Bills @ Chargers post game thread

Fan in Chicago

7 minutes ago, Special K said:

Maybe I am wrong, but did Collinsworth seem less annoying today??

Aside from the ridiculous comment that Tyrell Dodson is the best player on the Bills D,  he didn’t really say anything else that made me roll my eyes....that’s a new record for fewest annoying comments by CC, IMO.

He owns PFF that rates him that way, tuning him out but Dodson has been making plays hyperbole aside.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Special K said:

Aside from the ridiculous comment that Tyrell Dodson is the best player on the Bills D,  he didn’t really say anything else that made me roll my eyes....that’s a new record for fewest annoying comments by CC, IMO.

NO......

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Morse’s hold was borderline.  Brown’s leg whip was egregious and the direct result of a complete whiff on the block.

Brown's kind of penalties are annoying as *****, yeah you got beat it's Josh he'll fix it himself a lot of the time so don't make it worse. 

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Special K said:

He called backup QB fat players. That has to be the worst ever.....

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I just got home from watching the game live at SoFi. A few observations from the stands:

• Not a good showing for offense or defense, IMO. They both allowed a crappy Chargers team to stay in the game.
  • What's up with Diggs? Has it been a few weeks now that he just seems off? 
  • Gabe Davis looked like the best player on the field tonight.
  • Last week I was impressed with how well Joe Brady play-called. He found things that worked, and stuck with them. In this game, he found things that didn't work, and stuck with them anyway. That frikkin' jumbo package with Edwards in as a sixth OL-- always announced as an eligible receiver-- hand-off to the RB in whichever direction Edwards was taking up space for around two yards. It was infuriating. By the middle of the second quarter, I said to my 13yo, "they gotta stop running that play..." And they never did. Every time we'd hear the ref say over his mic, "number 76 has reported as an eligible receiver," my son, and I would look at each other in exasperation.
  • Having both Phillips, and Epenesa out was huge. Daquan Jones can't come back soon enough.
  • One thing that was pretty incredible, that I was not expecting: Bills fans literally outnumbered the Chargers fans, and were literally twice as loud. The players must have noticed this.

I was at the game too.  It almost felt like a home game.  Bills fans everywhere.   Really impressive. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

He called backup QB fat players. That has to be the worst ever.....

I mean, did you ever see Jared Lorenzen?

15 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I was at the game too.  It almost felt like a home game.  Bills fans everywhere.   Really impressive. 

Every Chargers "home game" is actually a road game for them.

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean, did you ever see Jared Lorenzen?

Every Chargers "home game" is actually a road game for them.

It's some weird phenomenon the Chargers end up playing at the Rams stadium and the Rams end up at the Chargers. They just can't seem to find their home field.

16 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Chargers have always been a difficult team for the Bills to beat.

Going into today the Chargers lead the all-time series 24-11-2, not counting post season games.

Today was the first time they'd beaten them on the road since 1981.

Side note. Anybody know why they played them twice in 1985? That's odd for a non-division opponent.

Edited by That's No Moon

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Side note. Anybody know why they played them twice in 1985? That's odd for a non-division opponent.

It is odd, but not unique. I remember in the early or mid 1990's the Giants and Lions played each other twice during the regular season.

The scheduling system back then was strange.

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Well I'm glad to get that monkey off our back.

The grinch did not steal Christmas!

5 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I care what happens, but nothing that does will change my mind on McD.  He’s just not an NFL caliber HC.

McDermott is 75-41 including the playoffs.  He is second in career victories as head coach to Marv, and he has a higher winning percentage than Marv.

Rank amateur.  Your right.  He doesn't belong in the NFL.

I am sure you will diminish his record.  But his record shows that he is a legitimate NFL head coach.

What makes you think if We hire a new head coach he will be better?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So yeah it looks like the sun is about to come up and we get to watch a decent slate of Sunday games with a win already in our back pocket. I can’t find the right Al Bundy gif so Peg will have to do. 

married with children GIF by hero0fwar

Edited by BRH
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Anyone know what’s up with Diggs coming off the field so much? It has been happening for weeks now where he takes several plays off in a series. This has never happened before until this season, especially the last 6 games I’d say. Is he injured?

