Root for a Cinci win to avoid desperation or a loss to avoid confidence/momentum

BillsFan619

19 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

I sometimes get conflicted on these two thought processes and was wondering what the board’s thoughts are.

I lean towards a loss against the 49ers but a wounded animal can be dangerous.

What are your thoughts?

Go Bills!

I am with you. We want them coming off a win. 

That said, I also think the Bills are viewing this as a big time revenge game.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They aren’t as well coached as the pats and their head coach didn’t design our whole offense also to be fair lol. If the last three games taught me anything it’s that most coaches are stubborn idiots that won’t adapt from what they like to do for their current opponent.  The giants and pats both sprinkled in a bunch of things that gave us trouble and Todd Bowles just completely abandoned it despite having more defensive talent than both lol 

the giants defense is kind of underrated also in my opinion…they have some absolute beasts on the defensive line but you’d never know it because their offense hangs them out to dry nearly every game..  I don’t think they’re far off this years bengals squad talent wise on defense 

tldr of this is division games are tough because of the familiarity, road division games are very tough, and the Brian Daboll giants essentially are a division game 

I can get behind all of this for sure. I think one thing I'd really like to see is the Bills not taking the foot off the gas. 

55 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am with you. We want them coming off a win. 

That said, I also think the Bills are viewing this as a big time revenge game.

If I am sick of hearing about the last couple of Bengals games, I know the Bills are REALLY SICK OF IT!  Now, let’s do something about it! 

19 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Cincy will have a sense of urgency regardless of whether they win or not. If they win they will still need to keep up with the three teams in their division that are in front of them that are currently 1-2 games ahead and will at best be even of 1 game ahead. If they lose they will be desperate to get back to .500. The urgency of the Bengals is high in either scenario. I am rooting for the Bengals to lose, a loss eats away at a teams confidence a win helps you gain confidence. You can see it with the Bills the last few weeks. After the Jags lost they played tight against a Giants team they should have been able to win comfortably against. That led to a tight performance against the Pats. The Bills played more confidently against the Bucs and got away with a win that was a bit tighter than it should have been. 

I think the Bills getting the "mini-bye" desperately need the few extra days rest. Josh's shoulder, Ed's toe, Morris's ankle, Von's long return from the ACL, and all the other dings that caused guys like Groot, Shaq and others to miss a game or be limited in practice get the chance to heal up a bit. 

Cincy has not played well most of the season, the Jets and Broncos home are very winnable games the only game that's tough is @ Philly. If the Bills can pull a minor upset against Philly 4-0 is legit possible. I would be fine with 3-1 as that puts the team at 8-4 going into the bye but if the Bills continue to get Shakir and Kincaid going on offense while maybe adding a reinforcement or two on defense via trade I don't see why 4-0 is that daunting. Get the win at Cincy and you can then see 4-0 being really a legit possiblity. 

I’ll be honest NO ONE impressed me on the schedule and I’m not afraid of any team

that being said - McDermott and the bills have been playing down to opponent a and I can’t trust them

they play like they did for 50 minutes against the Bucs - they go 4-0

They don’t show up they could go 1-3

would be nice for the bengals to lose and the locker room to start grumbling.  

Would be a great weekend if the chiefs, dolphins and Bengals all lost

I dont care as much about the ravens yet because I still feel like no matter their record...when we hit december they will have some issue that derails them...it seems they always do.

21 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

I sometimes get conflicted on these two thought processes and was wondering what the board’s thoughts are.

What are your thoughts?

Go Bills!

Always root for AFC opponent to lose. It’s pretty simple. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’m rooting for Cincy to get destroyed physically and on the scoreboard.

Yeah, let’s have some of these teams lose a few players that are the caliber of the players the Bills lost, and even it out a little bit.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/27/2023 at 3:54 PM, BillsFan619 said:

What are your thoughts?

Go Bills!

I don't care what they or the other 30 teams do or don't do.  All that matters is the Bills do what they need yo do in order to win a superbowl.  And this season is shaping up to be another one without the trophy. 

I see the Bengals being in a very similar position as us. Namely a team just trying to figure it out. I don’t think it mattered for either of us as far as how we play. Both teams could have won or lost this week and still be desperate. We will get both teams best.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 weeks in, we’re 1 play away from 4-4, but a couple plays away from 6-1. Even with the staggering brutal injuries already tearing into the team, we’re still among the best teams in the League. Granted, you couldn’t tell by visiting THIS place, but we are. Cincy is battling with the overall talent Leaguewide as well and dealing with injuries. Our best chance for postseason play is to win every game we’re competitive in. We can! (Stay healthy, Josh!)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Guess I'm greedy, but truthfully we are a couple of plays from being 8-0, but also a couple of plays from being 3-5.

Jets - Josh 2 underthrown passes int in Jets end zone

Jags - Daquan and Milano Injured, Defense gives up 35 yard run to Etienne.

Pats - Take the lead with 1:58 left, give up a 75 yard drive to one of the league's worst offenses, Gash run by Stevenson made entire drive plausible.

smh

21 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

I think cinci gets kicked in the teeth

san Fran’s defense is hungry and don’t think cinci comes out of that west coast trip without a fat lip 

I see cinci losing by two scores to a backup today just sent that good 

I agree, but Purdy cleared protocol and will start.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills have very recent history in Cincinnati with Damar Hamlins injury . It just brings me back thinking about it. That was such a unique rare event, add to it the TD by Andy Dalton and that whole beautiful scenario in Cinci to break the drought

I guess what Im trying to say is I will root against them 100 times out of 100 because they are Bills competition. I wish they weren't in our division . 

49ers by a million.

Edited by muppy

Live in Nor Cal now and two youngest kids are going to game.  I don’t mind the Niners but they can’t stand them as the two of them have to take so much crap being Bills fans. However, this is like the perfect game for them/us as you can cheer for niners as it is a game that helps Bills if they can get win. Look for kid in red Diggs jersey in nosebleeds when watching game. 

I have never been to stadium (supposed to go on MNF during Covid year). I hear it kinda sucks and traffic is horrible. Brothers and I went to Candlestick a decade ago or so to watch Bills get killed. Game was horrible but loved atmosphere of it. 

Go 49ers Go Bills. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.