TB / Buffalo Postgame thread

Simon

1 hour ago, boco357 said:

I wonder if the lack of under centerĀ  qb sneak is paranoia from that fumble vs Vikings last year.

I mean, we've done it multiple times this year.

Ā 

Wonder if not wanting to subject your $250M franchise quarterback to that kind of pounding when he has a bad shoulder has anything to factor in...

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Ā 

Everyone keeps wanting to put Diggs in the problematic category. At least this MFer cares. Itā€™s too bad Von didnā€™t have that heart. And unfortunately it seems like this year Josh doesnā€™t have that fire. I wish we had 5 more Diggs. The guy is the best WR the Bills have ever had and this guy cares. Love it. Do not ever get rid of this dude.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Everyone keeps wanting to put Diggs in the problematic category. At least this MFer cares. Itā€™s too bad Von didnā€™t have that heart. And unfortunately it seems like this year Josh doesnā€™t have that fire. I wish we had 5 more Diggs. The guy is the best WR the Bills have ever had and this guy cares. Love it. Do not ever get rid of this dude.

It's amazing how you can make something good about one player somehow a negative about two different players just an impressive amount of pessimism.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's amazing how you can make something good about one player somehow a negative about two different players just an impressive amount of pessimism.

Ā 

Von and Josh called a players-only meeting before this game, so it isn't like their leadership is lacking. I love Diggs fire and passion but no need to ***** on other players (and inaccurately so) to make a point about Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Great post until the bolded^

Ā 

The man is gutting out a shoulder injury and still is in the MVP conversation.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Is it actually? I didn't even know that.

Ā 

What is it AC joint sprain? (Grade 1?)

Ā 

I thought Deshaun had a subscap tear, unless thats a new injury for him

Youā€™re probably right. All I know is they Deshaun keeps getting medically cleared and not playing.Ā 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Great post until the bolded^

Ā 

The man is gutting out a shoulder injury and still is in the MVP conversation.Ā 

Listen I love Josh. Heā€™s the most important player in this teams history probably. When heā€™s running, heā€™s probably the best player in the league. I absolutely love him. Heā€™s just looked super dejected and borderline depressed on the sidelines this year. Not taking anything away from him as a player it just seems like heā€™s emotionally down.

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

To be honest I haven't seen a replay of the game. I just can't bare myself to watch it. Just too painful.Ā 

That's probably true too.Ā 

Watching that game actually explains what happened. Not excuses, but explains. Remember, the Bills had an earlier lead late in the fourth. After that, the Bills played tough and pressed them. Ā And Tyreek got lose for that long TD. The soft coverage during 13 seconds was a response to that. Again, not an excuse but rather an explanation. The Chiefs also had all 3 TOs. 13 seconds is not really 13 seconds if a team has all the TOs.

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Ā 

The one where we had flipped the field but penalties on punt returns flipped the field back in Tampas favor.Ā  Bass made his field goals, but was kickoffs were short.Ā  Maybe that was by design, I don't know.Ā  Coverage was good. Punts were excellent.

The Long Snaps were perfect, the kickers were perfect, kick coverage was great and the return game was exciting. Just because the refs suck, doesnā€™t mean we did. It was a crazy take.

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Watching that game actually explains what happened. Not excuses, but explains. Remember, the Bills had an earlier lead late in the fourth. After that, the Bills played tough and pressed them. Ā And Tyreek got lose for that long TD. The soft coverage during 13 seconds was a response to that. Again, not an excuse but rather an explanation. The Chiefs also had all 3 TOs. 13 seconds is not really 13 seconds if a team has all the TOs.

I cannot even comment on this. It sounds like an excuse if I ever heard one.Ā 

Ā 

The Chiefs had 2 plays to get into field goal range. The third play was the FG. There is no way that should have happened. Your response/ explanation falls very very very short.Ā 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

The Long Snaps were perfect, the kickers were perfect, kick coverage was great and the return game was exciting. Just because the refs suck, doesnā€™t mean we did. It was a crazy take.

Its a continuous problem to be called for a penalty on our punt returns. It literally flipped the field back in Tampaā€™s favor and instead of starting with good field position we started with bad field position. You can roll your eyes at me all you want for saying that but itā€™s true. I gave credit to where STs was good as well.Ā 

Edited by Scott7975

18 hours ago, Big Turk said:

former NFL WR Donte Stallworth claims the Bills D "executed the defense of the Hail Mary perfectly".Ā  But what the hell does he know?

