This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Lol, said business is clearly alienating sone of it's fan base with its streaming schemes, otherwise what are we talking about, right?  And no matter how sure you are what is in others hearts and heads, its really not the $6 that bothers me personally.   It's rhe hubris of the nfl to think that all of their customers are lemmings willing to cave their most offensive whims.  Sell me your product? Sure, Ill bite.  I own the ticket, I already had Prime.  Make me by someone else's subtler product to watch your product? No thanks.   That's what I think most people that aren't general cheapskates don't like.  Why can't you accept that?

It’s alienating which part of the fan base?  The part that refuses to pay $6?  The part that refuses to acknowledge and accept change?

your reasoning behind feeling this way is ridiculous.  It’s business.  Make more money.  They are.  Success.  Whether you like it or not. Sorry

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

one time I found like $18 CAD in loonies and toonies in the Coinstar machine at the Wegmans on Niagara Falls Boulevard.  It’s only like $4 in USD, but still…

The most I have ever found was a $20 bill on the sidewalk as a child. [Also, a good place to look is under benches on a decline bench or 45-degree leg press at a gym.]

14 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Thanks Simon. Still a work in progress. 

Probably always will be, I'd guess.

As long as you remember how much better life is now, I'm guessing you'll keep winning every day.

Of course I'll probably keep dropping the occasional beer emoji on you because that's the kind of guy I am. :blush:

7 hours ago, chongli said:

The most I have ever found was a $20 bill on the sidewalk as a child. [Also, a good place to look is under benches on a decline bench or 45-degree leg press at a gym.]

I once found a rolled up wad of $20's in the Tennessee mountains in the midst of a thicket of rhododendrons at least 2-3 miles away from the nearest road. :blink:

I took one and left the rest!

• Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’s alienating which part of the fan base?  The part that refuses to pay $6?  The part that refuses to acknowledge and accept change?

your reasoning behind feeling this way is ridiculous.  It’s business.  Make more money.  They are.  Success.  Whether you like 

It's alienating the part that doesn’t want to be inconvenienced anymore that they already have unnecessarily. How does giving this game to Peacock enhance their user experience?

Also, please PM me your Venmo and I'll send you $6 to drop that silly strawman argument. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Probably always will be, I'd guess.

As long as you remember how much better life is now, I'm guessing you'll keep winning every day.

Of course I'll probably keep dropping the occasional beer emoji on you because that's the kind of guy I am. :blush:

I once found a rolled up wad of $20's in the Tennessee mountains in the midst of a thicket of rhododendrons at least 2-3 miles away from the nearest road. :blink:

You left the wad?  Why? 😆 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You left the wad?  Why? 😆 

Because I didn't need it and hoped that eventually somebody might come along who did. 

It probably ended up being found by an investment banker in a $600 fleece pullover. :doh:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Were there bear tracks and a white powdery substance about?

• Haha (+1) 1

For me it is slightly annoying to sign up to Paycock for $6.00 when I will just cancel before the next payment, just so I can watch the game. I'll have some friends over and it will be a cheap Saturday night. 

It will be interesting to see if streaming services make any money after paying the NFL fees  and the admin costs of all the signup/cancellation data flood. 

It is more annoying to me that the NFL does not use the same 75 mile OTA and cable blackout rules "map" they identified when they could not sell out home games.

I am much more concerned that the price of one ticket to GO TO THE GAME starts at about $200 even for a nosebleed seat. 

52 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

It's alienating the part that doesn’t want to be inconvenienced anymore that they already have unnecessarily. How does giving this game to Peacock enhance their user experience?

Also, please PM me your Venmo and I'll send you $6 to drop that silly strawman argument. 

The bolded is just laughable.  “Inconvenienced”.  I signed up and cancelled my account in less time than it takes to go to my mailbox and walk back into the house. If that’s an “inconvenience” to you, you live a very easy life. Grats.   

This decision didn’t have user experience in mind.  It had money in mind……and they made more money than they would’ve had had they not made the deal with Peacock. Not every decision a business makes is based on user experience.  Every decision they make has money in mind.  

