AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

19 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'm saying we need to go 4-0 and the Fins need to go 2-2 then we must beat them head to head. The reason I said it's crazy it because the Bills haven't played well on both sides of the ball during the same game much this year. Plus winning 5 in a row is no easy feat 

I’ll say what I wrote in another thread, tomorrow and next week will determine our future.  If we can pull off a win against the Chiefs and Cowgirls, we lay great odds of having a great finish.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I pretty strongly disagree that any of CLE, PIT, CIN or DEN get to 10.

DEN and CIN would have to go 4-1.

PIT would have to go 3-1.

CLE would have to go 3-2.

CIN and PIT are done. I’m pretty sure DEN has 2 more losses looking at their schedule. CLE is on their 3rd string QB, and their best player is playing injured.

There are no remaining games that CIN, PIT or CLE should win. At best there are games that are a toss up for them.

To me, either the Bills get in at 10-7, or a different team gets the third spot at 9-8.

Well CIN plays PIT and CLE so those are games one of the teams should and will win.

So CLE beats CIN they only need two wins vs CHI, NYJ, HOU and JAC. That is very doable.

So PIT beats CIN they only need two wins vs IND, SEA, BAL. Possible especially if BAL is resting guys the last week. They lose to IND now IND only needs two vs CIN, ATL, LVR and HOU. That is very likely especially if you think CIN loses. Just one vs ATL or LVR gets 10. 

Edited by ngbills

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Well CIN plays PIT and CLE so those are games one of the teams should and will win.

So CLE beats CIN they only need two wins vs CHI, NYJ, HOU and JAC. That is very doable.

So PIT beats CIN they only need two wins vs IND, SEA, BAL. Possible especially if BAL is resting guys the last week. They lose to IND now IND only needs two vs CIN, ATL, LVR and HOU. That is very likely especially if you think CIN loses. Just one vs ATL or LVR gets 10. 

I understand the sentiment, but I think PIT and CLE are cooked. They will probably both lose to Cincy. Even if they do win that game, they won’t get the additional 2 wins required to get to 10-7.

So then the question is can Cincy go 2-1 their remaining games vs Colts, Vikings and Chiefs. I really doubt it personally.

I’m thinking wild cards will be:

1. HOU/JAX 11-6 or 10-7

2. IND 10-7

3. BUF 10-7 or DEN/CIN/CLE 9-8

• Donuts and Doritos changed the title to AFC Standings, Schedules & Rooting Interests UPDATED 12/10
3 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Bills win over KC keeps them alive, but the other games (particularly Bengals win) keeps them in the 11 seed. So we did not move up. Cheering for the Titans to squish the Fish.

If the Bills win next week you will see the Bills shoot up the charts. A lot of similar record teams playing next week. Then we should have two very winnable games after that 

• Like (+1) 3

All those teams still play each other.

The only outcome today that sucked was the Jags losing to the Browns. I was fine with them losing to the Bengals last week because I thought Lawrence was knocked out for the season, but guess not.

Even with that, 6 teams currently at 7-6. Most of those teams still play each other. 

Win out we're obviously in.

I still think even losing 1 likely gets us in.

Just win out. They can. 2 home games. 1 against a likely Herbertless LA team and 1 to close the season against Josh Allen's B word.

Let's gooooooo!!!!

6 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

If the Bills win next week you will see the Bills shoot up the charts. A lot of similar record teams playing next week. Then we should have two very winnable games after that 

Win over Dallas and we are for real.  We squeaked by the Chiefs today, but we finally won a tough game.  I’m so happy we won today, and had fun with the boys at my local watering hole.

We beat the Cowgirls, and people will take us seriously.  We will beat the next three after the Boys.  11-6 is a nice fit, and as much as I don’t care about the media, they’ll shut up when we win 5 in a row.  That means the 4th AFCE winner, and get at least 1 home game.

