Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

Playing after dark in MIami in early January also mitigates one of the great home field advantages Miami has.  Both sidelines will be the same temperature.

the daytime temperature in January in Miami is not a factor. It is a “great home field advantage” much earlier in the season. This is the second erroneous post I’ve seen on this topic.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’d have to think a good 15,000 Bills fans at minimum. who knows how many more? So many transplants live in SoFla and many more down for the winter months.

This game will have a weird vibe with all the red, white and blue in the crowd. And also, because Miami knows they will be playing the following weekend. Whereas McD and the Bills understands this is likely the end if they lose (they’ll know going in). It’s one thing to say Buffalo has been in “playoff games” for that past month. But really, they knew another game was upcoming.  The desperation of knowing it’s over i think will show through, against a team ready to play a guaranteed game next weekend.

I hope you’re right, man.  I’m gonna be there with a few buddies, we will definitely be going crazy!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

the daytime temperature in January in Miami is not a factor. It is a “great home field advantage” much earlier in the season. This is the second erroneous post I’ve seen on this topic.

If it’s 75 degrees there for an afternoon game, the away sideline could be 90. For a team that has played most of it’s games in 35-60 degrees this season…..

I’m glad it’s at night

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Dolphin fans have a forum thread begging fans not to sell their tickets and trying to coordinate sales to other dolphin fans.

With the traffic on that board they should be able to influence…. Maybe 2 people 

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Don't disagree with the early season tempertures version the late season temperatures, ie 95 vs 75.  But...

I believe one team sweating in direct sunlight even at 75 degrees, while wearing dark uniforms to soak up extra heat is still an advantage for the home team.  And we all know the field temperatures are always more than the ambient.  Add to that the humidity for teams not used to practicing in it still gives Miami an advantage, even at night.  So the night game at least takes the direct sunlight off the Bills and their dark uniforms.

Edited by wjag

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

Don't disagree with the early season tempertures version the late season temperatures, ie 95 vs 75.  But...

I believe one team sweating in direct sunlight even at 75 degrees, while wearing dark uniforms to soak up extra heat is still an advantage for the home team.  And we all know the field temperatures are always more than the ambient.  Add to that the humidity for teams not used to practicing in it still gives Miami and advantage, even at night.  So the night game at least takes the direct sunlight off the Bills and their dark uniforms.

It is (relatively) cool and dry here now in south Florida. Humidity this time of year is non-existent. High of 71 today. Absolutely perfect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Eh, it’s a difference for sure. In direct sunlight and 75 is different than 75 and shade. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

11 minutes ago, wjag said:

I believe one team sweating in direct sunlight even at 75 degrees, while wearing dark uniforms to soak up extra heat is still an advantage for the home team.  And we all know the field temperatures are always more than the ambient.  Add to that the humidity for teams not used to practicing in it still gives Miami an advantage, even at night.  So the night game at least takes the direct sunlight off the Bills and their dark uniforms.

I hear red is better at reflecting sunlight than blue… we should wear our Color Rush jerseys ;)

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Isabella has not been given an opportunity to show what he can do.

Harty has. I think we can do better than Harty, and Isabella could fill that role.

It's one of those things you don't really want to play with at this point of the season.  One bad fumble back there can be the difference between a win and advancement and sitting on the couch.  Harty, even though he has been a poor returner, has had solid punt catching ability despite his fumble against the Chargers.  Even though he has been poor at returning, his YPR is still close to avg at 9.1.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Good thing you’re here to clean it up. 😂

30 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

It also depends on what you're used to.  If you're coming from a cold climate and you've acclimated to temps in the 30's, 75 in he sun can seem pretty damn hot.  Sure it's not at bad as September but it could wear players down.   The key as other posters have pointed out is getting the game out of the sun.

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Eh, it’s a difference for sure. In direct sunlight and 75 is different than 75 and shade. If you don’t know that, I have to question if you live in Sarasota. 

i’m not disputing direct vs indirect sunlight can be a factor even at 75. However, it’s not a huge competitive advantage in January as it is in September. That’s the only point I was trying to make.

