Ravens are explosive

Niagara Dude

Give the Ravens the FO credit,  that team is no longer some run first offence.  They went out and improved the WR position and now their offence looks like we did 2 seasons ago when we lost in 13secs game.  It's a passing league,  the best teams pass and if you're trying to still play caveman football you won't go far. Raven destroyed the 49 ers last week and hung a 50 burger on Dolphins today .  I just hope the Bills can rediscover our passing game going into Miami because as much as I love James Cook that won't get it done.  

Dolphins may have lost Bradly Chubb for the season as he was carted off with a non contact knee injury during garbage time.  Use the Philly game plan and not the Cowboys game plan because they will be missing both their top two pass rushers

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

They shot their wad beating Miami, put a fork in them…, 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My main focus was elsewhere obviously … but the other TV in the corner of my eye showing this game… they looked good … like last week …

if they rest players next week and have the bye Week 1 … would prefer to get them cold the following week… although that can’t happen if the Bills get the division 

The Ravens look AMAZING.  But so did the 70 point Dolphins, win streak Eagles, and pre-Ravens game 49ers.

Lamar gets my vote for MVP, but he’s not unbeatable.  Their defense on the other hand they run, and they hit, and they rally for EVERYTHING.

Would much rather have that #2 seed and catch them later on.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chugga said:

The Ravens look AMAZING.  But so did the 70 point Dolphins, win streak Eagles, and pre-Ravens game 49ers.

Lamar gets my vote for MVP, but he’s not unbeatable.  Their defense on the other hand they run, and they hit, and they rally for EVERYTHING.

Would much rather have that #2 seed and catch them later on.

And maybe hope somebody knocks them off before we get there.

Then we could host afccg🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Nelius said:

So is Cleveland. We’ve been blinded by Miami. Reality is it gets much worse. Brady and Allen need to figure this out 

True, but Flacco is gonna throw you a few a game - Lamar less-so.  Scary thing is Zappe threw us a few and that almost didn’t matter today.  So yeah Brady needs to do his homework

They look great, but playoff Lamar is gonna show up.  

Reminds me of the Tennessee team that lost in their first playoff game after being the one seed a couple years back (2021?).

We just have to keep the win streak going and I think we'll be hosting the AFC chip game 

1 hour ago, Man with No Name said:

Dont forget how amazing the cowboys looked before we exposed them or how bad the chargers looked before they made us look kind of bad. or how about what we did to miami when they were looking unbeatable. 

The Ravens are not unbeatable. Not even close. 

Right,  please don't compare them with Cowboys.  These dudes are for real

I still think the ravens have a good chance of one and done against the browns with the winner of the east hosting the conference game.

Their offense is certainly more well rounded that in some prior Lamar years, but explosive isn't a word I'd use

I think the Ravens looks incredible.

But you put the Bills up against an incredible side, and you see an incredible Bills.

They're just weird like that 

We have absolute nothing to fear except the game of football itself. 

Edited by Bill Grundy
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Wizard said:

They are a complete team. Multiple offense threats, all-time level kicker, and a variety of ways to disrupt as a defense.

Beatable...let's win division and figure out the offense to see them in late January.

I read this and a little bit of pee came out.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, colin said:

They look great, but playoff Lamar is gonna show up.  

Reminds me of the Tennessee team that lost in their first playoff game after being the one seed a couple years back (2021?).

We just have to keep the win streak going and I think we'll be hosting the AFC chip game 

Reminds me of the Ravens team that lost in their first playoff game after being the one seed a few years back (2019).

• Like (+1) 1

Biggest difference for them is Lamar has learned to hit the receiver when the D comes up to stop his scramble,  and he is very good at moving around the pocket to extend a play.

McD has successfully defended him in the past but needs to adjust his plan IMO.  He runs far less now.

The big thing is our D needs to pressure Lamar.  They've been excellent at preventing that, so it's critical. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Ravens defense is elite. Their offense isn't as great as they seem. Bills would gave to play a clean game and Josh would have to take all the ding and dunk plays.

This concerns me more than their point scoring offense.  Josh tends not to play well in dink and dunk games.  Having said this, he does seem to have more patience as the season goes on so who knows?  The Bills D is also coming together at the right time.

Ravens are different now.  The new OC has really turned Lamar into a true dual threat QB.  The defensive concepts we’ve used in the past to contain Lamar need to be tweaked to account for the improved passing aspect of their game now.  If we end up playing the Ravens it will be a true heavyweight fight.  Best team on that day will win the game.

I just watched the Ravens-Dolphins game, having only had seen the score prior.

I expected compete domination.

Instead, it wasn’t.

Miami dropped a wide open TD that would have made it 17-7 Miami. That was the turning point of the game. Then after halftime, Baltimore returned a kickoff very deep and picked off Tua. It was a comedy of errors.

18 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

Oh definitely. They are the best team in the NFL. No doubt about it. If we get into the playoffs I am not expecting to get past them, just hoping we get a chance.

Lamar in the playoffs is usually a far worse version of him in the regular season.  Has he even had a single good playoff game performance?

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I just watched the Ravens-Dolphins game, having only had seen the score prior.

I expected compete domination.

Instead, it wasn’t.

Miami dropped a wide open TD that would have made it 17-7 Miami. That was the turning point of the game. Then after halftime, Baltimore returned a kickoff very deep and picked off Tua. It was a comedy of errors.

Really the same thing with the 49ers. 49ers were the better team but had 5 turnovers. 

Don't get me wrong. Ravens are a good team but I've watched some of their games and I've seen Lamar miss a ton of throws. I know he hit Flowers yesterday in stride but he has underthrown a lot of deep balls that went for TDs. Bills have an elite zone defense and that will cause issues with them in the playoffs. I would pick the Bills over the Ravens in the playoffs. Not as a homer pick but from what I've seen. The biggest concern is I think the Bills would only be able to have 1 turnover max.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.