Vikings without Jefferson…

LabattBlue

Having an offensive game plan/strategy that actually works does amazing things for a team. Allen is much better than Cousins and Dobbs but his coaches dont use him as well as they can. It seems like the Vikings have the offensive side of the ball down solid which is significant in a modern offense first league. We are doing much less on the scoreboard despite having our number one receiver....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Dobbs is just playing street ball and it’s working. 

Has to be street ball to an extent, he just arrived and started 5 days later after a trade. 

However, dude is insanely smart; degree in aeronautical science I believe. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Somewhere on an alternate timeline, Patrick Mahomes is tossing TDs to Justin Jefferson in Buffalo. 

Man...that's just cruel right there.  

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

Using multiple 1st round picks on WRs…imagine that.

We might of had him if not for the Vikings.  Beane has to flat tell McDermott NO if he suggests anything other than WR in the 1st in April.

I wonder about (but am reluctant to concretely entertain) the notion that NFL teams should seek to spread their caps more evenly throughout the entirety of the 53-man roster.

Injuries are so widespread and impactful. I wonder if there is wisdom to building a deeper depth chart that isn't so traditionally top-heavy, cap-wise. 

Probably still want to have an elite QB, offensive target, and defender who affects the QB, but it feels like injuries are highlighting the need for more depth. And also, for sure, coaching. Systems and execution of said systems. 

18 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But my fantasy team hasn't 😡

I heard that loud and clear brother.   I lucked into the #1 pick in my full PPR, 18 player roster fantasy draft and took Jefferson of course.  Things have turned out incredibly badly; can't replace him and WRs are the key piece in this league.  Awful.    

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

I heard that loud and clear brother.   I lucked into the #1 pick in my full PPR, 18 player roster fantasy draft and took Jefferson of course.  Things have turned out incredibly badly; can't replace him and WRs are the key piece in this league.  Awful.    

Yeah it takes 2 good WRs to make up for Jefferson which sucks 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.