And I do live in Sarasota, used to live in ATL for many years, thanks though.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It also depends on what you're used to.  If you're coming from a cold climate and you've acclimated to temps in the 30's, 75 in he sun can seem pretty damn hot.  Sure it's not at bad as September but it could wear players down.   The key as other posters have pointed out is getting the game out of the sun.

agreed

• Like (+1) 1

Very concerned about this matchup, even more so than the Patriots since it's a road game and the Dolphins are going to be motivated to not only bounce back from an embarrassing outing in Baltimore, but end the Bills season if that's on the table pending the results of the earlier games on Sat/Sun.

If the same team we've seen against the Chargers and Patriots shows up Miami will win and likely win big.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Very concerned about this matchup, even more so than the Patriots since it's a road game and the Dolphins are going to be motivated to not only bounce back from an embarrassing outing in Baltimore, but end the Bills season if that's on the table pending the results of the earlier games on Sat/Sun.

If the same team we've seen against the Chargers and Patriots shows up Miami will win and likely win big.

fortunately, the Bills seem to relish playing against quality teams. Miami is also really hurting across the roster. Even players like Ramsey and Hill are playing injured

Even if Miami wants to "get up" for this game, they can't. They have mounting injuries and have shown they can't finish a season strong, anyway. Even if they were fully healthy. Miami is weak and Josh is their daddy. ***** the Fish.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

fortunately, the Bills seem to relish playing against quality teams. Miami is also really hurting across the roster. Even players like Ramsey and Hill are playing injured

Hope so, but we all know nothing is ever easy with this team and if they let Miami get confidence and momentum early (i.e. take a 10+ point lead) then I think the Bills lose.

But if this team is truly the contender they fancy themselves they will come out and dash Miami's hopes early and force Tua and that offense to play from behind like the first meeting.

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I agree the whole key to this game is Davis/Kincaid/Diggs along with Allen need to get the passing game going earlier. We cannot wait until we fall behind because the Dolphins are not the Chargers or Pats

This is a game we will see if McDermott can get his team up for the moment

I think I would bring up Isabella for this game and drop either Harty or Sherfield who are just wasted roster spots

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I agree the whole key to this game is Davis/Kincaid/Diggs along with Allen need to get the passing game going earlier. We cannot wait until we fall behind because the Dolphins are not the Chargers or Pats

This is a game we will see if McDermott can get his team up for the moment

I think I would bring up Isabella for this game and drop either Harty or Sherfield who are just wasted roster spots

I'll say this about McD and Allen, I do not envy their situations and the pressure they will be facing if this does in fact end up being a 'win and in' game for the #2 seed/division or lose and miss the playoffs altogether scenario.

Forget about wide right, music city miracle, 13 seconds, etc....this would be the new show stopper in Buffalo sports history for the season to end in that fashion especially against a hated division rival.

With that said, there's zero excuse for this offense to not be ready and/or struggle against Miami's defense considering their current situation but this team never fails to find new lows to sink too unfortunately...

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

The Bills’ entire focus at practice this week should be to come out with urgency and execution when they start the game with the ball at Miami. They cannot afford to come out flat against a weakened opponent.

it is important to attack them immediately and break their spirit. Like we did to Dallas almost the entire game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

How would you have felt if they had all their players like they did week 4 when we boat raced them in OP. I’ll take my chances with 7 or 8 of their starters out with injuries 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'll say this about McD and Allen, I do not envy their situations and the pressure they will be facing if this does in fact end up being a 'win and in' game for the #2 seed/division or lose and miss the playoffs altogether scenario.

Forget about wide right, music city miracle, 13 seconds, etc....this would be the new show stopper in Buffalo sports history for the season to end in that fashion especially against a hated division rival.

With that said, there's zero excuse for this offense to not be ready and/or struggle against Miami's defense considering their current situation but this team never fails to find new lows to sink too unfortunately...

man, the New Year just started. It’s time this franchise and the fans put years of misery behind us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

The Bills’ entire focus at practice this week should be to come out with urgency and execution when they start the game with the ball at Miami. They cannot afford to come out flat against a weakened opponent.

I agree with the sentiment, but they've afforded it the last two weeks...

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

man, the New Year just started. It’s time this franchise and the fans put years of misery behind us.

He's a well known Miami fan, not a Bills fan. People really need to put him on ignore.

I know he got banged up on his last play, but Allen needs to run in this game and he needs to do it early.  When I have seen Allen at his best is when he gets involved in the running game right away.  He takes a hit or 2 and he's off to the races, especially if he hits a bigger run one right away.  It's like it gives him that swagger that he knows he's just better than everyone out on the field and he just lets it all loose. 

