Elam Activated

KingBoots8

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Looking at the roster, it would be an OL, DE, or CB. Most likely either Germain Ifedi, Alec Anderson, Kingsley Jonathan, or Cam Lewis. But it's hard to see a number of those players being released. Ifedi maybe?

Cam Lewis has been getting decent playing time. Doubt it will be him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Cam Lewis has been getting decent playing time. Doubt it will be him.

I do too. We have 7 CB's which seems 1-2 too many on aberage. But the bottom of the depth chart in Neal and Lewis are too valuable on Special Teams. And Neal is the only other backup Nickel. So I don't really see either of them being cut. 

We have 10 OL, which is probably on average 1 too many. And Ifedi has been inactive every game and could probably be snuck on the PS at this point. So I think he's the most likely candidate.

I'd have listed Baylon Spector, but we have 5 LB's on the roster and that's kind of the minimum amount you need already.

45 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Looking at the roster, it would be an OL, DE, or CB. Most likely either Germain Ifedi, Alec Anderson, Kingsley Jonathan, or Cam Lewis. But it's hard to see a number of those players being released. Ifedi maybe?

Someone could go to IR, such as Hamlin, Hyde or Ty Johnson.    

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Wont be Cam Lewis ….Damar would go first 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah I meant the trade. I never heard any rumors of it which is why I was asking. 

I’m thinking that even though an offer “may have” been made it was of no interest to Beane in which the organization still wants him on board.  

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I’m thinking that even though an offer “may have” been made it was of no interest to Beane in which the organization still wants him on board.  

I agree. And I dont doubt that one bit. I’m just curious about the trade rumor out there at the deadline. Was the first I heard that rumor. 

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Poona Ford.

I’m thinking it won’t be

He looks really good in this game

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I do too. We have 7 CB's which seems 1-2 too many on aberage. But the bottom of the depth chart in Neal and Lewis are too valuable on Special Teams. And Neal is the only other backup Nickel. So I don't really see either of them being cut. 

We have 10 OL, which is probably on average 1 too many. And Ifedi has been inactive every game and could probably be snuck on the PS at this point. So I think he's the most likely candidate.

I'd have listed Baylon Spector, but we have 5 LB's on the roster and that's kind of the minimum amount you need already.

You also have players that are active every game that can go in right tackle

This is probably a good guess

My guess is that this is it for this week.

Daquan won't play vs Pats and won't be on the roster.

After the game they will decide what to do with Shorter and Jones. There might be injuries which will make things (unfortunately) easy.

If nothing bad happens, my guess is that either Spector or (more likely) Jonathan will be released. Or Ford maybe.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

My guess is that this is it for this week.

Daquan won't play vs Pats and won't be on the roster.

After the game they will decide what to do with Shorter and Jones. There might be injuries which will make things (unfortunately) easy.

If nothing bad happens, my guess is that either Spector or (more likely) Jonathan will be released. Or Ford maybe.

I think Spector would be a candidate.  I'm thinking they'll release someone they can sneak back onto the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

There’s no chance in HELL they release Cam Lewis given his role on defense as the first sub at safety and NCB as well as his role on ST.  

I agree it’s probably down to Anderson, Ifedi, or Jonathan.  They love the potential of Jonathan and are high on Anderson.  I’m guessing maybe Ifedi thought he was the insurance policy all season.  

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Poona Ford

I thought about that, but it would leave the Bills with only 4 DT, one of whom is just coming back from injury since Jordan Phillips is on IR.

They might do that, if they feel Eli Ankou is almost as good as a 1TDT but I think they used him before as more of a 3T?

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

There’s no chance in HELL they release Cam Lewis given his role on defense as the first sub at safety and NCB as well as his role on ST.  

I agree it’s probably down to Anderson, Ifedi, or Jonathan.  They love the potential of Jonathan and are high on Anderson.  I’m guessing maybe Ifedi thought he was the insurance policy all season.  

See, here's the thing: who else they got who can play RT?

