Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Ramsey hasn’t been 100% I kind of hope they try that honestly 

Miami is in a pickle for sure.  sorta wanna see a lot of 12 and 13 personnel from this weekend.  We could go spread with either personnel grouping and force them to use LBs (where they are super weak) to cover one or two of Cook, Kincaid, Knox, Morris.  

Edited by YattaOkasan

29 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

And apple against the outside - Davis or Shakir does not match up well. Apple is a step below mckelvin. Athletic talent but dumb as a crate of bologna. 

We need to express deep routes to Davis this week and moves by Shakir to scheme him open making apple think.

Apple can beat you on read react in some cases because he can move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

And says Ramsey begs him to let him shadow opp's best WR. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Put Diggs in motion 

41 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean, even taking out that Allen has put up huge numbers vs Ramsey in the past while he did this...

If you know Ramsey is going to shadow most plays, putting Diggs into motion should give massive holes for Kincaid and Cook to exploit if secondary help has been moved.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Same, and I've heard this sentiment echoed by many Twitter users, and applying to non-football topics, too.

Put simply, I think that the Twitter algorithm is now set up to promote argument and debate and inflammatory discussion. Ever since Elon bought it, I'm seeing less of the things I like and follow and subscribe to, and more of the things that are on the other end of the spectrum, so to speak.

For example: All of the accounts I follow and articles I Like or Re-Tweet clearly point to me being a Bills fan. And yet, my feed is absolutely full of Dolphins fans, or sometimes of the fans of the team the Bills will be facing that week. Or I follow, Like, and Re-Tweet left-leaning political articles and Tweets, only to see my feed absolutely inundated with right wing commentary.

Rather than showing me more of what my usage history on the website clearly indicates I actually enjoy or am interested in, Twitter now seems to go out of its way to show me the opposition viewpoint.

I suppose it could be viewed as a good thing by some. Not reinforcing the "echo chamber effect" quite so much. On the other hand, the tenor of Twitter these days is so much more argumentative, vitriolic, and inflammatory than I can ever remember it, and I think it's being intentionally cultivated by the fella that runs that site these days.

My best suggestion is to always view the "following" tab rather than the "suggested for you" tab, because the website is now apparently intentionally "suggesting" things it knows you will not enjoy or agree with.

Not really sure but it sounds like you might have a virus from some “risky” site you frequent.  

My feed has remained perfectly the same as always - midget sex, prostitutes and OnlyFans tweets.  As it should be.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

On 1/3/2024 at 6:59 AM, Solomon Grundy said:

Mike McDaniel will test the Bills run defense early with Achane and their RBs. Specifically the outside runs. I will almost guarantee the Dolphins will target Dodson side the majority of the game. DBs will need to tackle well this game

I have been reading all the posts I can find on this game both here and on finheaven.  As the week progresses, I am getting less confident.

The Dolphins will go into this game with great resolve.   This feels like the Chargers game.  The Chargers looked like there was no way they could compete with us and we played to their level.

If we do that with this game, we will be looking at the end of our season Sunday night. 

I hope the players and staff have learned from past mistakes and come into this game with the same determination that the Dolphins are sure to bring. 

7 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I have been reading all the posts I can find on this game both here and on finheaven.  As the week progresses, I am getting less confident.

The Dolphins will go into this game with great resolve.   This feels like the Chargers game.  The Chargers looked like there was no way they could compete with us and we played to their level.

If we do that with this game, we will be looking at the end of our season Sunday night. 

I hope the players and staff have learned from past mistakes and come into this game with the same determination that the Dolphins are sure to bring. 

Having our season potentially come to an end and miss the playoffs for the first time since 2018 if they lose on Sunday...isn't enough to give the Bills resolve?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I have been reading all the posts I can find on this game both here and on finheaven

I think we've discovered the problem.  On this board everyone is pessimistic, and on that board everyone is delusional.

