TB / Buffalo Postgame thread

Simon

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

serious question about Neal. Has anyone seen him make a great ST play, like downing it near the goal line? I can think of many times He has whiffed on one of those.

Other than Lawson's blocked fg, ST had another disappointing night. The lack of discipline & coaching creates those 4th down penalties. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Alpo Chino said:

Keep the pedal down with the hurry up and go for it on 4th and 5 or less in other teams territory. This will be the way come end of season.

It definitely will be against teams not named the buccaneers….that’s why I’m not really connecting with this criticism tonight.  I will be right there with y’all if we’re punting in that situation against kc mark my words 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

Just saw the hail mary again.  I don't think I've seen any other team play it that way - I don't think there was a Bill who knew where the ball was. Most of the defenders were facing the back of the endzone.

Might want to practice that one a bit, McD.

I think they thought they had another 8 seconds before that mortar came back down

• Haha (+1) 1

I fully support the punt with 30 seconds left.  Make them drive the length of the field with 20 seconds.  They had a very low percentage chance of winning on that play.

Also how wierd was it that tb took 6 minutes off the clock on themselves in a 2 score game?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Every defense can when the clock is on your side…up 6 with 30 seconds left and the opponent has no timeouts and you have a pretty good chance to pin the ball deep is probably 99 out of 100 times a win at the very least

y’all just don’t have a handle on the game flow tonight it feels like.  Yea if it’s a high powered offense on the other side that can score quickly maybe you take some more risks on offense but it wasn’t 

The team is 2-1 in their last 3 games against bottom half teams. The Giants game should have been a loss too. So possibly 1-2 against not high powered Os. Any above avg O and they could be 0-3. The point being, the D is not up to snuff AND the rules favor offense so you have to do something to mitigate that as a coach. This idiot refuses to acknowledge that.

I’m not even advocating for going for it on that last 4th down but there were plenty of opportunities to put the game away earlier that he passed up. Being aggressive then is a way to mitigate the end game scenario.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, section122 said:

I fully support the punt with 30 seconds left.  Make them drive the length of the field with 20 seconds.  They had a very low percentage chance of winning on that play.

Also how wierd was it that tb took 6 minutes off the clock on themselves in a 2 score game?

Tb ran themselves straight out of the game and scored 8 points on complete lucky plays aided by an absolutely  blatant push off by evans.  Still didn’t have better than a 1/100 shot of winning it despite that 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Just saw the hail mary again.  I don't think I've seen any other team play it that way - I don't think there was a Bill who knew where the ball was. Most of the defenders were facing the back of the endzone.

Might want to practice that one a bit, McD.

That was awful. Seemed like all

the defenders had their back to the ball that was in the air. Nobody was tracking the ball to knock it down. Godwin was right there. Had he turned around 1 second sooner it’s TD and game over.  Practice that McDermott!

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It definitely will be against teams not named the buccaneers….that’s why I’m not really connecting with this criticism tonight.  I will be right there with y’all if we’re punting in that situation against kc mark my words 

Yeah I agree. They've shown to be aggressive on 4th down when playing KC before. But they should go ahead and instill that mentality and have it be an identity. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Those ST penalties were absolute killers….we were dominating the field position battle and just throwing it away 

When punt return took that second one in a row, I desperately wanted to see a sideline shot of McDermott to see if he was going full Popeye.

Just now, section122 said:

Agree on all of this.  And that punt almost landed on the 1, which would have been perfect.  But you have to punt there.  I might have been more aggressive on some of the punts earlier.

I thought both teams were bad at clock management. When we were up 14, we kept rushing up to the line, late in the 3rd and early in the 4th.  And why are we rushing to get a play off w/ 8 seconds left in the quarter?

But the Bucs did us a favor, and used the clock that we should have used.  I thought that was inexplicable down 2 scores.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

You are crazy to think Allen had a bad game. The stats say otherwise because the reality is otherwise.

75% completion

325 yards passing

2 pass TDs

1 INT

8 YPA

107 passer rating

41 yards rushing

1 rushing TD (that was actually difficult, not a tush push)

That would be the best game of the year for like half the QBs in the NFL. He was handcuffed in the second half by coaching.

I think josh had a good night, not amazing but good. You can tell he wasn't ecstatic about his performance post game. I felt like he didn't put the dagger in at the end of the game, like he played the first 80% of the game great but just needed that last push and a few drives sputtered. You could argue it was play calling but it just didn't feel like vintage josh there at the end. Just wanted to see him make a statement in the 4th and put them away.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm fine with 90% of it and those punts were the right call tonight against that particular offense, but he has got to stop with the ***** defensive timeouts, especially on 4th downs.

He can't help himself.  He thinks he's helping his D with those ridiculous last second TO's, when all it does is help your opponent.  Pure stupidity by Sean. 

• Like (+1) 1

Happy we won the game but man we should’ve had a comfortable 3+ score lead in this game if our coaches had some 🥜…inside your opponents 40 with less than 5 yards and a reeling TB d and your punt multiple times. We play to not lose and that won’t work against better competition. Also enough getting cute inside 2 yard line. Put Josh behind center no more shotgun gayness that close. I love how hard the players played. The o line was phenomenal, shakir, Kincaid and David were clutch and the D played hard the whole game but man McDermott and Dorsey are limiting this teams potential. They need to change quickly so we can get our groove back for a superbowl run 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.