So how are we feeling about Coach McDermott?

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

For me any real discussion about McDummy still comes back to how this team has performed on the road this year:

@ NYJ - Loss, in overtime despite Aaron Rogers going down with season ending injury on first drive. (non playoff team)

@ WFT - Win, best overall win/performance on road but Allen and offense was not great as defense carried them (non playoff team)

* Jaguars - Loss,  I know this was technically a 'home game' but we all know what happened between the big injuries and really getting dominated from start to finish

@NE - Loss, against Mac Jones and a team that then went on to lose 5 straight after this. (non playoff team)

@ CIN - Loss, against a team that was starting to get hot before Burrows season ending injury. (non playoff team)

@ PHI - Loss, Probably Allen's best game of the year and he certainly hasn't been anywhere close to it since. Eagles have since loss every game they've played other than the Giants. (playoff team)

@ KC - Win, but probably would have lost if not for the infamous Toney Offside call on a play that would have taken the lead for the Chiefs in final minute of game. Also important to note the Bills were 1-5 away from Buffalo up until this point.  (playoff team)

@ LAC - Win, but barely against a QB with less than 5 career starts and interim head coach that has never even held a DC or OC position in the NFL. (non playoff team)

@ MIA - TBD (playoff team)

My point here is that regardless of the outcome on Sunday night, there's very little here to indicate this team is going to win a playoff game, especially on the road where Allen/McD have never done that.

god...you are so scared about sunday night.  this is perfect.  

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

For me any real discussion about McDummy still comes back to how this team has performed on the road this year:

@ NYJ - Loss, in overtime despite Aaron Rogers going down with season ending injury on first drive. (non playoff team)

@ WFT - Win, best overall win/performance on road but Allen and offense was not great as defense carried them (non playoff team)

* Jaguars - Loss,  I know this was technically a 'home game' but we all know what happened between the big injuries and really getting dominated from start to finish

@NE - Loss, against Mac Jones and a team that then went on to lose 5 straight after this. (non playoff team)

@ CIN - Loss, against a team that was starting to get hot before Burrows season ending injury. (non playoff team)

@ PHI - Loss, Probably Allen's best game of the year and he certainly hasn't been anywhere close to it since. Eagles have since loss every game they've played other than the Giants. (playoff team)

@ KC - Win, but probably would have lost if not for the infamous Toney Offside call on a play that would have taken the lead for the Chiefs in final minute of game. Also important to note the Bills were 1-5 away from Buffalo up until this point.  (playoff team)

@ LAC - Win, but barely against a QB with less than 5 career starts and interim head coach that has never even held a DC or OC position in the NFL. (non playoff team)

@ MIA - TBD (playoff team)

My point here is that regardless of the outcome on Sunday night, there's very little here to indicate this team is going to win a playoff game, especially on the road where Allen/McD have never done that.

why bother with all the discourse when you stated your position very clearly in your first 7 words

the drought did so much damage to this fan base so it is all understandable I suppose; the PTSD will probably take a full 10 years to recover from and we are only in year 5

1 minute ago, teef said:

god...you are so scared about sunday night.  this is perfect.  

It's not going to be easy Teef...the anxiety and tension should be off the charts for all Bills fans right now.

Yes the Dolphins are reeling and certainly didn't look like a superbowl contender against the Ravens...but the main point is the Bills are not very good on the road this year where the Dolphins have been near flawless at home with their only loss coming in that weird Titans MNF game that they blew a 2 score lead in the final minutes.

A true 50/50 toss up type of game if I've ever seen one and if they let Tua and that offense get going early and build a lead I don't think the Bills win especially if keeps playing the way he has in recent weeks.

• Agree 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

It's not going to be easy Teef...the anxiety and tension should be off the charts for all Bills fans right now.

Yes the Dolphins are reeling and certainly didn't look like a superbowl contender against the Ravens...but the main point is the Bills are not very good on the road this year where the Dolphins have been near flawless at home with their only loss coming in that weird Titans MNF game that they blew a 2 score lead in the final minutes.

A true 50/50 toss up type of game if I've ever seen one and if they let Tua and that offense get going early and build a lead I don't think the Bills win especially if keeps playing the way he has in recent weeks.

i certainly don't think it will be an easy game, and say what you want about road wins...the bills tend to have the phins number.  road or at home.  i just enjoy you squirm at how the miami could blow this yet again this year.  lose on sunday, and the phins will be one and done in the playoffs.  it just comes down to what bills team shows up this sunday.  