I don’t like the fact that I bought a years worth of peacock for $20.  I merely accept it and move on with my life rather than cry about it.  I have accepted that the NFL is focused on making as much money as they can. I don’t like that the nfl plays games in UK, Germany and soon to be Brazil.  I just accept it, because I realize they are a business that’s trying to make more money. That’s what businesses do.  Find new opportunities to make more money.  

sorry that I offended you

7 hours ago, T&C said:

Thanks for the link!

I read the offer here:

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/credit-cards/amex-digital-entertainment-credit/#:~:text=The Amex Digital Entertainment Credit is one of the many,services like Hulu and Peacock.

It says you must have a Platinum card, and the annual fee is $695! [That's not a typo!] Maybe I read it wring, but yikes! 😱

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

The bolded is just laughable.  “Inconvenienced”.  I signed up and cancelled my account in less time than it takes to go to my mailbox and walk back into the house.

I'm sure that you did.

I'm also sure that there are a lot of other folks who aren't adept or experienced with streaming tech who can't do it in 5 minutes, such as rural residents and folks over 50 (both clubs into which I fit comfortably).

I'd imagine a significant portion of the population would have to spend just as much time wrestling with televisions, phones and remotes as they would actually watching the game. Spending hours of your life fighting with unfamiliar technology to watch a single ballgame could fairly be termed "inconvenient" imo.

It hasn't quite reached the point of overkill yet, but it will.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

I'm sure that you did.

I'm also sure that there are a lot of other folks who aren't adept or experienced with streaming tech who can't do it in 5 minutes, such as rural residents and folks over 50 (both clubs into which I fit comfortably).

I'd imagine a significant portion of the population would have to spend just as much time wrestling with televisions, phones and remotes as they would actually watching the game. Spending hours of your life fighting with unfamiliar technology to watch a single ballgame could fairly be termed "inconvenient" imo.

It hasn't quite reached the point of overkill yet, but it will.

Point well taken. 

Not sure if that point was brought up previously, I was just replying to a quote on page 1-2.  I can understand the frustration

i dont agree that it will become overkill.  I think it’ll be more frustrating and it will weed some fans out. Not enough to stop them from making more money than their losing by alienating some

20 hours ago, chongli said:

I found a shiny penny once when I was walking home from school. We were poor so a penny was a lot. I went into a candy store and used it to buy a couple of candy bars. One of them had a golden ticket inside. I went home and showed my grandpa, poor old guy hadn't worked or even got out of bed for 20 years but as soon as the lazy, selfish bastard saw that ticket he jumped out of bed and started dancing around our hovel like Paula Abdul

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

The bolded is just laughable.  “Inconvenienced”.  I signed up and cancelled my account in less time than it takes to go to my mailbox and walk back into the house. If that’s an “inconvenience” to you, you live a very easy life. Grats.   

This decision didn’t have user experience in mind.  It had money in mind……and they made more money than they would’ve had had they not made the deal with Peacock. Not every decision a business makes is based on user experience.  Every decision they make has money in mind.  

I don’t like the fact that I bought a years worth of peacock for $20.  I merely accept it and move on with my life rather than cry about it.  I have accepted that the NFL is focused on making as much money as they can. I don’t like that the nfl plays games in UK, Germany and soon to be Brazil.  I just accept it, because I realize they are a business that’s trying to make more money. That’s what businesses do.  Find new opportunities to make more money.  

sorry that I offended you

How is not liking the fact that you had to subscribe Peacock anything other than you not liking to be Inconvenienced? And then you come on here and cry about people who feel the same way?  Regardless, thanks for the engagement, not sure we have much more to say on the topic.  Merry Christmas and go Bills.

10 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

How is not liking the fact that you had to subscribe Peacock anything other than you not liking to be Inconvenienced? And then you come on here and cry about people who feel the same way?  Regardless, thanks for the engagement, not sure we have much more to say on the topic.  Merry Christmas and go Bills.