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Win over Dallas and we are for real.  We squeaked by the Chiefs today, but we finally won a tough game.  I’m so happy we won today, and had fun with the boys at my local watering hole.

We beat the Cowgirls, and people will take us seriously.  We will beat the next three after the Boys.  11-6 is a nice fit, and as much as I don’t care about the media, they’ll shut up when we win 5 in a row.  That means the 4th AFCE winner, and get at least 1 home game.

The Dolphins are three games ahead of the Bills. A week 17 win still requires 2 more Dolphin losses to tie them. They play Titans, Jets, Ravens,Dallas,and Bills. They could drop 2 of those but 4 of 5 are at home including Dallas.

More realistic shot is a WC and they will still need some help.

On 12/9/2023 at 6:49 PM, DapperCam said:

I understand the sentiment, but I think PIT and CLE are cooked. They will probably both lose to Cincy. Even if they do win that game, they won’t get the additional 2 wins required to get to 10-7.

So then the question is can Cincy go 2-1 their remaining games vs Colts, Vikings and Chiefs. I really doubt it personally.

1. HOU/JAX 11-6 or 10-7

2. IND 10-7

Well they destroyed the Colts today and the Vikings are trash without Cousins so...

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

That means the 4th AFCE winner, and get at least 1 home game

Hows that?  Are you assuming Miami loses 3 games, one of them being us out of the next 5?  It's unlikely they lose to the Titans or Jets.  Maybe the Cowboys and Ravens but I think the Ravens are paper tigers.

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well they destroyed the Colts today and the Vikings are trash without Cousins so...

Hows that?  Are you assuming Miami loses 3 games, one of them being us out of the next 5?  It's unlikely they lose to the Titans or Jets.  Maybe the Cowboys and Ravens but I think the Ravens are paper tigers.

They'll lose to the Ravens. That's the game that isn't in Miami. Cowboys could beat them. Miami hasn't shown they can beat an elite team. I wouldn't count out the Jets stealing a win either. If the Bills beat the Cowboys that last game has a good chance to determine the division winner

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

They'll lose to the Ravens. That's the game that isn't in Miami. Cowboys could beat them. Miami hasn't shown they can beat an elite team. I wouldn't count out the Jets stealing a win either. If the Bills beat the Cowboys that last game has a good chance to determine the division winner

It has a chance but I think Miami is better than people are giving them credit for.  I think they lose to the Cowboys.  Not so sure about the Ravens.  Beat the Cowboys and I think we roll to the playoffs but as a WC.  Honestly division winner and wild card is only the difference of like 1 home game maybe 2 if another WC team won, so I don't care how we get in.  Just get in. 

There is a high chance that if we go in as the 7th seed that we play Miami in round 1 again.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

On 12/9/2023 at 6:49 PM, DapperCam said:

1. HOU/JAX 11-6 or 10-7

2. IND 10-7

I, too, was counting Cleveland out of few weeks and it is just not happening.  They should roll into their finale against Bengals 10-6 (Browns, Texans, Jets), and depending upon Bengals QB situation they very well could run the table and end up 11-6.

I don’t seeing them giving up the 5 spot.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

10 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Bills win over KC keeps them alive, but the other games (particularly Bengals win) keeps them in the 11 seed. So we did not move up. Cheering for the Titans to squish the Fish.

The Titans will probably have a good game plan. Playing bad teams in prime time late in the year always scares me. Those teams are looking to make a statement and the dolphins are expecting an easy win. Could be a good one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I, too, was counting Cleveland out of few weeks and it is just not happening.  They should roll into their finale against Bengals 10-6 (Browns, Texans, Jets), and depending upon Bengals QB situation they very well could run the table and end up 11-6.

I don’t seeing them giving up the 5 spot.

Browing has looked great for the Bengals. I could see them finishing 3-1 down the stretch. That could be a very important week 17 match up of Browns @ Bengals. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Browing has looked great for the Bengals. I could see them finishing 3-1 down the stretch. That could be a very important week 17 match up of Browns @ Bengals. 