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i certainly don't think it will be an easy game, and say what you want about road wins...the bills tend to have the phins number.  road or at home.  i just enjoy you squirm at how the miami could blow this yet again this year.  lose on sunday, and the phins will be one and done in the playoffs.  it just comes down to what bills team shows up this sunday.  

I'm sure you're surprised to hear this...but I agree 100% with everything you just said...especially what version of the Bills (and most importantly JA17) shows up.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Who said McD has no responsibility for building the Bills into a top franchise? I didn't.

When you land a Josh Allen it's pretty much a given you can sleepwalk into a top 10 franchise. He that good. 

The issue and the debate is why the Bills haven't been able to even sniff a super bowl. Frankly, they haven't even been close!!! There are several reasons why and one IMHO includes McD. Of course,you disagree. 

Should this fan base accept a good regular season as a success, playoff appearances as a success? One playoff win and out as a success? This is what we've gotten under McD. Success can be measured and interpreted in many ways. I'd argue the goalpost have dramatically moved for at least a couple of years.

McD continues to fall short. Not sure how Bills fans nonchalantly dismiss the 13 second nightmare and the Bengal thrashing as hoe hum. What's the next occurrence of failure? Can't wait to hear your excuse. 

Why? Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes. Same thing was said about Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning because of Belichick and Brady.

Did you know Ben Roethlisberger has 2 rings. Probably. But did you know he avoided having to face Tom Brady both times he won a ring?

I think some people would discredit McDermott if he won a ring but didn’t beat Andy Reid.

You keep saying he has Allen, but the other teams have better QBs. This argument works better whenever he loses to a worse QB in the playoffs. 

I don’t accept the general statement that he can’t win in the playoffs. The truth is he can’t beat Mahomes and Burrow, yet.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm sure you're surprised to hear this...but I agree 100% with everything you just said...especially what version of the Bills (and most importantly JA17) shows up.

for what it's worth, i have no idea what to expect with this game.  does super hero josh show up, or is it the bills offense of the last two weeks.  i don't even have a hunch about this game.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Two moments from this week alone illustrate my concerns:

1. Josh being pissed we just did the dumb "try to make them jump" on 4th down instead of actually playing aggressively, playing TO WIN, and really going for it.

2. McD having to call a time out when we lined up in shotgun instead of the Tush Push. How did he not know it was that play called until they were already lined up? Is he not listening to the coach chatter while we are on offense?

it seems in general fans are applauding HC’s alertness to the situation and calling the time out.  No one seems to expect the Bills to be organized in situations calling for quick accurate decision making. 

• Eyeroll 1

49 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

why bother with all the discourse when you stated your position very clearly in your first 7 words

the drought did so much damage to this fan base so it is all understandable I suppose; the PTSD will probably take a full 10 years to recover from and we are only in year 5

You arent responding to a Bills fan there.

Best Buffalo Bills head coach since Marv Levy!

Did anyone else notice how the Buffalo Bills defense won the game against NE this past week? Who was calling the defensive plays again? 

Meanwhile, the Buffalo offense was falling on its face all game with missed throws, dropped passes, and bad O-line play.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why? Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes. Same thing was said about Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning because of Belichick and Brady.

Did you know Ben Roethlisberger has 2 rings. Probably. But did you know he avoided having to face Tom Brady both times he won a ring?

I think some people would discredit McDermott if he won a ring but didn’t beat Andy Reid.

You keep saying he has Allen, but the other teams have better QBs. This argument works better whenever he loses to a worse QB in the playoffs. 

I don’t accept the general statement that he can’t win in the playoffs. The truth is he can’t beat Mahomes and Burrow, yet.

This is hogwash. Mahomes and Burrow aren't moons ahead of Allen in talent. It's ridiculous to say Allen can't beat Mahomes or Burrow. He had Mahomes beat and the coach shi! the bed in 13 seconds. Allen has beaten Mahomes in the regular season more than once. The "yet" doesn't give you an out here. 

Burrow is very good but it's can be argued Josh is better. Either way there's not a huge difference to say Allen can't beat Burrow. The Bills coaching staff was abysmal in the Bengals playoff game. That's when I firmly knew McD wasn't the guy. The "yet" doesn't give you an out here. 

Football is a team sport led by a QB driven league. Allen has not progressed further in the playoffs not because of Allen. There's a lot of reasons and it's not that Allen can't beat Mahomes or Burrow yet.  What a crazy statement.

