Bills @ Bengals postgame thread

Simon

6 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

Again..
Dorsey was a big nothing burger.   

played four years...2 with sf and 2 with cleaveland 

16 total starts.   52% completion and 2082 total yards.  130 yards a game and 25 sacks....

this is our leader.....

And how did Mike McDaniel and Kyle Shanahan do in their NFL quarterbacking careers?

Dorsey sucks, but it’s not because of who he was.  It’s because of who he is. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

About what I expected tonight 

Me too, although since they had 10 days to prepare, I was hoping it might play out differently. I seriously think a lot of players on that team just don't care, and are just going through the motions to get paid.

• Like (+1) 3

It’s division title or nothing. I honestly can’t believe they are most likely missing the playoffs. Injuries on defense have absolutely nothing to do with how awful the offensive coaching is on this team. 

Good luck with Philly, KC, Chargers and Dallas. Ugh, I’m not even confident about Jets and Miami…

What happened to the team that was fun  to watch? We used to have a swagger that we could match up and play with anyone..

My mind refuses to let me believe that possibly , the team I want them or think they should be, no longer exists. I probably won’t accept it until we have fallen short of making the playoffs.

But it just feels pretty hopeless this morning listening to everyone saying this is an uphill battle.

Its hard to think that this coaching staff can figure it out.

I think Diggs knew this a long time ago , it got heated with Mcd, he was sent home. 

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The better prepared QB with the better weapons won.

Simple as that.

Burrow would tie Lou Anarumo in knots with his ability to read a defense and find it's weakness..........but Allen can only move the ball on Anarumo if he runs no huddle and Anarumo can't substitute.    That is an indictment.   Some want to lay the blame on Dorsey........but Allen should have a much better grasp of this offense in his 6th damn year in it.   He needs to be a lot better decision maker.    I'm not in the fire Dorsey crowd but a new playbook might be necessary to force Josh Allen to focus on the X's and O's again.   

And not play as much golf or hobnob with Hollywood types?! Bite your tongue man, he's got his guaranteed tens of millions, no need to actually spend hours studying film! 🙄

but now they suck at winning some games they're predicted to lose.  And they have 4 or 5 of those games coming up.  Can they win ANY of them?  What's happening here?!?  We have Josh Allen and Diggs for goodness sakes.  This coaching staff stinks.  They are not getting the best out of this roster.  I need to see Josh playing with urgency going forward. He’s just not that good standing in the pocket surveying the field, waiting for it to cave in while he holds the ball too long..pat, pat, pat, sack.  Josh needs to throw on the run often like he used to, or be decisive and run.   Burrow can stand in the pocket and release, he sees everything fast. That's not Josh's game. And the fact we can’t run the ball against good teams is the death of the Bills every season.  Our O line seems physically weaker than others teams O lines, it's weird.  Most Olinemen love to get out there and run block.

I'm happy the D didn't get physically dominated and they actually made Burrow feel some pain on a few plays.  They did however get out schemed again.  It's funny that I'm pleased the banged up D held Cincy to 24 pts while *only* getting gashed for 397 total yards and forcing no turnovers.   golf clap guys.

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It’s division title or nothing. I honestly can’t believe they are most likely missing the playoffs. Injuries on defense have absolutely nothing to do with how awful the offensive coaching is on this team. 

Good luck with Philly, KC, Chargers and Dallas. Ugh, I’m not even confident about Jets and Miami…

Exactly. Defense has played well enough to keep us in games. Obviously they blew the patriots game, but if the offense didn’t stink until the 4th quarter that defense wouldn’t have been in that position to blow it 

Man will never win the big games 

Man lost to Mac Jones somehow (Ron Rivera minus his best two DL traded away didn’t have this problem) 

This team needs a major change, this setup isn’t it.   

The same old one dimensional no run game BS is the Beane/McD era’s fatal flaw. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You shouldn’t be locked on any draft quarterback because we’re not, and should not, get rid of Josh in a billion years

Then I say enjoy the mediocre future. Because that's what's on the horizon. I'll say the bills win 8 this year. Then the rationale will be "oh the injuries." So they'll bring McDermott and beane back. Then they'll probably draft a CB and Safety in the first couple rounds and we'll start all over with another 8-9 win season next year.

That's not unrealistic 

The defense has the injury excuse, the offense does not. I.e. the offense is broke. The style/system/philosophy/scheme doesn’t work with the personnel we have. I’m not saying the offense can’t do some things, I’m saying they get less with more. They regularly underperform. The defense tends to overperform by comparison. 