The easiest time to look good for a QB in the NFL is his first 4 games when there is no film on him...the NFL is littered with QBs who were first 4 game MVP's that flamed out.

You never want to see anyone get hurt but something to keep an eye on. CJ Stroud to a hard hit yesterday near the end of the Jets game. He is currently in concussion protocol. I hope he is OK but if he misses time the Texans playoff chances take a big hit.

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

We may be winning some conference tiebreakers when season is over, the problem lies with head to head with Bengals and Broncos.

Head to head might not come in to play if it’s at three or four team tie at the end.

but ultimately, I don’t think we’re gonna be winning any tiebreakers at all. Especially if we beat Dallas this week. That put us at four and one out of conference. Meaning our in-conference record is going to be one of the worst between all of the teams tied.

but if we beat Dallas, at that point, just win out and don’t let tiebreakers come in to play.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The Dolphins are three games ahead of the Bills. A week 17 win still requires 2 more Dolphin losses to tie them. They play Titans, Jets, Ravens,Dallas,and Bills. They could drop 2 of those but 4 of 5 are at home including Dallas.

More realistic shot is a WC and they will still need some help.

Ethan, they only have to drop to the Cowboys and Baltimore.  We beat them and we win the head to head as we’re both 11-6 with us sweeping them.  Not four.

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yep, I’m guessing if we beat the Cowboys, then we win throughout, and I don’t see the Fish beating the Ravens and Cowboys.  So yes, we can finish both 11-6.

12 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ethan, they only have to drop to the Cowboys and Baltimore.  We beat them and we win the head to head as we’re both 11-6 with us sweeping them.  Not four.

Yep, I’m guessing if we beat the Cowboys, then we win throughout, and I don’t see the Fish beating the Ravens and Cowboys.  So yes, we can finish both 11-6.

Heck, Dolphins could lose tonight or next week against the Jets!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Head to head might not come in to play if it’s at three or four team tie at the end.

but ultimately, I don’t think we’re gonna be winning any tiebreakers at all. Especially if we beat Dallas this week. That put us at four and one out of conference. Meaning our in-conference record is going to be one of the worst between all of the teams tied.

but if we beat Dallas, at that point, just win out and don’t let tiebreakers come in to play.

If we win just our remaining AFC games our conference record will be 7-5 which actually isn’t too bad. Could help us win a 3 or 4 team tiebreaker 

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If Zach plays next week like he did the 2nd half yesterday, then maybe an upset can happen. That defense will keep them in it if they get help from the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

If we win just our remaining AFC games our conference record will be 7-5 which actually isn’t too bad. Could help us win a 3 or 4 team tiebreaker 

We lose head to head to den and cin. If we are tied with pit, cle or ind they likely have a better conf record or else there would not be a tie breaker needed. 

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Three games this Saturday on the NFLN and all of them are of interest to Bills fans.

Minnesota at Cincinnati. Go Vikings 

Pittsburgh at Indianapolis. Not sure who we want here.

Denver at Detroit. Go Lions

Maybe Pit. Indy has an easier schedule so need this loss. Pit has games vs cin, sea and bal so could lose one of those. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not necessarily, if we win the rest of our AFC games(LA,NE,Miami) our conference record will be 7-5 and that is actually a very typical record for a WC team. Thats why people are saying that the Dallas game is the least important of the games left. If the Bills lose this one, its not a deathblow but beating the Cowboys and then going 2-1 against the AFC teams will be much tougher. 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Three games this Saturday on the NFLN and all of them are of interest to Bills fans.

Minnesota at Cincinnati. Go Vikings 

Pittsburgh at Indianapolis. Not sure who we want here.

Denver at Detroit. Go Lions

Wow, didn't realize all those games were on Saturday. 

Definitely want Pittsburgh to win. They have a tough schedule and should lose at least 2. 