Look at coaching and game planning as a start as to why the Bills can't get over the hump. Other variables are applicable such as injuries, player execution, and team weaknesses. 

How many more chances do you give McD to fail?  How many more excuses?

Mahomes, Burrow, Reid, injuries, coordinators, special teams coach, PTSD, bad luck, etc... Pick one or more.

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

This is hogwash. Mahomes and Burrow aren't moons ahead of Allen in talent. It's ridiculous to say Allen can't beat Mahomes or Burrow. He had Mahomes beat and the coach shi! the bed in 13 seconds. Allen has beaten Mahomes in the regular season more than once. The "yet" doesn't give you an out here. 

Burrow is very good but it's can be argued Josh is better. Either way there's not a huge difference to say Allen can't beat Burrow. The Bills coaching staff was abysmal in the Bengals playoff game. That's when I firmly knew McD wasn't the guy. The "yet" doesn't give you an out here. 

Football is a team sport led by a QB driven league. Allen has not progressed further in the playoffs not because of Allen. There's a lot of reasons and it's not that Allen can't beat Mahomes or Burrow yet.  What a crazy statement.

Look at coaching and game planning as a start as to why the Bills can't get over the hump. Other variables are applicable such as injuries, player execution, and team weaknesses. 

How many more chances do you give McD to fail?  How many more excuses?

Mahomes, Burrow, Reid, injuries, coordinators, special teams coach, PTSD, bad luck, etc... Pick one or more.

Never said he can’t beat Mahomes and Burrow. You make a big argument that McDermott should make a Super Bowl because he has Allen. Losing to Burrow and Mahomes shouldn’t be considered fireable offenses is all I’m saying.

How many chances? I think we’re at least 2 years of missing the playoffs or 2 years of 1 and done in the playoffs before McDermott’s seat gets hot.

• Like (+1) 1

I know McDermott will be back next year, and I'm not necessarily even opposed to that, but I don't think he's the guy who's going to get us a championship.  Would love to be proven wrong, but the past several years have been the epitome of "good but not great."

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How many chances? I think we’re at least 2 years of missing the playoffs or 2 years of 1 and done in the playoffs before McDermott’s seat gets hot.

Missing the playoffs even once with a healthy Josh Allen should immediately put you on the hot seat.  Not fired, but on notice at least.

• Like (+1) 1

It seems we all mostly agree on two:

1. Defense and DC--McD is good. Seems above avg and he and Beane are Tetris masters in 2023.

2. Offense and OC--A last minute save at OC (day after Bronco L). Jury out, but HC gets credit for a last minute save.

3. Now. 3 min drill or time compressed, stress, decision? I think he's below average. for 50/50 calls, He's almost never on the positive side.

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He is a good DC. But it's obvious he spends all his time with the Defense and practically zero time on Offense or Special Teams, as evidenced by the fact that the only unit that shows up ready to play each week is the Defense.

This made me realize something that I had felt but wasn't consciously thinking about. Every week over the past month or so the defense is playing with its hair on fire. They might not always perform great but they are rallying to the ball, celebrating after big plays, and just generally look they are playing like their lives are on the line week after week. When they let the opposing offense make a play they don't let it shake them, they're just on to the next play. Everybody looks like they know what their teammates around them are doing and have enough trust in their teammates to simply execute their role on the play.

The offense in contrast always looks a bit lethargic to me. It looks like a group of co-workers that have a pleasant enough relationship but aren't going to war for each other. When they have a bad play it often snowballs into a string of bad plays. The players openly show frustration on the field. There is often times a complete lack of cohesion. Allen and his pass catchers aren't always on the same page. The OL miscommunicates and allows free rushers.

I think there is really something to this.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

His game mistakes this year had me calling for his head too.  Way to many bad calls on D and bad coaching decisions.

12 MEN on the field, 13 Seconds,  and terrible time management when there are 5 minutes or less remaining in 4th Qtrs during games.  

He should have gone for two points on one of the touchdowns on Sundays win versus the Pats.  Why take the chance to allow a touchdown to beat you.

Put your team in a position not to lose by a Touchdown, and only tie the game.  He does this way to often.  He is not a cutting edge strategist as a head coach, when it comes to real-time game decision making and the use of analytics.  He is way behind other coaches when it comes to this.

He needs to get to the AFC CG.  HE NEEDS TO WIN THAT GAME!!!  that will at least show progress.  That means his 1st Super Bowl apperance.