I don’t know. But I agree, something is up with 14. He’s quiet both hands and mouth—which leads me to believe something is physically not right but good enough for decoy-ish

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 2

Still have concerns about the offense which should be the strength of this team. Too inconsistent and disjointed for my liking when throwing the ball. Hopefully, they can get on the same page and get hot at the right time. To me the winning formula for this team is going to be the following. Offense needs to jump on teams early and allow the defense to play from out in front while winning the turnover battle. I think we lose that Chargers game majority of the time with how they played tonight but you take Ws anyway you can get them.

Edited by billieve420

I have no idea what was up with peacock and the radio feed.  For years I have been able to synch the audio and video and yesterday came close at best.   It seemed like after a play the radio guys would be talking while teams in huddle etc yet never saw the huddle on Peacock. MIT was almost like watching a condensed game .  Weird plus video was cruddy when I first launched the app killed it and restarted to get a better picture.   PLEASE NFL about games back in traditional broadcast networks.

Chargers had 9 days to prepare

Bills had 6

Tons of teams play well after their head coach is fired 

Bills traveled 3 timezones on a short week

It's Christmas week on the road

There were lots of things going against the team this week

All wins at this point are good

6 more wins to go 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

McDermott is 75-41 including the playoffs.  He is second in career victories as head coach to Marv, and he has a higher winning percentage than Marv.

Rank amateur.  Your right.  He doesn't belong in the NFL.

I am sure you will diminish his record.  But his record shows that he is a legitimate NFL head coach.

What makes you think if We hire a new head coach he will be better?

Josh Allen!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Had to fly across the country to play a team where each of their players is motivated to show the new coach that they should not be fired. They were ready to play us cause it’s fun to try and beat the best team in the NFL. Everyone relax we got the W. There were some bad turnovers and that’s why it was so close. The sky is not falling.  

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think it’s a lot higher than that with the cincy loss tonight and around 80% if Cleveland beats Houston tomorrow 

10-6 brings more teams into the mix.  We have a decent chance, and could be higher after this week.  It's not a sure thing by any means though.  There is a path where 10-6 could be locked into a slot by the end of next week though.

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

On any NFL weekend, half the coaches lose.  I'm ecstatic our coach was in the upper 50%.  

A good coach wins big sometimes, wins nailbiters other times, and even loses sometimes.  The Bills could have played better but I'm thrilled to be on the winning side of things.  

Calling the head coach names ("McDingus") is silly.  The world is effed up enough.  We don't have to add to it by being disrespectful to each other.  But let me ask, since you said that you don't care what happens the rest of the season.  Are you saying that if McDermott's Bills win the Super Bowl, you still won't be sold on him?  

Look up the definition of dingus, it might surprise you.  

Yes, I’m way off the McDermott band wagon.  The team is constantly unprepared (with the exception of the Cowboys) and make way too many critical mistakes.  This roster is way too talented to just survive the Giants and Chargers and lose to the Patriots, Jets, Jags, and Broncos.  I want the Bills to win a SB, they will not do it with McD as head coach.  

7 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

and the winner for worst take in this thread goes too….

Why’s this a bad take?  I’m open to trying see this team through your eyes.  

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I understand different folks have different viewpoints, but I had a little look and I didn't see you expressing this view last week after the Cowboys game.

Can it be you're a bit of a...Weather Vane?

Relook again

• Vomit 1

57 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Still have concerns about the offense which should be the strength of this team. Too inconsistent and disjointed for my liking when throwing the ball. Hopefully, they can get on the same page and get hot at the right time. To me the winning formula for this team is going to be the following. Offense needs to jump on teams early and allow the defense to play from out in front while winning the turnover battle. I think we lose that Chargers game majority of the time with how they played tonight but you take Ws anyway you can get them.

I mean 3 t.os including 2 in our territory was the killer, especially on road.

Allen had Diggs but just underthrew , Harty can't fumble a punt and Cook coughed it up on a good drive. Without the t.os we win by double digits 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.