If Herbert is done for the year the Broncos have a very easy last 3 games. Need them to lose to Detroit.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Definitely want Pittsburgh to win. They have a tough schedule and should lose at least 2. 

A triple header on the NFL Network. The Vikings-Bengals game is at 1:00. The Steelers-Colts is 4:30. The Broncos-Lions is 8:15. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yes the Cowboys and the Ravens and us we would take the division.  Im just not so sure they lose to the Ravens.  I know they have a great record but I seen some of their play and I dont think they are as good as their record.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes the Cowboys and the Ravens and us we would take the division.  Im just not so sure they lose to the Ravens.  I know they have a great record but I seen some of their play and I dont think they are as good as their record.

The Dolphins game with the Ravens is in Baltimore. I am guessing the Ravens will be a slight favorite in that one. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I'm calling it now.  The Dolphins will lose at least one of the next two games, probably against the Jets.  You folks are forgetting that the Dolphins have zero homefield advantage late in the season.  Northern teams love to go down there to play in December and January.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Process said:

If Herbert is done for the year the Broncos have a very easy last 3 games. Need them to lose to Detroit.

It's not likely but it is still possible for Denver to take the division over the Chiefs.  The Chiefs would have to lose to a bad team though I think as they have a cupcake schedule.  If that happened it would take Denver out of the head to head and we have the head to head on the Chiefs.  I haven't really simulated that to see how it would work out.  Just something I thought of checking out.

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Dolphins game with the Ravens is in Baltimore. I am guessing the Ravens will be a slight favorite in that one. 

Yeah I agree they would be.  That game is a coin flip imo.

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

I'm calling it now.  The Dolphins will lose at least one of the next two games, probably against the Jets.  You folks are forgetting that the Dolphins have zero homefield advantage late in the season.  Northern teams love to go down there to play in December and January.

I hope they do.  Any given Sunday... or whatever day they are playing those teams.   Maybe the Titans even pull off the fluke tonight.  Im not counting on it but I can still root for it.

Nothing I would love more right now than killing the Dolphins fans cockyness of thinking they have the division locked by beating them again and taking it back.  (obviously a superbowl I would love more but short term thats my hope)  I hate Dolphin fans with a passion.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Dallas is beating someone in the AFC East, so hopefully it's Miami after we beat them this weekend and send them into "must win" mode for playoff seeding. 

All we need is to beat Dallas and take care of 2 cupcakes. If we do that, it could very well come down to a game in Miami to determine the division title. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

The silver lining if the dolphins win the division is they could possibly be resting starters in week 18 in which case I’d feel very good about finishing at least 3-1 with a loss to the cowboys 

if things don’t go our way for the division it’s almost better that Miami has the 1 seed locked up in week 18 lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It's not likely but it is still possible for Denver to take the division over the Chiefs.  The Chiefs would have to lose to a bad team though I think as they have a cupcake schedule.  If that happened it would take Denver out of the head to head and we have the head to head on the Chiefs.  I haven't really simulated that to see how it would work out.  Just something I thought of checking out.

If Denver caught the Chiefs, wouldn’t that be something?

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Dallas is beating someone in the AFC East, so hopefully it's Miami after we beat them this weekend and send them into "must win" mode for playoff seeding. 

All we need is to beat Dallas and take care of 2 cupcakes. If we do that, it could very well come down to a game in Miami to determine the division title. 

I’m traveling down to Miami for the game.  Thinking we’re going to some pretty solid fan representation there.  Would be so awesome to have the division on the line and be there to watch us win.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Who cares? Let's beat the Cowboys first. One game at a time. It will all shake out.

I know upsets happen all the time. Just look at who the Bills lost to this year so nothing is guaranteed. But I do believe if the Bills beat the Cowboys, then they will be 10-6 going into the Dolphins game. Will it be for the division I don't know but the Bills will beat the Chargers and Pats IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.