Something is rotten and It’s not going to be resolved during the season. 

Edited by Shortchaz

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Then I say enjoy the mediocre future. Because that's what's on the horizon. I'll say the bills win 8 this year. Then the rationale will be "oh the injuries." So they'll bring McDermott and beane back. Then they'll probably draft a CB and Safety in the first couple rounds and we'll start all over with another 8-9 win season next year.

That's not unrealistic 

You really think the solution to the current malaise is trade Josh?

7 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Josh Allen’s Int and Kinkaids fumble was the difference in the game. Win the turnover battle and we probably win that game 

No way; stop kidding yourself.  The Bengals would have just put up more points. Their receivers were running WIDE OPEN all night, and Burrow was like a surgeon out there when there was some close coverage. He's smart too, as I believe he torched the Bills D every single time they blitzed.

8 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I'm finally just done with McD, that challenge was completely idiotic from every angle you can look at it. It was a 9 yard incompletion, not a 45 yard play. He quite literally burned a timeout for an attempt at getting 9 ***** yards!

It feels like the offense has a firm leash on it and it has greatly impacted Allen's throwing. He has a shoulder ailment so why are we attempting to have him go long constantly. 

Davis should never do any option routes; he is literally horrid at them. He and Allen never guess right and it shows up far too often. 

It feels like the entire offensive game plan is to eat clock, and hope to generate steady drives while simultaneously telling Allen he must play like Brady in the pocket. Then we fall behind and they suddenly yell, Allen save us!

Our defense is cursed in regards to injuries.

We open the game uptempo with quick hitters spreading the ball a la Brady and move down the field & score effortlessly.

What happens with Dorsey and Mc 👏 on ensuing drives? Completely abandoned what worked.  Brady made a living of that type of offense.  I’m out, the staff needs to go, I’m sure the players see it as well!

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

You really think the solution to the current malaise is trade Josh?

I never, ever, EVER want to go back to another extended stretch of near .500 football, no matter what it takes. I want this team to either be excellent, or dreadful.

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

y'all are spoiled.  live thru a few 3-13 seasons and many no Playoff hope years.  Not the case now....

Don’t tell an old man how to make babies. 

I was there…THERE during OJ’s 2000 yard season.

Also anyone who knows anything as a Bills fan knows it’s lightweight arguments to be bringing up 3-13, when many of us have have been in the stands for 2-14 years and 1 win seasons.

The Vikes M.O. lately and in some years past is “really good but not there or can’t get there.”

We are three years removed from just appearing in the AFC Championship, less than a year after only the second home playoff loss in Orchard Park history against a team that we have no answers for, in the dying light of one of the great safety tandems in league history and maybe down to a year with a future hall of famer at WR and let alone an all world QB and we are further away now than we were at the start of this decade with EVERYBODY else in the conference seemingly getting better other than the Pats.

If being spoiled is being around for more than half a century and no Super Bowls, and 30 years since we’ve even been to one, then I’ll wear the crown easily because I want more than what we have right now and are projecting to be as opposed to wearing the title of Seth Settleman…which…well, obviously others have no problem with that moniker.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I never, ever, EVER want to go back to another extended stretch of near .500 football, no matter what it takes. I want this team to either be excellent, or dreadful.

You’ll be wishing for 500 over the remainder of this schedule. I’ll think you’ll see the “dreadful” wish.

Edited by PayDaBill$

I appreciate the job McDermott has done over the years for the Bills. After a parade of punchlines at the HC position we have had, Sean has provided professionalism and consistency for a long time. He is a good human being. Last year with all the turmoil off the field and behind the scenes he did a phenomenal job keeping it together and producing a lot of wins in what easily could have been a lost season. He deserves our appreciation for what he has given to this town and this team.

That being said, there needs to be an overhaul on the staff this off-season. This team for too often looks just flat out unmotivated and unprepared. It feels like, to me, there is a disconnect between coaches and the players. They aren't on the same page. The message is being lost. 

New leadership really is needed. Someone who can light a fire. This roster and especially the offense has far too much talent to lose to teams like the Patriots and a Rodgers less Jets team. Sean McDermott is a good football coach. But you should never let being good get in the way of being great.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not the first game I have read sentiments similar to this regarding Mr. Brown.  If I am he, I am buying a GPS with the good directions package.

The Bills can't field a modern offense if we have to keep our 83 year old RB2 in to assist Brown on every play lest Allen get his head taken off.  Who is behind Brown?  He can't possibly be worse

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.