The Chiefs Big Three are Mahomes, Chris Jones and Kelce

Simon

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I must have missed Kelce's meltdown, remember Jones and them getting frustrated when the offense was really killing them.

He was losing it early when he was rightly called for a takedown.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They are just overly competitive!

[*Cough*Cough* Diggs Bengals Playoff game *Cough*Cough*]

When I had a tantrum when I lost as a child I wish my parents just said it's ok Michael, you're just competitive 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Did anyone see Mahomes kinda losing it with the camera crew when they zoomed into their sideline discussions?

Mahomes was frantically shooing the telecasr camera away like it was some kinda of spy ring.

I get that he thinks that the crew shouldn't be in that close, and he's not wrong, but those boys are wound waaaaay too tight right now.

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

He was losing it early when he was rightly called for a takedown.

I thought that was hilarious. He got called for a rather weak OPI and then later in the same drive he gets flagged AGAIN. After crying to the refs for about a minute and a ref huddle they decide to pick up the flag. Then the broadcast shows the replay and Kelce blatantly put his hands inside Douglas's pads and ripped him to the ground. One of the easiest OPI calls I've ever seen and the refs decided to pick it up because Kelce cried about it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I thought that was hilarious. He got called for a rather weak OPI and then later in the same drive he gets flagged AGAIN. After crying to the refs for about a minute and a ref huddle they decide to pick up the flag. Then the broadcast shows the replay and Kelce blatantly put his hands inside Douglas's pads and ripped him to the ground. One of the easiest OPI calls I've ever seen and the refs decided to pick it up because Kelce cried about it. 

I don't know what was going on with that one, I guess they figured since it would be 4th down anyway might as well humor the big baby.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Mahomes has always been a class act. Until today. What a ridiculous tantrum he threw. And then to double down on it afterwards in his press conference? Just pathetic.

During his after the game presser, he gave no credit to the Bills.  He talked about how the Kelsey catch and lateral for td was a legendary play.  The only thing that was legendary was his incessant whining!!!

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills have been the victims of some awful game changing calls and non calls.  Josh is always classy, never complains about refs or teammates.  Patrick has been getting calls for years, then finally gets a call against him, and Mahomes is still crying and bitching. 

It says a lot about Josh, and a lot about Mahomes.  Josh outclasses Mahomes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Mahomes has always been a class act. Until today. What a ridiculous tantrum he threw. And then to double down on it afterwards in his press conference? Just pathetic.

I've said for years that the Mahomes we see is a very carefully crafted PR personality. My parents always taught me that if you want to see the character of a person, look at the company they keep. His Momma trash. His brother is trash. His wife is trash. 

Much easier to show as the "good guy" when you're winning. This is the first season he's had any real long adversity and he acts like trash. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TAinLack. said:

During his after the game presser, he gave no credit to the Bills.  He talked about how the Kelsey catch and lateral for td was a legendary play.  The only thing that was legendary was his incessant whining!!!

It would have been a legendary play EXCEPT for a a Toney Offside penalty that was obvious to all. Apparently, Mahomes thinks KC should be immune to penalties. A commentator at halftime of Sunday night football said that penalty has been called 11 times this year already, and that the league was not letting it slide anymore. Never saw Mahomes to deflect the blame like he did after the game and in post game interviews. It's like the penalty just didn't happen when if fact is was blatantly obvious!!!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, J-Bo said:

It would have been a legendary play EXCEPT for a a Toney Offside penalty that was obvious to all. Apparently, Mahomes thinks KC should be immune to penalties. A commentator at halftime of Sunday night football said that penalty has been called 11 times this year already, and that the league was not letting it slide anymore. Never saw Mahomes to deflect the blame like he did after the game and in post game interviews. It's like the penalty just didn't happen when if fact is was blatantly obvious!!!

Maybe im biased but what is so legendary about that lateral anyway lol if the clock hit 0 needing a score to win then yea maybe thats an all time great play but I just don’t really see it as it stands. It left us with tons of time 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mahomes was a giant baby at the end but Brady did this a million times. It’s football. This stuff happens all the time. 

I think they are frustrated because they know they are severely handicapped with their awful wrs. Basically wasting a year of Mahomes’ prime. 

Brady did not have to get held back by teammates while screaming nonstop at the refs and then go on and on in his press conference after something like this happened I really think this is one of a kind territory 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I said it elsewhere but I dare anyone to watch the Netflix series The Quarterback and not come away thinking that Mahomes is pure ego driven trash. I’m almost shocked he let that series air. At the same time I found a completely new appreciation for Kirk Cousins. He appears to be a class act. 

42 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe im biased but what is so legendary about that lateral anyway lol if the clock hit 0 needing a score to win then yea maybe thats an all time great play but I just don’t really see it as it stands. It left us with tons of time 

Brady did not have to get held back by teammates while screaming nonstop at the refs and then go on and on in his press conference after something like this happened I really think this is one of a kind territory 

Brady just screamed at his teammates and cos he’s. He also walked off the field without shaking hands after losses. 

mahomes reacted like a baby but he could have been screaming at his teammates instead of the refs. I’m sure there is zero problem in their lockerroom

17 hours ago, QB Bills said:

I honestly think he's fed up with his receivers and the offensive production overall and just snapped. It's been building up over the season and he finally lost it. He can't snap at the player, so he has to take it out on someone. Not saying it's right, btw; just offering an explanation as to possibly why.