I'm thinking Jonathan might go on IR.  There are little hints he's playing through something.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I thought about that, but it would leave the Bills with only 4 DT, one of whom is just coming back from injury since Jordan Phillips is on IR.

They might do that, if they feel Eli Ankou is almost as good as a 1TDT but I think they used him before as more of a 3T?

See, here's the thing: who else they got who can play RT?

I'm thinking Jonathan might go on IR.  There are little hints he's playing through something.

Yeah that’s why I wasn’t sure about Ifedi.  Jonathan to IR would definitely make sense.  

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m thinking it won’t be

He looks really good in this game

You also have players that are active every game that can go in right tackle

This is probably a good guess

Yes, Ryan Van Demark is RT2 and Ryan Bates can play across the line. Both players have been active all season.

And in the event that Ifedi can't be reclaimed to the Practice Squad, we also have Richard Gouraige there.

So yeah, I think Ifedi's the likely choice.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Someone could go to IR, such as Hamlin, Hyde or Ty Johnson.    

Any of those players would need to be replaced on the roster. Johnson for Fournette. Hyde or Hamlin for another Safety like Norwood from the PS - as we'll want to carry more than just 3 true Safeties.

I don't see us carrying just 3 RB's or just 3 Safeties and replacing that open spot with a DT.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Any of those players would need to be replaced on the roster. Johnson for Fournette. Hyde or Hamlin for another Safety like Norwood from the PS - as we'll want to carry more than just 3 true Safeties.

I don't see us carrying just 3 RB's or just 3 Safeties and replacing that open spot with a DT.

Cam Lewis is a safety   There are only 53 spots.  Someone will end up out. 

30 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Fair point on Lewis.

But Johnson wouldn't work. We'd have to find another roster spot for Fournette after his 2nd elevation. No way we'd roll with just Cook and Murray alone at RB.

They’re gonna keep Lenny on the practice squad. Call him up only 1 of the next 2 weeks. Once playoffs start there’s unlimited callups, so we have him if we need him.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Fair point on Lewis.

But Johnson wouldn't work. We'd have to find another roster spot for Fournette after his 2nd elevation. No way we'd roll with just Cook and Murray alone at RB.

They dont need a roster spot for Fournette til the playoffs, he can be elevated two more times.

20 hours ago, mrags said:

I never heard this. Link? 

It was going around at the deadline.

Not confirmed I believe, but it was certainly the prevailing thought on elam getting traded (or not traded)

I also believe they asked Sean about elam at the deadline and he likened it to the Josh Norman situation in Carolina where it took him several years to "get it".

If any of that is true, it does signal that Beane and McD still believe in him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Heavy Kevi said:

It was going around at the deadline.

Not confirmed I believe, but it was certainly the prevailing thought on elam getting traded (or not traded)

I also believe they asked Sean about elam at the deadline and he likened it to the Josh Norman situation in Carolina where it took him several years to "get it".

If any of that is true, it does signal that Beane and McD still believe in him.

They 100% believe in him. He may not play this year but he will be in the rotation next year with Dane Jackson walking in FA. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, mrags said:

I agree. And I dont doubt that one bit. I’m just curious about the trade rumor out there at the deadline. Was the first I heard that rumor. 

I heard no rumblings of a trade either,

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

I heard no rumblings of a trade either,

I don’t doubt they were called about Elam. I just don’t think they were interested at all. Maybe for a 2nd or better. But he was a first round pick just 2 years ago. If they believe he can play they get him for 3 more years on a rookie salary. Considering how cash strapped they will be, I’m sure that came into play. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, FitzShowUsYourTitz said:

It’s a week to week league.  Guys get hurt every week.  They’ll address it next week.  

Most likely this is their plan.  After Sunday they know it's playoff time.  Waiving a guy gets easier too because most of the teams are finished

for the year and increases the odds of getting that guy to the PS.  I don't see this as a big issue.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dopey said:

Even with Epenasa hurting? 

Idk if he’s still hurting. Full practice today with no limitations

edit: apologies- apparently he was limited according to the injury report. I had read a report that he had no limitations prior

Edited by NewEra
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.