Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

Murray should have seen his last meaningful snaps for sure after this past weekend.  No reason not to replace his snaps with Fournette going forward; Lenny has been there long enough to know the playbook and would be an upgrade.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TPS said:

Douglas turns 30 at the start of the 2024 season, so I don't know if it's wise to extend him beyond that?  It doesn't look as if they're giving up on Elam either. 

Douglas is playing at a high level at CB.  I had seen some talk on the GB board that they thought with his size and tackling ability, he might spend the last couple of years of his career at FS.

9 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I think the defense is going to go off against Miami and the pass rush is going to make life miserable for Tua. And I also believe the offense is way overdue for a dominate performance. This game is just itching to be a blow out win. Not to get over confident, but it just feels like like we're due.

I like our chances but not not as confident.  Road games have been tough going this season.  Miami's injuries and the fact that they have clinched already give us a bit of an advantage.  

21 minutes ago, TPS said:

Douglas turns 30 at the start of the 2024 season, so I don't know if it's wise to extend him beyond that?  It doesn't look as if they're giving up on Elam either. 

For the 2024 roster at CB, they currently have White, Douglas, Elam, Benford, and Taron J.  They'll probably ink Ingrahm and Brown from the current PS as well. I don't know if there will be much of a market for Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis, so both could also be back.  White is certainly the big question mark for them, but if Elam finally gets it together, they will be in decent shape at the position.

Yeah thats a great point and i wouldnt support an extension more than 2 years.  Also I wouldnt gurantee any salary after 2024 (though would probably have a signing bonus that spreads across the remaining years).  that can hopefully give us some cap flexibility which we need. 

Agree with Ingram and Brown being on the team next year (futures contract i think).  Agree Dane is interesting.  We are loaded and CB is always a need so I think Dane finds a home.  Cam is a safety at this point and has completed his conversion from CB.  I think we are in good to great shape at CB no matter what Elam does as we currently have an above average top pair, Tre as CB3, and Elam being CB4 under contract next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 things for next year

1.They need a new strength and condition coach. In my 40 years of watching football, I have never seen a team lose so many top front line players in one season like I saw with the team this year.

2. McD must get an Defensive Coordinator to call the plays he designed at the right time and in the right situations.

3. McD needs to have an older assistant coach on the sidelines with him to serve as a calming voice. Because I am convinced that sometimes he is just not thinking straight in game situations. All that being said, next season (meaning 2024) should be make or break for him

What does everyone think?

Actually this was off the Miami message board and I just shorted McDanials to McD and changed the one word of offensive to defensive coordinator.  Is kind of funny reading other teams board as you'd think from reading posts here, we're the only team in trouble like this.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Cowherd has the Bills #3 in his hierarchy.  Loves the Oline and how they are not totally dependent on Allen in weeks.  Says they have the look of an AFC Championship game team...but not sure they win it.  

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Cowherd has the Bills #3 in his hierarchy.  Loves the Oline and how they are not totally dependent on Allen in weeks.  Says they have the look of an AFC Championship game team...but not sure they win it.  

He always said are oline sucked and McDermott being a defensive coach he would never be able to get it right 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Assuming the Bills get in then it would be nice if someone (Browns) can beat the Ravens, so the Bills have homefield throughout.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Some folks have discussed limiting Scherfield and Harty snaps, but I would potentially look to pull Murray for Fournette this week. 

I think Murray is pretty much done. 

Murray started strong but really fizzled out. His 300 yards and 4 TDs w 3.8 YPC is a bit short of what I had hoped for. 

He was a huge goat last week w a terrible drop and lackluster short yardage snaps. I'd look for someone new and fresh here. 

McDs weakness to not give up on veterans drags this team down at times. 

Edited by BananaB

12 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

3 things for next year

1.They need a new strength and condition coach. In my 40 years of watching football, I have never seen a team lose so many top front line players in one season like I saw with the team this year.

2. McD must get an Defensive Coordinator to call the plays he designed at the right time and in the right situations.

3. McD needs to have an older assistant coach on the sidelines with him to serve as a calming voice. Because I am convinced that sometimes he is just not thinking straight in game situations. All that being said, next season (meaning 2024) should be make or break for him

Actually this was off the Miami message board and I just shorted McDanials to McD and changed the one word of offensive to defensive coordinator.  Is kind of funny reading other teams board as you'd think from reading posts here, we're the only team in trouble like this.

4) Replace Smiley as Special Teams coach.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Some folks have discussed limiting Scherfield and Harty snaps, but I would potentially look to pull Murray for Fournette this week. 

I think Murray is pretty much done. 

Murray started strong but really fizzled out. His 300 yards and 4 TDs w 3.8 YPC is a bit short of what I had hoped for. 

