Injury Report

Deadstroke

I hate to be too dense on this but I'm having a hard time reading into the latest injury report.  By that I am specifically referring to the state of health of our DB's.  Yesterday's report said that Taylor Rapp and Taron Johnson were LP.  Any further word/conjecture on that?  

Quite a time to have as much in the way of pass defense as possible.  Having Rapp and Johnson in the lineup would be huge.

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

It looks like the Dolphins lost Philips for the season so everyone but the Chiefs seem to have serious injury problems this season

KC has roster flaws (WR and offensive line issues) and everyone else has major injuries and or roster flaws. NFL seasons are often acts of attrition unfortunately.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

KC has roster flaws (WR and offensive line issues) and everyone else has major injuries and or roster flaws. NFL seasons are often acts of attrition unfortunately.

What offensive line issues do they have? I thought they were solid from tackle to tackle. 

37 minutes ago, finn said:

What offensive line issues do they have? I thought they were solid from tackle to tackle. 

Their offensive line has struggled. Humphries and Thuney and really good along the interior and Trey Smith their other guard is solid. But their tackles have been bad. They let Wiley and Orlando Brown Jr walk and their replacements have been bad.

https://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article282159493.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Yeah, pretty much everyone other than Kelce have stone hands.  And Phillips out will effect Miami.  Just no dominant teams in the AFC this year and injuries have factored in.

6 hours ago, CSBill said:

He has no say in it. Totally doctors/trainers call. 

He was limited in practice yesterday. Suddenly he’s out? Reeks of McNursemaid! Doctors/trainers may make the final call but the game is 2 days away. They’d wait just like everybody else -except our current HC who has final call on everything.

6 hours ago, CSBill said:
Edited by Chandler#81
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

I hate to be too dense on this but I'm having a hard time reading into the latest injury report.  By that I am specifically referring to the state of health of our DB's.  Yesterday's report said that Taylor Rapp and Taron Johnson were LP.  Any further word/conjecture on that?  

Quite a time to have as much in the way of pass defense as possible.  Having Rapp and Johnson in the lineup would be huge.

I assume Rapp had a bit of a setback after practicing yesterday.  Johnson practiced in full today and is good to go.  Both Hyde and Poyer are healthy.  If they can stay that way, losing Rapp won't hurt too much.  The same with Dane Jackson.  Benford and Douglas are both healthy.  They're the two best outside CBs on the roster with Tre White out.  Lewis and Neal can handle some spot duty in relief.  If the Bills need to, they can activate a guy from the PS.  There are 4 CBs on the PS. 

30 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah, pretty much everyone other than Kelce have stone hands.  And Phillips out will effect Miami.  Just no dominant teams in the AFC this year and injuries have factored in.

That’s why it’s so frustrating that the Bills have put themselves behind the eight ball in the standings if the Bills made it as a wildcard I would give them a chance to make it to the SB.

On 11/24/2023 at 8:58 PM, JerseyBills said:

47 is a dog , he'll step up

Still wondering why Dane started ahead of Benford 

Agree. Like Benford and think he has more to offer than Dane. However, Jackson is no slouch and has had some fine moments this year when called upon. 

Just can’t have Poyer or Hyde trying to keep up with these guys they have at WR seeing as they’ll be running a load of 41 personnel. Could be a rough day if we have them isolated on Philly’s options as they all play with great top end speed. 

Edited by BBFL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.