I don’t cry about it.  I think to myself- it sucks that I had to pay $20.  Then I accept that this is the model of the times and it’s likely to continue. I would never cry about it on a message board.  But then again, signing up and cancelling only took me 2 minutes.  If that wasn’t the case for you, I can understand the inconvenience.  My mother, who’s 76, wouldn’t even be able to sign up for peacock.  So I can understand why someone who isn’t tech savvy would be frustrated 

Personally, I’ve spent $20 on countless bad meals that I didn’t even enjoy.  I’ll enjoy the game and it’ll last 3 hours.  I’ll then also have access to peacock for a year.  For about the price of a game of bowling or a potentially bad meal.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t cry about it.  I think to myself- it sucks that I had to pay $20.  Then I accept that this is the model of the times and it’s likely to continue. I would never cry about it on a message board.  But then again, signing up and cancelling only took me 2 minutes.  If that wasn’t the case for you, I can understand the inconvenience.  My mother, who’s 76, wouldn’t even be able to sign up for peacock.  So I can understand why someone who aren’t tech savvy would be frustrated 

Personally, I’ve spent $20 on countless bad meals that I didn’t even enjoy.  I’ll enjoy the game and it’ll last 3 hours.  I’ll then also have access to peacock for a year.  For about the price of a game of bowling or a potentially bad meal.  

And you'll get to see the NFL playoff game on there

• Agree 1

The “quit yer whining and do it” crowd is what got self checkout in every store. Remember when the premise was to “keep prices low?” Turns out it was to keep employment low.  Now you’re an untrained temporary employee with zero benefits nor discount at every store. And when there’s a problem, the one lone attendant glares at you like you should have paid more attention to the training videos during orientation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/19/2023 at 7:43 AM, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don’t cry about it.  I think to myself- it sucks that I had to pay $20.  Then I accept that this is the model of the times and it’s likely to continue. I would never cry about it on a message board.  But then again, signing up and cancelling only took me 2 minutes.  If that wasn’t the case for you, I can understand the inconvenience.  My mother, who’s 76, wouldn’t even be able to sign up for peacock.  So I can understand why someone who aren’t tech savvy would be frustrated 

5 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

@teef

I already had peacock.  My only remaining question is will it be blacked out locally here in western New York given the “potential” to have access to the broadcast or is still primarily a streaming game and can’t be blacked?

i have an antenna ready to set up just in case.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@teef

I already had peacock.  My only remaining question is will it be blacked out locally here in western New York given the “potential” to have access to the broadcast or is still primarily a streaming game and can’t be blacked?

How to Watch on TV:

Time: 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST

TV: NBC (WGRZ Buffalo)

Play-by-play: Mike Tirico

Analysis: Cris Collinsworth

Sideline: Melissa Stark

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-at-chargers-peacock-nbc-nfl-how-to-watch-live-stream-listen-week-16

Edited by nucci
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

My mother, who’s 76, wouldn’t even be able to sign up for peacock

As much as regional and national media talk about how important Bills are to their loyal, devoted fan base—pretty annoying to force a floundering niche stream svc upon a 76 yr old. I’d say the $6 isn’t the issue, it’s the setup and hassle factor. 

47 minutes ago, nucci said:

How to Watch on TV:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-at-chargers-peacock-nbc-nfl-how-to-watch-live-stream-listen-week-16

Nuch, thank you my friend. I apologize for being thick, but it is still a little unclear whether living in Buffalo I can just watch it on peacock.  It seems like it may be blacked out, like the Sunday ticket does, or used to do.  I really don’t want to watch it off the antenna and would prefer peacock.  

I’m looking for them to be definitive.  Along the lines of “we know there is BS going on between satellite providers and the networks.  No matter where you are, you can watch on peacock.”

I’ll be set, either way. Just looking for early piece of mind from them. 

23 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

As much as regional and national media talk about how important Bills are to their loyal, devoted fan base—pretty annoying to force a floundering niche stream svc upon a 76 yr old. I’d say the $6 isn’t the issue, it’s the setup and hassle factor. 

Just for general information purposes,  that was New Era’s mom.  I know it is just the way the quoting works on the board that it looks like I said it.