He was a huge goat last week w a terrible drop and lackluster short yardage snaps. I'd look for someone new and fresh here. 

I just don’t see the team activating a rookie for the playoffs that hasn’t played all year. But in all seriousness,  would anyone even notice if Sherfeild and Harry were not in the game?  Both of them have offered zero to the offense. 

If Von was benched, so should they be. 

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Anyone have a line of the weather forecast? I know we are a ways out.

50% chance of scattered  showers , about 70 degrees at game time.

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

This is more offseason talk than anything, but White has quite possibly played his last game as a Bill. He was a great player for sure, but expecting  he will be able to return to form after an Achilles injury is wishful thinking. Probably a February release when his roster bonus is due. 

I dont expect him to return to form after that, but he was to form this season before injury.

After the Ravens game Sunday, Tua mentioned twice in his presser how he knows better and should have checked it down to the wide open guys.  He was lamenting that he forced the ball downfield when he didn't need to.  

The Bills need to be aware of his mindset coming into this.  I think Miami will look to ball control it and it's hard to stuff all those fast guys if they want to play the check down game.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

3 things for next year

1) OL has been super healthy this year and Josh has the longest active starting streak for a QB over Mahomes by a lot.  Combined with our recent history of not getting hurt (2017-2021) I think our luck just caught up with us the past two years.  Maybe the criticism is the way they handled the London game, but that doesnt seem like a reason for firing if we have done well in the normal situations.

2) Why?  like i would want him to get one but are you saying hes not calling the plays at the right time and situations?  I think he is as we lately keep stiffening up when teams get in FG range.  

3) Maybe.  Hes not mistake free but also has some good decisions even lately.  Wish he was getting more flowers for calling TO on 3rd and 1 with 2:41 to go when we were in shotgun.  Coming out of TO did buffalo shove for a first down.

I 100% disagree next season is a make or break season for him.  We just set a franchise record for 5 seasons with 10 wins in a row. 

You totally lost me when you just said you copied it from Miami board.  Start a new thread for this stuff and get it out of the game day thread please.  

14 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Woah

Just looking at the teams in the playoffs for the AFC I think the Browns are the only ones who could beat the Ravens in Baltimore. The Bills could if they bring their "A" game but that's it. I don't see another team in the AFC who could go there and beat them and that includes the Chiefs. It just doesn't seem like it will be their year this season.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

3 things for next year

Right...because a new training and conditioning staff would stop someone rolling their leg in the turf and eliminate ACLs and Achilles tears

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Gary Marangi said:

He always said are oline sucked and McDermott being a defensive coach he would never be able to get it right 

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. They flipped flopped OL until it eventually clicked.

Credit Beane very deliberate Cy. McClapper or Dorsey did bring Kromer in 18 months ago--Some credit.

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Just looking at the teams in the playoffs for the AFC I think the Browns are the only ones who could beat the Ravens in Baltimore. The Bills could if they bring their "A" game but that's it. I don't see another team in the AFC who could go there and beat them and that includes the Chiefs. It just doesn't seem like it will be their year this season.

The Rams just took them to OT travelling across the country to do so.

Who knows, if the refs called the obvious block in the back they just may have.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Right...because a new training and conditioning staff would stop someone rolling their leg in the turf and eliminate ACLs and Achilles tears

Agree. The training staff won't fix this. People act like this is some kind of JV team that is out of cardio shape. Surface, weather, style of play. There's a reason NFL teams practice on natural.

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

e Bills could if they bring their "A" game but that's it.

Bills can beat Ravens. Just have to play a few consistent games. Bills have higher peak and valleys vs. Ravens. So, any given Sunday on that one. Hope we get the chance to see.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ohhh something is in the works here. Let's hope they put their money on the Ravens.

If the Steelers win it’s brings more viewers for Sunday night. Expect the Steelers to win

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

3 things for next year

Actually, I don’t think any of these apply to the Bills.

1. Injuries haven’t been bad compared with other teams (like Miami).

2. Getting a DC is a possibility, but it’s McDermott’s play calling that I would miss. He is calling the defense much more aggressively than Frazier did and I think it’s really starting to come together with Douglas at CB. They’re getting a lot of pressure, sacks, and turnovers but still not giving up many big plays. That’s a good combination.

3. They have a lot of experience on the coaching staff.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I'll be surprised if the Ravens win a single playoff game. We have seen this movie before.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Gregg said:

With Flacco at home, maybe; there, I don’t think so. I think the Bills are the only team that could give them a run in their building. 

31 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

14 minutes ago, vincec said:

Actually, I don’t think any of these apply to the Bills.