But the problem is I do not see this team getting 4 more straight wins with him at the helm.  He is going to have this team unprepared for a opponent and it could come as soon as this Sunday against Miami.  I don't see us losing this game but if he chokes in this game and we miss the playoffs he needs to be fired immediately.

No delays.  Fired right after the team lands back in Buffalo.  I just do not have any faith in this HC and his NFL competency.

Edited by Toyo321

The Super Bowl window is closing, and we're stuck with him, I'm afraid... changing horses midstream will just leave an absolute mess. Us winning all of these games in a row has forced us into this corner... it would look San Diego Chargers bad if we fired him and we won at least one playoff game.

He's doing a good job with defense.

I just hope he allows Beane to stock the offense with playmakers this off-season.

Overall he's above average. There are a lot of bad coaches in the NFL. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This made me realize something that I had felt but wasn't consciously thinking about. Every week over the past month or so the defense is playing with its hair on fire. They might not always perform great but they are rallying to the ball, celebrating after big plays, and just generally look they are playing like their lives are on the line week after week. When they let the opposing offense make a play they don't let it shake them, they're just on to the next play. Everybody looks like they know what their teammates around them are doing and have enough trust in their teammates to simply execute their role on the play.

The offense in contrast always looks a bit lethargic to me. It looks like a group of co-workers that have a pleasant enough relationship but aren't going to war for each other. When they have a bad play it often snowballs into a string of bad plays. The players openly show frustration on the field. There is often times a complete lack of cohesion. Allen and his pass catchers aren't always on the same page. The OL miscommunicates and allows free rushers.

I think there is really something to this.

Considering how good the defense has been WITHOUT all pros Matt Milano, and Tre White I'd say the defense has been carrying some games. 

The Buffalo offense should have been blowing out some of these bad teams and the defense has saved the day. I don't know where this fire McD all started (possibly by Ken Dorsey) However, the right guy was fired after the Bills under Dorsey after they went 5-5 after 10 games.

New Buffalo OC Joe Brady has only one loss to the NFC Champ Eagles at Philly in OT!!!  NY Jets, Chiefs, Chargers, Cowboys, and Patriots... all wins. That win against Dallas was a thing of beauty with that Buffalo run game 49 rushes for 266 yards and 3 TDs. 31 to 10 against one of the best teams in the NFL at that time. weren't they the #1 scoring offense before that game? 

The Buffalo offense hasn't been itself most of the season and we know Dorsey was a big part of that problem. Looking at that Patriots game I have to think it's mostly on the players themselves as they tend to play down to the level of the opponent. Allen looked bad, with missed throws, and missed looks. The Bills O line looked bad in the middle as both OGs were owned all game. Then the drops! Three of those drops would have been for first-downs. Both Diggs and Kincade targeted 7x with only 4 catches each. 

Cook had a drop, and Murray had a drop and Sherfield went 0 for 3. 

I'd also like to add that Bills fans should be so happy that they have a magic man at GM. That trade for Rasul Douglas was one of the best ever, a 3rd rounder for a guy playing like a 1st. Two INT's with one a pick-six and another tipped that Ed Oliver caught for an INT. Great stuff. 

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Who said McD has no responsibility for building the Bills into a top franchise? I didn't.

When you land a Josh Allen it's pretty much a given you can sleepwalk into a top 10 franchise. He that good. 

The issue and the debate is why the Bills haven't been able to even sniff a super bowl. Frankly, they haven't even been close!!! There are several reasons why and one IMHO includes McD. Of course,you disagree. 

Should this fan base accept a good regular season as a success, playoff appearances as a success? One playoff win and out as a success? This is what we've gotten under McD. Success can be measured and interpreted in many ways. I'd argue the goalpost have dramatically moved for at least a couple of years.

McD continues to fall short. Not sure how Bills fans nonchalantly dismiss the 13 second nightmare and the Bengal thrashing as hoe hum. What's the next occurrence of failure? Can't wait to hear your excuse. 

Justin Herbert has entered the chat. 

My opinion hasn't changed at all. His team still shows it has trouble closing out games against bad teams the last two weeks.

I'm probably in the minority here, but short of winning a Super Bowl I think he shouldn't return next season. It's understandable that a lot of Bills fans are just happy to make the playoffs after all the losing seasons we had before Allen got here, but you really should want more from this team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Drew Brees was a HOF QB (Josh Allen isn’t yet) and he missed the playoffs 3 straight years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Never said he can’t beat Mahomes and Burrow. You make a big argument that McDermott should make a Super Bowl because he has Allen. Losing to Burrow and Mahomes shouldn’t be considered fireable offenses is all I’m saying.