So yeah, I want the Bills to come out swinging.....Allen runs and a little bit of tempo.  Sometimes I think this team gets into a lull because the game slows down too much for them.  Pick up the pace and I think you will see a better offense.  For whatever reason, they don't do it much at all.  I don't think it is any coincidence that when they are trying to score before a half, or they are down late trying to take a lead with a couple minutes to go that that is when you see this offense click.  It makes them play with urgency and focus on the details.  But, I am sure they probably won;t do either of these things I mentioned and will go on their inevitable three and out.  Man, I miss the days we got the ball and scored on our first drive most every time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Josh obviously has not played well for a couple games. He just needs a quick start and some easy play action throws to get his rhythm going. Please no bubble or half bubble screens as the Bills are next level bad at these. And he needs to take the short stuff when given. I suspect he will bounce back. And well, he needs to as I don’t think the Bills win without him.. as good as D has been. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

It's one of those things you don't really want to play with at this point of the season.  One bad fumble back there can be the difference between a win and advancement and sitting on the couch.  Harty, even though he has been a poor returner, has had solid punt catching ability despite his fumble against the Chargers.  Even though he has been poor at returning, his YPR is still close to avg at 9.1.

As I mentioned before, I want to see Isabella get a shot on offense, not on Special Teams.

I've seen what Harty has done on offense, and that's not good enough.

On 12/31/2023 at 1:17 PM, Billznut said:

2 seed is within our grasp. Unfathomable just a month ago. HUGE difference between being the 2 seed or being the 6 or 7 seed. Or even being out. 

Win and we are the 2 seed. It’s a beautiful thing. 

Having control of our playoff destiny in the final game of the season is all you can ask for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Josh obviously has not played well for a couple games. He just needs a quick start and some easy play action throws to get his rhythm going. Please no bubble or half bubble screens as the Bills are next level bad at these. And he needs to take the short stuff when given. I suspect he will bounce back. And well, he needs to as I don’t think the Bills win without him.. as good as D has been. 

Agree. Those bubble screens are definitely not Josh’s strong suit. He has been wildly inaccurate on a ton of those this year throwing numerous passes into the dirt 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Eli Crapple …

Had a big mouth last year after the Playoff loss…

A reminder to all here of the smack he was talking then.  I’ve got a feeling Diggs gonna drop another 3 TDs on them this week, been playing possum the past several weeks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-eli-apple-says-no-ill-intent-toward-damar-hamlin-in-tweet-that-trolls-stefon-diggs-after-bills-loss/amp/

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Let me get this right: you're saying that the Finns will be more motivated to bounce back from an epic beat down and to deny the Bills a spot in the playoffs then by actually winning the division?  Are you serious?

And if the same Dolphin team that showed up against he Ravens shows up in Miami Sunday night then the Bills are likely to win and win big.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’ll try not to sweat it too much 😳  It’s basically a playoff game on SNF.  Last game of the regular season in the entire league.  If the Bills can’t beat Miami in this scenario they probably would’ve fizzled anyway.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Agree. Those bubble screens are definitely not Josh’s strong suit. He has been wildly inaccurate on a ton of those this year throwing numerous passes into the dirt 

"Widely inaccurate" and "throwing numerous passes into the dirt"?  I call BS on that observation.  In fact the only throws into the turf that I can recall were deliberately put there by Allen to avoid getting the WR blown up and losing 5 yards on the completion.

I am forever thankful that 2BD offers that wonderful vomit emoji to confer on crap like the above post.  Tell me again why you put your thoughts on 2BD?  Is it really that big of a turn on to troll other fan bases?

16 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’ll try not to sweat it too much 😳  It’s basically a playoff game on SNF.  Last game of the regular season in the entire league.  If the Bills can’t beat Miami in this scenario they probably would’ve fizzled anyway.

Pretty much.  A road playoff game against a theoretical “2” seed.  If we win, we take the 2 seed and are guaranteed at least two home playoffs, so long as we keep winning.  Locations of playoff path to SB are (assuming we win):

MIA (week 18)

BUF

BUF

BAL/BUF (depending if BAL wins their divisional game)

Then onto Vegas baby!

Driving Las Vegas GIF by Legendary Entertainment

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.