Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I assume once he learns the defense.  May take a couple of weeks.  I expect him and Benford to be the two starters with Jackson being the backup.  Also can kick inside if god forbid something happens to T. Johnson.  I would've preferred a true shutdown #1 CB.  That's nearly impossible to find at the trade deadline though but he's a great consolation prize.

He can hopefully learn enough by Sunday to start over Dane 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

How do people not know who this guy is? Lmao. 

The Bills trade for DeAndre Hopkins. 

Clueless Bills fans: "who"? 

Lol

Cmon son, DHop is a couple of years removed from being the best in the game at his position. I don’t believe they’ve named an island after Douglas yet

3 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Cmon son, DHop is a couple of years removed from being the best in the game at his position. I don’t believe they’ve named an island after Douglas yet

Rasul Douglas is a very popular player and if they actually watched the Packers on SNF over the years, they should know who the guy is. If they don't know, they aren't Watching enough football

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The answer is no.

I'm 100% convinced people here only watch the bills

there are clearly a lot of football snobs up in here

What?!?!? You don't  know every player in every uniform for all NFL teams....I DO *pat yourself on proverbial back*

Gimme a Break. Who cares what I know or what I don't . Noone knows Everythiing.

this is Two BILLS Drive not Two NFL Drive.

Im really not trying to be salty but that opinion  reads condescending to me just sayin' 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, muppy said:

What?!?!? You don't  know every player in every uniform for all NFL teams....I DO *pat yourself on proverbial back*

Im really not trying to be salty but that opinion  reads condescending to me just sayin' 

Not to sound rude, but if someone doesn't know a player and their abilities, they really shouldn't be commenting either positively or negatively about it.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Rasul Douglas is a very popular player and if they actually watched the Packers on SNF over the years, they should know who the guy is. If they don't know, they aren't Watching enough football

I mean he made a really nice INT against Allen last year...

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Not to sound rude, but if someone doesn't know a player and their abilities, they really shouldn't be commenting either positively or negatively about it.

what about generally positively hopeful posters......I recall some amazing free agent signings from Green Bay just sayin'... I'm sure you do too.

50 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

What, you’re telling me that the Bills haven’t played the Bengals yet? I thought that game was already over and that the Bengals put up 50 in a rout. 

On the bright side, our draft status will be greatly improved! It’s a bit nostalgic to be thinking draft by Halloween. Oh, those were the days……

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Remember only paper important is the paper contract written in and the paper of the money players get paid in.

Especially for next year. "Unguaranteed base salary" effectively means that the Bills get first negotiating rights. There are so many ways to change that number: outright cuts, pay cuts, extension, conversion to void years

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I love the fact that the Pack was not offering up this guy at all and it was Beane that made the call to see if they could get him. 

Have to wonder if the Packers wanted to do him a solid.

Locker room leader, a guy beloved in the community and having his best year to date..

However, he is 28 and likely not a part of their rebuild, so maybe they wanted to do right by him when Beane made the call. 

1 hour ago, muppy said:

Lol, people aren't saying that because innocent little flowers are coming to the thread saying "oh hmm, a trade! I can't say I've heard of this player, might you teach me?"

They are saying it because the usual suspects are saying "wow I never heard of this guy typical Beane! Bills suck!" 

It is a reasonable reaction to that sort of thing lol. 

Edited by Franco_92
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean he made a really nice INT against Allen last year...

Yes and many others. Like I said, if people watch enough football and I mean watch every week SNF and MNF since the Packers get a lot, you know who Rasul Douglas is. If you don't, you aren't watching enough 

57 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not sure if it's been posted, but here's the thread from r/NFL

Comments are interesting. A LOT of upset Packers fans, and a lot of happy NFC North fans. Seems like at least on paper, the Bills won this trade.

Yeah he's a great fit.

Doesn't help their lack of a WR2........and that's been a huge factor for teams reaching SB's for a long time now...........but they should get good play from Rasul next year as well so even if it's ultimately for naught this year Douglas isn't just a 1/2 season rental.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not sure if it's been posted, but here's the thread from r/NFL

Comments are interesting. A LOT of upset Packers fans, and a lot of happy NFC North fans. Seems like at least on paper, the Bills won this trade.

I don’t know that it’s really that we won. I think it’s two teams needing to do different things because their clubs are in different spots. 

I’m very happy with the deal, and Packers fans do seem bummed, but, if they were being honest with themselves, the 3rd and money savings will be better for the long run.  The Packers realistically have no shot at competing for anything meaningful during the years Douglas was signed for.  Win-win. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah he's a great fit.

Doesn't help their lack of a WR2........and that's been a huge factor for teams reaching SB's for a long time now...........but they should get good play from Rasul next year as well so even if it's ultimately for naught this year Douglas isn't just a 1/2 season rental.

Serious question:  what was your take on the play of Shakir and Gabe last Thursday, as well as Kincaid's productivity?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The talk this morning from the Packers reporter stating Douglas is a guy who should transition to Safety very well later in his career is pretty interesting..

I wondered that myself. It would seem a natural progression with his size and ability to pick off the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.