Just sit back and enjoy the game.  The Bills will be fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I think we've discovered the problem.  On this board everyone is pessimistic, and on that board everyone is delusional.

But what about those of us who are pessimistic AND delusional!

...because I think that's most of the GDTs

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

oddly enough i just checked on finheaven, and they don't seem confident at all.  there's certainly a group that thinks they'll win which is all know is expected on a team's message board, but i don't think their fans seem confident at all.

39 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I had lots of reasons to think the Chargers could compete with us. 

The new coach bump is real as the players wanna show they werent the reason for failure. 

Going west. 

they had extra rest which also probably multiplied the new coach bump. 

they had just gotten blown out and wanted to show better.  

All that said we probably win comfortably if we dont lose TO battle 3-0 where they got 16 points.  Of those 4 reasons above only the last one carries to this game.  I think Miami will be competitive because they have better players, but I don't see this going the way the chargers game did.  

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, eball said:

The pessimistic outlook about this team and coaching staff has been off the rails for at least half the season.  We’re one win away from the #2 seed and you still have people saying we need to fire the coach and blow it all up.   And even more thinking it’s unlikely we can compete with the juggernaut Dolphins!   

It’s beyond pessimism. It’s a delusional reality that so many people live in.  What really sucks is if the Bills win, they’ll all be silent and secretly harbor resentment towards the team for proving them wrong.  If they lose…Sunday or anytime before or at the SuperBowl…they’ll all be back telling us how right they were.  How they knew it all along.  

Preconceived narratives based on pundits whose job is to say something to get clicks is a B word to get past. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, teef said:

oddly enough i just checked on finheaven, and they don't seem confident at all.  there's certainly a group that thinks they'll win which is all know is expected on a team's message board, but i don't think their fans seem confident at all.

Ek4BAT1UYAAK9Cf.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Looks like Waddle didn't practice today.

Miami Dolphins Practice Report

Waddle was one of five Dolphins not spotted Thursday. The others were WR Tyreek Hill (personal), RB Raheem Mostert (ankle), LB Bradley Chubb (knee), and CB Xavien Howard (foot).

OT Terron Armstead (knee/back/ankle) and DT Zach Sieler (illness) were back in uniform and practicing Thursday after sitting out Wednesday.

Without Hill and Waddle, the Dolphins’ receiving core was lean: Braxton Berrios, Robbie Chosen, Cedrick Wilson Jr., Chase Claypool, and River Cracraft on the active roster; Anthony Schwartz, Braylon Sanders, and Freddie Swain on the practice squad.

Waddle suffered a high-ankle sprain in the Cowboys game and was unable to play against the Ravens. The Dolphins were hopeful he could practice in some capacity Thursday, but if he did, it was after the media dispersed.

Even if Waddle does play against the Bills, he won’t be 100%. That prompted us to ask Dolphins offensive Frank Smith Thursday if 80% of Waddle is better than 100% of a backup.

The AirSense 11: On Sale Now

Ad

The Easy Blog by EasyBreathe.com

“I mean, it’s hard to put the exact percentages on performance and st

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I know I was joking a bit ago, but I am really annoyed by the Dolphins this year...or rather, I am annoyed at the amount of praise laid at their feet.

I think that while they are good, a lot of McDaniel's genius can be attributed to having an All Pro WR in Hill and a #2 in waddle that could be a starter on a lot of other teams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know I was joking a bit ago, but I am really annoyed by the Dolphins this year...or rather, I am annoyed at the amount of praise laid at their feet.

I think that while they are good, a lot of McDaniel's genius can be attributed to having an All Pro WR in Hill and a #2 in waddle that could be a starter on a lot of other teams. 

We really need to follow their blueprint and get some more speed at wideout.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Murdox said:

I don't think we will build exactly like them, but Josh has looked good using some motion.

There is a difference between using motion as part of a complexity addiction (as I see the Dolphins), and using it to diagnose coverage and create a mismatch.

