Steelers @ Ravens 4:30pm Game Thread

Process

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Steelers have got to be the luckiest franchise in the sport. Getting a rain soaked field and Tyler Huntley when you have to win a game.  

Huntley isn't horrible... very decent backup qb.

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I think we all know/have an understanding that if Pittsburgh scores here, it's most likely over. The Ravens offense is not trying. They don't care. I see more heart on their defense, but the team overall is not trying.

We thought that in the first half, and then they found something from somewhere. Think the defense needs another TO to wake up the offense.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

they look like they are playing pretty hard to me.

they are running basic plays and trying to win with field position it feels like.   they seem really averse to running anything complicated on offense

The defense is, I don't know about the offense. I will wait and see how their offense handles their next series to really know.

2 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I think we all know/have an understanding that if Pittsburgh scores here, it's most likely over. The Ravens offense is not trying. They don't care. I see more heart on their defense, but the team overall is not trying.

It was my impression too that the Ravens offense is playing as though they want to be somewhere else - anywhere else.

I mean c’mon, they’re not starting backups all along the OL 🤮

On the other hand, the Steelers started out very strong running right at Baltimore and now they’re trying to bounce outside and it’s Just Not Working

Also, Pittsburgh has how many fumbles - 5 now?  Lost 3?  So it’s not as though the Steelers are humming and clicking 

I do sort of get why The Ravens keep running. I do think they are trying to play as mistake free as they can, and possibly hope Pittsburgh turns it over. It's still frustrating watching their run plays go nowhere, or Huntley looking like he has room to run, but not going for it, or waiting too long.

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

This game, two steps forward, four steps back. 🤣

Dear lord Ravens, just score a TD and put this one out of reach!! :beer: 

This is a team who makes a conscious and strategic decision to win preseason games but has no ability or will in this game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, boyst said:

This is a team who makes a conscious and strategic decision to win preseason games but has no ability or will in this game. 

The Steelers have something to fight for; in pre-season most teams are using it for something other than victory.

5 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

The defense is, I don't know about the offense. I will wait and see how their offense handles their next series to really know.

Idk, I’ve seen the Ravens LBers making some business decisions on some of the Harris runs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.