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Brady just screamed at his teammates and cos he’s. He also walked off the field without shaking hands after losses. 

mahomes reacted like a baby but he could have been screaming at his teammates instead of the refs. I’m sure there is zero problem in their lockerroom

Yeah, I think there was a lot of displaced projection going on with Mahomes. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Pete said:

The Bills have been the victims of some awful game changing calls and non calls.  Josh is always classy, never complains about refs or teammates.  Patrick has been getting calls for years, then finally gets a call against him, and Mahomes is still crying and bitching. 

It says a lot about Josh, and a lot about Mahomes.  Josh outclasses Mahomes

When they make you the golden boy, you get use to getting all the calls. Kudos to the refs for daring to call it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

When they make you the golden boy, you get use to getting all the calls. Kudos to the refs for daring to call it.

Mahomes is complete trash and needs to apologize to the league after that outburst. It’s okay to be frustrated but now that he’s seen the replay he has to come out and say something publicly. There’s NO WAY the ref has any idea what was going to happen downfield on that play. He throws the flag immediately, on the snap. 

• Like (+1) 3

The Kelce meltdown, I didn't see, but there could have been one on his magic play near the end.  Maybe he was just so delighted with his own creativity (well-deserved) that he could tolerate the Offside call against Toney.

About Toney -- The refs actually did the Chiefs a favor on that play, just calling the Offside.  Toney ran straight into one of the Bills DB, and then ran straight into another one.  The second one was the pick that got Kelce so wide open.  Go back and watch the replay.  It was blatant OPI.  If the refs had called that, which they should have, it would have backed the Chiefs up by 10, and not by 5.  Fortunately Mahomes' next three passes all fell incomplete, and the Bills won. 

But, maybe this is better in the long run.  The Chiefs will have a week to stew about the Offside call, telling each other the refs somehow were to blame or that the refs somehow screwed up.  Any distraction is a good thing.  Here's why.  The Chiefs, whom the Bills beat and would have the tiebreaker over, are only one game ahead of the Broncos, who beat the Bills.  If it comes down to playoff tiebreakers, I want every edge the Bills can get, so I'm hoping Denver wins the AFCW.  (Also if the Chiefs don't make the playoffs, Mahomes will keep alive his streak of never playing a playoff game on the road.)

15 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Technically you're right, but I always knew that guy was a phoney.

It is easy to be a class act when everything goes your way all the time.

For the first time in his career, he's had a lot of adversity and his true colours are showing 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, QB Bills said:

I like Mahomes, especially after seeing the Quarterbacks show on Netflix. But I'm not sure I'd say he's always a class act. Dude flops and acts and cries to the refs a TON, even more so than Josh who gets called out in the media all the time for it.

Mahomes has been a class act as long as the refs are making calls go their way. Not sure how much that counts.

I get it though. The NFL and Refs have trained him to be this way.

When you are used to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mahomes is complete trash and needs to apologize to the league after that outburst. It’s okay to be frustrated but now that he’s seen the replay he has to come out and say something publicly. There’s NO WAY the ref has any idea what was going to happen downfield on that play. He throws the flag immediately, on the snap. 

Needs to apologize to the league?? That’s going a little too far. He’s going to get a fine this week, he will talk in his presser on Wednesday about it, say it was heat if the moment and try to walk things back, then everyone will move on. Guys get mad all the time.

This is exactly why I disagree so much with people on here who say Josh NEEDS to get in his teammates faces. The yelling, tantrums, and outbursts don’t make a great leader. I’ll take how Josh handles things over an embarrassing meltdown any day

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Frustrations from the whole season boiled over for them yesterday. This loss will probably reset KC for the rest of the season. They entered yesterday’s game with the 3rd seed and a shot at the 1st seed. After the game they’re in the same exact spot. Bills needed this game more so it worked out for Buffalo. On to Dallas!

They have been the darlings of the NFL since 2018 when Mahomes became the starter. He's always been built up as the heir apparent to Brady. The refs immediately started treating them as such. Sports media started treating them as such. They have constantly breezed through the regular season every year. Mahomes has never played a road Playoff game. This is the first time things haven't gone their way at every turn and they're upset about it. Oh well. 

49 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

This thread is about the Chiefs' leadership "Big 3", but it could easily could read "Gigantic 4" by including Andy Reid.  Contrast his post-game comments with those of McD after the Bills get hosed - another interesting study in leadership under duress.

Considering Reid is now included in most of Patty's commercials,  their responses are a package deal.

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I honestly think he's fed up with his receivers and the offensive production overall and just snapped. It's been building up over the season and he finally lost it. He can't snap at the player, so he has to take it own on someone. Not saying it's right, btw; just offering an explanation as to possibly why.

Yeah, I think there was a lot of displaced projection going on with Mahomes. 

100% agree.

Their WRs have cost them 4 games over dumb, botched plays. I think most of Mahomes' reaction was projecting his frustrations with team mates onto the refs.

Still a bad look. Looking forward to hearing how much he gets fined.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.