1. Injuries haven’t been bad compared with other teams (like Miami).

2. Getting a DC is a possibility, but it’s McDermott’s play calling that I would miss. He is calling the defense much more aggressively than Frazier did and I think it’s really starting to come together with Douglas at CB. They’re getting a lot of pressure, sacks, and turnovers but still not giving up many big plays. That’s a good combination.

3. They have a lot of experience on the coaching staff.

39 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

1) OL has been super healthy this year and Josh has the longest active starting streak for a QB over Mahomes by a lot.  Combined with our recent history of not getting hurt (2017-2021) I think our luck just caught up with us the past two years.  Maybe the criticism is the way they handled the London game, but that doesnt seem like a reason for firing if we have done well in the normal situations.

2) Why?  like i would want him to get one but are you saying hes not calling the plays at the right time and situations?  I think he is as we lately keep stiffening up when teams get in FG range.  

3) Maybe.  Hes not mistake free but also has some good decisions even lately.  Wish he was getting more flowers for calling TO on 3rd and 1 with 2:41 to go when we were in shotgun.  Coming out of TO did buffalo shove for a first down.

I 100% disagree next season is a make or break season for him.  We just set a franchise record for 5 seasons with 10 wins in a row. 

You totally lost me when you just said you copied it from Miami board.  Start a new thread for this stuff and get it out of the game day thread please.  

My point in posting this was it just sounds like something folks here would post, maybe not the identical same things, but the basic concept of the "sky is falling" like many posts here are all about.  As good as Miami has looked for most of the year, their posters are sill just as worried as around here.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Browns/Ravens game is going to be a bloodbath. Hopefully Bills are fortunate enough to play the winner of that game for the AFC Chip. Love ❤️ our chances either in Charm City or OP 🦬

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TPS said:

With Flacco at home, maybe; there, I don’t think so. I think the Bills are the only team that could give them a run in their building. 

The Browns defense is really good. It's a rivalry game. That entire division hates one another. Games like that are usually close. I think only the Browns or Bills could go there and get a win. I hope the Bills don't have to go there so that leaves the Browns. Of course, this is assuming they win Sunday night at Miami.

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Browns defense is really good. It's a rivalry game. That entire division hates one another. Games like that are usually close. I think only the Browns or Bills could go there and get a win. I hope the Bills don't have to go there so that leaves the Browns. Of course, this is assuming they win Sunday night at Miami.

No disagreement regarding their D. I just don’t think an old Flacco could go in and get it done. 

• Like (+1) 2

As the NFL saying goes, it's not necessarily who you play but rather, when you play them.  For example we would have beaten Cinci and Denver had we played them in the first month of the season, but we played them when they were rolling and healthy.  Had Dallas played the Bills in October they would not have gotten blown out like they did.  We were struggling.

Miami is hurting and stumbling a bit now.  They are still dangerous of course but I think this is as good a time to play Phins as you can have.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ohhh something is in the works here. Let's hope they put their money on the Ravens.

Pathetic that there is no recourse for bad refs.  They just continue to do whatever they want.

Wonder if Miami picks him up with how dinged up Mostert and Achane keep getting

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffBills51 said:

I’m interested to see the practice reports the next two days on Waddle. He is a huge part of their offense and makes it hard for teams to just focus on Hill. 

Even if he plays imagine he is going to be limited. Ankle injuries are tough so will see how effective he is if he suits up. Tyreek is also playing hurt as well with his own ankle issues. Dolphins are ripe for the picking. Offense needs to start hot and jump on them early. Make them one dimensional and allow the defense to go after Tua. Biggest concern for me is seeing how the Bills offense performs. Think the defense will do enough to keep them in the game and not lose it.

1 hour ago, BuffBills51 said:

I’m interested to see the practice reports the next two days on Waddle. He is a huge part of their offense and makes it hard for teams to just focus on Hill. 

a couple of hours ago, i had sirius nfl on. of course i caught the tail end of it, but said someone was out besides chubb.  the cb?

1 minute ago, teef said:

a couple of hours ago, i had sirius nfl on. of course i caught the tail end of it, but said someone was out besides chubb.  the cb?

Howard

Waddle missed last game is also likely out

Mostert missed last game will likely play

Tua left 4th quarter of a blowout with an injury but will probably play.

They are also down starting center, a guard (i think), DE phillips.  And know that it enters my head Armstead is probably banged up too

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Howard

Waddle missed last game is also likely out

Mostert missed last game will likely play

Tua left 4th quarter of a blowout with an injury but will probably play.

They are also down starting center, a guard (i think), DE phillips.  And know that it enters my head Armstead is probably banged up too

When is Armstead NOT banged up?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.