Just because I’ve written on here previously about the fact my mom passed away more than 20 years ago.

I don’t want to be accused of lying about the late best woman in the world. 😉

Go Bills!

I have no problem paying a few bucks to see the Bills play. Back in the early-mid 1980s when I was living in Long Island I couldn't watch the Bills games anywhere and it was pretty frustrating. To be able to get a game for less than $6 is a bargain - cheaper than anything you'll spend at a sports bar. 

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

You realize that the Bills didn’t choose this right?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Yeah that was part of it too.  I knew I was moving to a city without a bills bar and might be relegated to watching games at home.  With my BBFS telling me if would

be just our luck to have 💯 of the peacock only games, I decided $20 was worth it.

as it turns out, my old Bills bar is only a 2 hour drive and a nice way to clear my head and relax in solitude.  I won’t be making the trip today due to the holidays, so I’ll be getting some usage out of that $20

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Ita not a matter of tech savviness or the money, but your right, sort of.  On the one hand you aren't crying about the inconvenience of having to get Peacock for 1 game on a message board, but on the other hand you have a dozen posts where you are crying about people who are annoyed by said inconvenience. I feel like there is a word for this.  

Regardless,  we don't seem to have much to say on the topic, so have yourself a merry little Christmas and go Bills (on the Sunday Ticket or Cable or Prime)!

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You realize that the Bills didn’t choose this right?

Terry as a part owner of the league either chose it or got out voted, no?

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@teef

No clue how things work in the Buffalo area.  I would assume that, if it were to be blacked out, it’ll be blacked out and shown on WRGZ or w/so it’s called (the local broadcast)

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No clue how things work in the Buffalo area.  I would assume that, if it were to be blacked out, it’ll be blacked out and shown on WRGZ or w/so it’s called (the local broadcast)

Yeah, that’s exactly what I mean, and my issue is I have not had nbc/channel 2 for about a month now due to the dispute.

Yes, I have an antenna, but it is a chore given my tv and location to try and set it up. I would prefer it on peacock.

5 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Ita not a matter of tech savviness or the money, but your right, sort of.  On the one hand you aren't crying about the inconvenience of having to get Peacock for 1 game on a message board, but on the other hand you have a dozen posts where you are crying about people who are annoyed by said inconvenience. I feel like there is a word for this.  

Regardless,  we don't seem to have much to say on the topic, so have yourself a merry little Christmas and fo Bills (on the Sunday Ticket or Cable or Prime)!

Terry as a part owner of the league either chose it or got out voted, no?

yeah, there are several words for someone sharing an opposing view on a message board.  

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yeah, that’s exactly what I mean, and my issue is I have not had nbc/channel 2 for about a month now due to the dispute.

Yes, I have an antenna, but it is a chore given my tv and location to try and set it up. I would prefer it on peacock.

Oh **** forgot about that.  Check your dms

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Point well taken. 

Not sure if that point was brought up previously, I was just replying to a quote on page 1-2.  I can understand the frustration

i dont agree that it will become overkill.  I think it’ll be more frustrating and it will weed some fans out. Not enough to stop them from making more money than their losing by alienating some

It's going to be an interesting evolution going forward. These guys are good at turning $1 into $2 but I'd think it is going to take some time for them to find that sweet spot where profits are increasing while not alienating too many fans to keep that increase at its maximum.

If human nature is any indicator I'd guess the short term will be a money grab that ends up pissing too many people off and drives them into the arms of pirates, followed in the long term by a series of overcorrections until they hit neutral buoyancy; most likely achieved right around the time I become worm food. :lol:

I know I'm going to miss those days when I could just pay my money to a single service, and in under a minute turn on the TV and set my remote to only recognize 3-4 channels that I could cycle through rapidly on Sundays. I know they ain't ever coming back and I know I'm no longer their target audience but I hope the market keeps them honest enough to not alienate me to the point where I just give up on it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, nucci said:

How to Watch on TV:

Exactly. The game IS on NBC. I feel like the media duped fans into thinking you needed Peacock. What a crock! It’s on tv like any other game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.