That's fair. 

43 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Justin Herbert has entered the chat. 

I don't think Herbert is in Allen's league. Just my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Drew Brees was a HOF QB (Josh Allen isn’t yet) and he missed the playoffs 3 straight years.

He also has a SB ring. Tick Tok...

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

The dolphins are 13- 3 at home. The home field is very big here. 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That's fair. 

I don't think Herbert is in Allen's league. Just my opinion. 

He also has a SB ring. Tick Tok...

Sure, but the expectation for a Star Wars number HoF QB should be playoffs every year, right?

except that doesn’t happen that way. 

McD is currently 9th in the NFL when it comes to total playoff games.

The folks above him:

McVay: good playoff resume

Sean Payton: 3 playoff wins since 2017 (less than McD)

Tomlin: 3 playoff wins since 2015 (less than McD)

Haurbaugh: 2 playoff wins since 2014 (less than McD)

McCarthy: 3 playoff wins since 2016 (less than McD)

Carroll: 2 playoff wins since 2016 (less than McD)

Andy Reid: great playoff resume

Bill Belichick: great playoff resume with Brady, but 3 playoff wins since 2018, all in that season with Brady. (Less than McD)

By the numbers, McD is one of the top coaches in terms of playoff appearances and wins since 2017.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

• Like (+1) 2

Outside of maybe the Ravens and 9ers, what team has not had similar issues that the bills have had this season? Eagles were the last standing undefeated team this season, and they've looked awful as of late. Kc is not their usual selves. Browns look great having flacco as their starting qb. Case and point, this nfl season hasent been completely normal. tons of injuries, lots of starting qbs out. This season as a whole might just be an oddball honestly. It wouldn't even shock me to see a team like the Browns in the superbowl this year. The whole season has just been weird 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's not like number 17 and the offense has been humming. In fact, I'd argue Allen has played pretty poorly. In his last four games, he's the worst rated QB passing under no pressure. That's just crazy that the Bills are still winning. I don't think the current version of Allen gets it done on Sunday. 

I'm extremely interested in seeing the adjustments Miami makes on offense. The Bills D destroyed their rhythm and timing. 

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sure, but the expectation for a Star Wars number HoF QB should be playoffs every year, right?

The folks above him:

Bill Belichick: great playoff resume with Brady, but 3 playoff wins since 2018, all in that season with Brady. (Less than McD)

By the numbers, McD is one of the top coaches in terms of playoff appearances and wins since 2017.

There's no doubt McD has a great track record of making the playoffs. I don't think anyone is arguing that. 

You talked about since 2017 and him being one of the top coaches. Stats can definitely be deceiving and skewered in many directions depending on where you are trying to go. Let's dig deeper and paint a different picture. 

McD is 4-5 in the playoffs. Firechans that's a whooping 44% win percentage. Are you saying that's elite? Cream of the crop? Top notch? 

More specifically, let's look at the last three years when Allen was clearly elite. Well, let's just leave it at we all know the results. Not sure how any football fan can say McD was elite. A case certainly can be made of the opposite. 

Moreover, amoung the football people the whispers are McD and the Bills just always seemingly fall short. Can't argue that with only one AFC championship game on his resume. A big fat loss at that. Josh Allen tick tok clock is running...

I'm not sure how any football fan or Bills fan can come away with McD is an above average playoff coach. 13 seconds and both playoff games last year are screaming off the charts. Multiple blown leads and not finishing are screaming off the charts.

Do you know the window a coach and an elite QB together have to make a SB appearance and win it? Let's just say the window has passed. 

No way no how is McD a quality playoff coach. Your breakdown doesn't tell a complete picture. In fact, I'd call it deceptive. No offense. 

Edited by newcam2012

31 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The folks above him:

What is your criteria here? Super Bowl coaches with crappy QB's? Thanks for the insight. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

There's no doubt McD has a great track record of making the playoffs. I don't think anyone is arguing that. 

You talked about since 2017 and him being one of the top coaches. Stats can definitely be deceiving and skewered in many directions depending on where you are trying to go. Let's dig deeper and paint a different picture. 

McD is 4-5 in the playoffs. Firechans that's a whooping 44% win percentage. Are you saying that's elite? Cream of the crop? Top notch? 