13 minutes ago, Murdox said:

There is speed and then there is Tyreek Hill.  Those guys don't grow on trees.  But I agree with trying to go in that direction.  Our WRs are not getting it done.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s crazy how different this season has felt for both teams. People can’t praise the Dolphins enough and almost everything about our season has been frustrating. You’d think the dolphins won the division by 5 games. It’s amazing that despite the polar opposite feelings and narratives….the division is still there for the taking.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Waddle was one of five Dolphins not spotted Thursday. The others were WR Tyreek Hill (personal), RB Raheem Mostert (ankle), LB Bradley Chubb (knee), and CB Xavien Howard (foot).

Even if Waddle does play against the Bills, he won’t be 100%. That prompted us to ask Dolphins offensive Frank Smith Thursday if 80% of Waddle is better than 100% of a backup.

I try to keep a "don't root for injuries" mentality, but Waddle and Mostert being out would be huge.

I expect Hill to play (and be effective) but with his injury and personal stuff I can't imagine that we are seeing 100%

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/4/2024 at 3:00 PM, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I try to keep a "don't root for injuries" mentality, but Waddle and Mostert being out would be huge.

I expect Hill to play (and be effective) but with his injury and personal stuff I can't imagine that we are seeing 100%

I think there's a clear moral difference between rooting for a player to *get* injured, vs. rooting for an already-injured player to sit out.  In the latter, you're really just rooting for the player's long term health - you don't want to see him re-injure it because he came back too soon, right?

I usually don't bother rooting for X player to sit out regardless, because I like to root for the best case scenario where they're fully healthy and we beat them anyway.  With that said, Waddle has been pretty successful against us, and I won't be sad if he misses the game.  Mostert's good too, but I don't see much difference between him and Achane.  Whether it's a 1-2 punch or all Achane, either way the D has a tough task ahead of them.

Edited by Cash
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

i am sick of steven A smifffff's loud mouth

46 minutes ago, Gregg said:

OT Terron Armstead (knee/back/ankle) and DT Zach Sieler (illness) were back in uniform and practicing Thursday after sitting out Wednesday.

Without Hill and Waddle, the Dolphins’ receiving core was lean: Braxton Berrios, Robbie Chosen, Cedrick Wilson Jr., Chase Claypool, and River Cracraft on the active roster; Anthony Schwartz, Braylon Sanders, and Freddie Swain on the practice squad.

Waddle suffered a high-ankle sprain in the Cowboys game and was unable to play against the Ravens. The Dolphins were hopeful he could practice in some capacity Thursday, but if he did, it was after the media dispersed.

The AirSense 11: On Sale Now

Ad

The Easy Blog by EasyBreathe.com

“I mean, it’s hard to put the exact percentages on performance and st

hill was also seen in a boot yesterday.

36 minutes ago, eball said:

We are to the Fish what the Pats*** were to us during the Brady era...we're definitely in their heads and we have the QB to back it up.

Josh Allen owns the Dolphins.  It's crazy how good he's been against them, and how consistently.  But that doesn't guarantee anything Sunday night, obviously.

I think if the Bills play a good game by their standards, they'll win.  I also think the Dolphins will come to play, and won't make it easy.  (Would be great to be wrong about that last part.)

I wouldn't be concerned about this game too much if not for our dominance over the Dolphins in recent years.

That team is desperate not just for the 2 seed - but to change the narrative.  We've been there w/ the Pats.  We were futile against the Pats and unable to do anything about it, but that's more because of how bad our team was for years.

Miami isn't a bad team. They can beat us, and will have that extra motivation.

Still feel pretty confident, though.  They are pretty depleted right now.  Allen is better than Tua, and the Bills defense is better than MIami's.  Homefield isn't as much of an advantage for them in January, and the crowd will be 50/50 anyway.

5 minutes ago, bills742 said:

Holy moly, I would have never expected to see an injury report like that this late in the season...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.