a bit, (21 sacks, 457 yards rushing & 15 rush TDs will do that!) but If judicious Josh shows up, our season will very likely continue. However,  if jerky Josh snuck on the plane, the horrible drama above could unfold! 

If you aren’t nErVoUs, have a family member check for a pulse!

Literally, it ALL comes Down to Tonight!

Joe Marino chimes in

WE GOTTA BELIEVE! 

GO BILLS!

Here's my expert breakdown for this matchup.

A dolphin can out swim a buffalo. But, a Buffalo can run faster than a dolphin. So basically in a triathlon, it comes down who the better cyclist is. And dolphins don't have knees. 

As you can see, Buffalo has a clear advantage and should win easily.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

That's because you're emotionally soft.

The circumstances of this game are utterly different.

I can’t believe people are making that comment over and over.  Not saying this is a guaranteed win, the the situations are far different. Just lazy paranoia. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Steelers had their backups in.

Miami has a ton to play for, as they want and I would say need the division if they are gonna go on a deep playoff run.

Outside of the "lose or go home" scenario, what other parallels do you see compared to the Steelers game?

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Here's my expert breakdown for this matchup.

A dolphin can out swim a buffalo. But, a Buffalo can run faster than a dolphin. So basically in a triathlon, it comes down who the better cyclist is. And dolphins don't have knees. 

As you can see, Buffalo has a clear advantage and should win easily.

I know it's early in 2024, but this is the opinion of the year!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

I can’t believe people are making that comment over and over.  Not saying this is a guaranteed win, the the situations are far different. Just lazy paranoia. 

I may be paranoid, but don’t you dare call me a lazy paranoid. You don’t know me. 

And stop looking at me like that. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

We are due for a good game. We need to bully them from the start - W

Go Bills!

The Bills are tougher and the Fins are all ready beat up. On Offense this needs to be a trench war, run game, pass to TEs and RBs and force them to tackle game. They will crumble under the pressure. Our defense has been playing great. Just let the offense impose their will with physicality and the Fins are done. The defense has all ready proven they can slow Miami's offense down. Watch for the pass rush to get after Tua with only 4 men and be successful because the back end will be taking away Tua's 1st read. I'm sure Miami will have some trick up their sleeve early, but I am not scared at all. Miami's offense is designed to get rid of the ball quick, but it's a one trick pony. Their success relies heavily on their skill position players and they are limping right now. They'll likely try to get the run game going and with our healthy DLine, don't see that happening either.

Bottom line is the Bills will embarrass the fish in their house.  They don't have the depth to match intensity. They are going to get beat up, just like they did last week.

Edited by Rockinon
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

If the bills lose to a team with their starting RB, WR, 2 LBs and CB out and a hobbled Tyreek Hill then they should embarrassed 

We barely beat this team with a 3rd string QB in the playoffs last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, teef said:

Because in their mind it makes them

feel better to be able to say “I told you so” than of the Bills actually win. This way they win either way-pretty sad actually 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Because in their mind it makes them

feel better to be able to say “I told you so” than of the Bills actually win. This way they win either way-pretty sad actually 

As I said, emotional softness 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Who is a more dangerous team? Houston or Dolphins? 

the way this forum talks sometimes is interesting to me lol

The most dangerous team the Bills will have to contend with are the Buffalo Bills

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

Just now, julian said:

No, that was last years team… we destroyed this years team.

True, and we blew the Fins out the last game.

All I'm saying is that we're maddeningly inconsistent and we play to the level of the competition.  We should win,  but we can just as easily beat ourselves

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mynamemike said:

I can’t remember a team being in a position to win the number 2 seed or miss the playoffs entirely based on the results of one game.  Am I crazy or is this a pretty rare circumstance?  Either way hopefully the boys take care of business tonight.  I know we’ve been spoiled the last 5 years but missing playoffs would be a real bummer.  

it’s because of our conference record 

30 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Yes and he was 2nd team all pro that year. I'm thinking it will be the same this year.

These selections have long ago lost any meaning at all.  In the case of Josh, there is no way he would participate anyway.  He will either be preparing for the Super Bowl, or playing golf.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Anyone weirdly hoping for the 2 seed or none. Will be a heck of a game!

Not hoping for, but fully expecting it. 

Which just makes this a playoff game for the Bills.  To me it's just like any other playoff game.  Win and move on.  Lose and go home.  It's not any more gut wrenching than any other Bills playoff game.  With that said, hell yeah I'm nervous, but I also have a sense of positive anticipation.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If the Bills loose, they will show to be a weak or non existent playoff team.  A WIN, and they will be a force to be watched in the playoffs.  2 seed is big.....potentially two home games in the march to the SB.  And, of course, the opportunity to go the the Ravens.  The Bills have a great record against the Ravens since McD era started.  McD seems to know how to deal w Harbaugh and co, and how to contain Lamar Jackson to some degree.  Howeveer this is the best version of the Ravens in recent memory. Beating them would get the Bills to the SB.  Of course, thats 4 more wins in a row. (including today)  And a 5th win to beat the 49's.  Long odds but, if the good Bills show up, plausible at least.

• Like (+1) 1

I flip on the Fox pregame show at 11:35 and i immediately see highlights of wide right, music city miracle and 13 seconds, Lol.  Then they start talking about the disappointing Bills. and which team needs the game more tonight.

• Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Immediately thought of this:

Real classy, finishing with the David Tepper maneuver. 🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.