Broncos @ Bills - Postgame Thread

Simon

Just now, Roundybout said:

I don’t trust Pegula to do the right thing. He’s an absolute drizzling moron 

Without Kim I doubt there's anyone in the captain's seat. I'm not sure I'd trust Terry with my lunch, much less an NFL team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Allen had two bad passes. The pick at the end of the half (which was a brain dead play design), and overthrowing Shakir on a third down scramble. He also did drop the fumble on the handoff to Cook.

All in all he didn’t have a great game, but the whole team played like trash. Which points to coaching IMO.

Bills win no one trashing the D 

No words.  I feel like I am watching the Dick Jauron or Chan Gailey or Rex Ryan era Bills losing games in new and inexplicable ways every week.

McDermott obviously CANNOT effectively manage both the DC and HC jobs.  This season has basically turned into a crap show in terms of details and preparedness in situations, etc where they were mostly buttoned up before(at least during the regular season).  He used to be the Anti-Ryan or Anti-Jauron in that he would make the other teams make those mistakes against us in key situations.

IMO, the first thing that needs to happen TONIGHT is McD needs to hand over play calling responsibilities to a defensive coach and have him audition for DC the rest of the year. Too much stuff is going awry and it's not a coincidence it's all happening the year he tries to pull double duty.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest.  The Bills problem is clear as day to me and its the head coach.  We all knew deep down in our hearts after "13 seconds" that McD was fatally flawed as a head coach but we kept hoping.  Now if Pegula wants to stay with McD & Bean hey it's your team but I'm done.  Another year of McD will ruin Allen. Another year of Bean prioritizing the defense over the offense will ruin the franchise. 

If the Bills are going to reopen that SB window they need to part ways with McD/Bean after this season.  Five years ago with a special, elite QB in place they chose to go all in on the defense and not surround their young super star QB with the best offensive talent available. That decision was a massive strategic mistake.  Throw in repeated tactical mistakes by McD and his coaching staff and the Buffalo Bills are now an average team going downhill fast.

At some point Allen needs to take some blame here. Maybe we need to admit that Allen is a high variance quarterback. He's highs are other worldly but he also is capable of some real stinkers. 

Obviously, he's a franchise quarterback you can win with, but we must admit he had some mental hurdles he needs to work on. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Yea I’m out on McD. Maybe it’s because I’m exhausted and cold and drunk but this is beyond flukes and weird stuff. 

IMO, him pulling double duty as DC has caused his oversight in other areas to wane and it's hurting them in terms of situational awareness and details. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

I suppose that's true 

He did seem to say what he honestly felt:  It's basically the players' fault. 

The turnovers are the players faults.

12 man, consistently poor game planning, and a bad 3rd and 10 all out blitz call, is on the coaches. They are suppose to be the fail safe and they have proven they can’t stop the ***** from hitting the fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

I wish Pegula was a capable professional sports franchise owner. If he could do that the Bills nor the Sabres would be in this position. 

I have zero confidence that he’ll make a sound decision. Not the sharpest tool in the shed…

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

Bills win no one trashing the D 

That's why the chicken little is overblown.  if the D was bad, I'd be throwing in the hat, too.  The McD stuff is a little overblown, because tonight was mostly execution, and other than practice plays, he can't do anything about that on gameday, especially on offense.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

No words.  I feel like I am watching the Dick Jauron or Chan Gailey or Rex Ryan era Bills losing games in new and inexplicable ways every week.

McDermott obviously CANNOT effectively manage both the DC and HC jobs.  This season has basically turned into a crap show in terms of details and preparedness in situations, etc where they were mostly buttoned up before(at least during the regular season).  He used to be the Anti-Ryan or Anti-Jauron in that he would make the other teams make those mistakes against us in key situations.

IMO, the first thing that needs to happen TONIGHT is McD needs to hand over play calling responsibilities to a defensive coach and have him audition for DC the rest of the year. Too much stuff is going awry and it's not a coincidence it's all happening the year he tries to pull double duty.

I think this is spot on. Good post. This is likely the only way we salvage the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Allen had two bad passes. The pick at the end of the half (which was a brain dead play design), and overthrowing Shakir on a third down scramble. He also did drop the fumble on the handoff to Cook.

All in all he didn’t have a great game, but the whole team played like trash. Which points to coaching IMO.

Yep this was an all around bad effort by the Bills.  Cooks opening play fumble was real bad.  But worse was Richard Head McD punishing Buffalo's #1 RB by holding him out of the next THREE freaking series.  What the hell was that?  Maybe you sit him for one series, and that's a big maybe, but not more then that.

And the Davis drop, which led directly to an INT in the Bronco's Red Zone killed us as much as Cooks fumble. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LifeLongBillsFan said:

Your job description is to execute and maintain possession of the ball.

We have watched 4 weeks of really bad offensive play - McD is a joke 

Fans need to stop just blaming Dorsey,  it's McDermott that pushed for long time consuming complimentary football and it has been a total disaster since 13 secs.  The team has had a few good offensive games but for the most part they have not been the same

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

I wish we would of ran the ball more. The Broncos have the worst risking defense in the league and we barely ran the ball for the majority of the game. Whenever we ran it, we were successful. 

1000% this, and this is 1000% on the coaching staff!

• Like (+1) 1

I just want to say, I think Sean has lost the locker room. Josh's mom "liked" a post about how unhappy he seems, which I took as shade towards the coaches. I am sure his mom knows what is up, and my personal belief is that the players are not happy with Sean anymore.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

IMO, him pulling double duty as DC has caused his oversight in other areas to wane and it's hurting them in terms of situational awareness and details. 

It’s insane how bad of an OC we have. Like he’s astonishingly bad. He has zero game sense, his route trees are absolutely atrocious, he isn’t there to calm Josh down, I’m firmly in the camp that he’s the worst OC we’ve had in 20 years 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I just want to say, I think Sean has lost the locker room. Josh's mom "liked" a post about how unhappy he seems, which I took as shade towards the coaches. I am sure his mom knows what is up, and my personal belief is that the players are not happy with Sean anymore.

Only in 2023 would this happen. LoL. How did you notice? 

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He just threw Sam Martin under the bus too! Talking crap about all his players one after the other. This is genuinely an unhinged press conference.

McD needs to own the blame. He should 100% fall for this…

but let’s call a spade a spade: they effed up big time. Players a need to execute. 

Allen most of all. He ain’t going anywhere. The bone headed plays need to stop. It’s terrifying week after week how many give aways they’re coughing up 

• Agree 1

Just now, Aimee75 said:

He’s lost the locker room for sure. He’s wound way too tight. Maybe that works when the team is winning. I wouldn’t want him to be my boss, lol.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

It’s insane how bad of an OC we have. Like he’s astonishingly bad. He has zero game sense, his route trees are absolutely atrocious, he isn’t there to calm Josh down, I’m firmly in the camp that he’s the worst OC we’ve had in 20 years 

Dennison?

7 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

I wish we would of ran the ball more. The Broncos have the worst risking defense in the league and we barely ran the ball for the majority of the game. Whenever we ran it, we were successful. 

Cook averaged 10 yards a carry(even with the fumble) and Murray had a few big runs also.  Inexplicable why Dorsey sees the offense hum whenever they actually run the ball and commit to it versus Allen dropping back and passing every play but yet he continuously treats the running game like it's the red headed step-child of the offense.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.