More specifically, let's look at the last three years when Allen was clearly elite. Well, let's just leave it at we all know the results. Not sure how any football fan can say McD was elite. A case certainly can be made of the opposite. 

Moreover, amoung the football people the whispers are McD and the Bills just always seemingly fall short. Can't argue that with only one AFC championship game on his resume. A big fat loss at that. Josh Allen tick tok clock is running...

I'm not sure how any football fan or Bills fan can come away with McD is an above average playoff coach. 13 seconds and both playoff games last year are screaming off the charts. Multiple blown leads and not finishing are screaming off the charts.

Do you know the window a coach and an elite QB together have to make a SB appearance and win it? Let's just say the window has passed. 

No way no how is McD a quality playoff coach. Your breakdown doesn't tell a complete picture. In fact, I'd call it deceptive. No offense. 

Um, yes.

Since 2017:

Carroll is 1-4.  20% win percentage.

BB is 5-3

McCarthy is 1-2

Harbaugh is 1-4

Payton is 3-4

Tomlin is 0-3

McVay 7-3

Shanny is 6-3

So at this point, by your playoff win% standards, McD is like a top 5 coach in the NFL. The only coaches with more or the same or more playoff games and a better playoff record since 2017 is McVay, Shanny, BB and Reid.

Try to actually compare him to other coaches with the same standard. You call the stats deceptive, but what they really do is paint a picture you don't like.

Folks love to say how good Tomlin and Harbaugh are, and they've won like 2 playoff games in a decade.  But hey, if that's good, McD is elite lmao,

8 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

What is your criteria here? Super Bowl coaches with crappy QB's? Thanks for the insight. 

Criteria is wins and games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Um, yes.

Since 2017:

Carroll is 1-4.  20% win percentage.

BB is 5-3

McCarthy is 1-2

Harbaugh is 1-4

Payton is 3-4

Tomlin is 0-3

McVay 7-3

Shanny is 6-3

So at this point, by your playoff win% standards, McD is like a top 5 coach in the NFL. The only coaches with more or the same or more playoff games and a better playoff record since 2017 is McVay, Shanny, BB and Reid.

Try to actually compare him to other coaches with the same standard. You call the stats deceptive, but what they really do is paint a picture you don't like.

Folks love to say how good Tomlin and Harbaugh are, and they've won like 2 playoff games in a decade.  But hey, if that's good, McD is elite lmao,

Criteria is wins and games.

Only three coaches ALL TIME in the Super Bowl era above 60% winning in the regular season have never won a conference championship game. I don't even need to only include coaches partial data and exclude franchise QB's to arrive at this stat. You can twist this anyway you want. McD has been trash in the playoffs and only in the same ball park as Marty. Keep fighting that fight.

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Only three coaches ALL TIME in the Super Bowl era above 60% winning in the regular season have never won a conference championship game. I don't even need to only include coaches partial data and exclude franchise QB's to arrive at this stat. You can twist this anyway you want. McD has been trash in the playoffs and only in the same ball park as Marty. Keep fighting that fight.

Good thing Sean’s gonna win it this year.

See you at the parade.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

The folks above him:

True but all of those coaches have a ring 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PauleeeWalnuts said:

True but all of those coaches have a ring 

That’s great for the teams they won them for.

The only coaches in the NFL I would take over McD for the Bills next season are Shanny, McVay, Reid and maybe BB but probably not. 

Would you want BB? 

Anyone that wants McD gone “unless” better get their choices lined up for who you want your next coach to be. Because the MCD homers will never let us hear the end of it until we fabricate a multi-Super Bowl winner out of fresh air.
Because you know, anyone that’s ever won a SB before had to have come from being a previous SB head coaching position or McD must automatically be better. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Anyone that wants McD gone “unless” better get their choices lined up for who you want your next coach to be. Because the MCD homers will never let us hear the end of it until we fabricate a multi-Super Bowl winner out of fresh air.
Because you know, anyone that’s ever won a SB before had to have come from being a previous SB head coaching position or McD must automatically be better. 

I think it’s absolutely reasonable to want a new voice in the locker room.

I thought it was more reasonable to want it when the team was dead in the water 8 weeks ago.

But it’s not necessary to believe McD is a loser and a bad coach to want a change.

The Eagles fired Reid famously despite being pretty successful because they never got over the hump. The Eagles won a Super Bowl before Reid did and got to a second.

Does that mean Sirianni or Pederson are better coaches than Reid? Of course not. And no one would argue that, unless they were hell-bent on being foolish.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.