Ā 

Ā 

FWIW McCourtey said the same thing on GMFB - that primarily what the DBs are trying to do is box out the receivers.Ā  Not sure if they are all supposed to fall down and look like a bunch of drunk dominos, but find it interesting former players are saying they did it right

This is an insufferable lot here.
Ā 

The Bills played a really good game. The offense looked like its old self, even better. We neutralized the Bucs offense, sans one 4th q drive due to a tickytack face mask.

Ā 

Yes, McDermott called a boneheaded time out. He probably shouldā€™ve been more aggressive instead of punting in the fourth quarter.

Ā 

But if we didnā€™t make the fourth down at the 50, a third of this lot wouldā€™ve complained about the decision and the another third wouldā€™ve complained about the play call. If it was a pass It shouldā€™ve been a run, if it was a run, It shouldā€™ve been a pass.

Ā 

Enjoy the win fellas. Our problems are fixable. No coach will be fired any time soon.Ā 

Edited by Just in Atlanta

15 minutes ago, stevewin said:

FWIW McCourtey said the same thing on GMFB - that primarily what the DBs are trying to do is box out the receivers.Ā  Not sure if they are all supposed to fall down and look like a bunch of drunk dominos, but find it interesting former players are saying they did it right

Ā 

Exactly - they're *former* player and probably not even *current* message boarders! :beer:Ā 

3 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

This is an insufferable lot here.
Ā 

The Bills played a really good game. The offense looked like its old self, even better. We neutralized the Bucs offense, sans one 4th q drive due to a tickytack face mask.

Ā 

Yes, McDermott called a boneheaded time out. He probably shouldā€™ve been more aggressive instead of punting in the fourth quarter.

Ā 

But if we didnā€™t make the fourth down at the 50, a third of this lot wouldā€™ve complained about the decision and the another third wouldā€™ve complained about the play call. If it was a pass It shouldā€™ve been a run, if it was a run, It shouldā€™ve been a pass.

Ā 

Enjoy the win fellas. Our problems are fixable. No coach will be fired any time soon.Ā 

Fans want certainty. They want blowouts and sure things. No team in the NFL is giving their fans that on a week-to-week basis this season. Most of the fans on here donā€™t know this because they donā€™t watch other games with the same level of scrutiny with which they watch Bills games. Hence the misery.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yup, no fire.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Its a continuous problem to be called for a penalty on our punt returns. It literally flipped the field back in Tampaā€™s favor and instead of starting with good field position we started with bad field position. You can roll your eyes at me all you want for saying that but itā€™s true. I gave credit to where STs was good as well.Ā 

Newsflash; weā€™re not alone on this issue. Ask every other team.

On 10/27/2023 at 12:09 AM, Dopey said:

I guess one play means the whole game, huh?šŸ™„

You can boil it down to 1 play if you want, but that would be a litlle....um, dopey.

On 10/26/2023 at 11:43 PM, Cray51 said:

Feel free to list them out, and I can list out the good plays, and then you can help determine what % of good to bad plays constitutes a good week for Dorsey. Ā Happy to dive into it if you want to put in any effort

Hardly worth the time.Ā  I will just point out all the bad ones to you going forward.Ā  DM's good?

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Newsflash; weā€™re not alone on this issue. Ask every other team.

Ā 

I don't care?Ā  What I care about is going from having the other team pinned inside their own 5 and getting the ball at midfield or better to getting the ball in our own redzone.Ā  Saying some other teams might have that problem doesn't change the fact that it's a problem.Ā  It hurts the team.Ā  We had the ball on their 23 and went back to our own 23.

Ā 

I didn't say our special teams sucked.Ā  I said that portion of our special teams sucked and it did.Ā Newsflash... it did. I guess in your book, no penalties are a problem because all teams get penalties.Ā  Ā 

Edited by Scott7975

On 10/26/2023 at 11:37 PM, Man with No Name said:

i thought von looked better today. on that last drive i thought he was maybe being held one play, and then was doubled on the next, opening up the middle for rousseau.Ā 

Ā 

didn't watch him on every play, but he did look like a player out there.Ā 

All he did was run straight up field. He has no strength in his legs to turn towards the QB. Unfortunately, Floyd was doing the same thing, so I have no idea what his excuse was.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.