Trade deadline needs what are your priorities

Xwnyer

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I have to disagree.  Based on options to play the position, sure.. but OLB is a far less important position to a modern NFL defense than DT or CB.

Yeah I'm sure if D Jones were still playing Williams/Dodson/Poyer would look much better at LB.  Think an improvement at DT would be the biggest help both in stopping the run and pressuring the QB, not letting him step up.

1 hour ago, stlbills13 said:

My priorities are to just go all in. The Chiefs look especially vulnerable this year. The Bengals got off to a slow start. The Ravens look good but still not positive Lamar can carry a team in the playoffs. The Jags actually look like a real threat but they still need to prove themselves. The Dolphins are good but will Tua hold up? Does the team hold up outside of Miami in January? The AFC is wide open. Take advantage and push it all in. The window is open as long as Josh Allen is the quarterback but just be willing to take some risks and improve the personnel

One thing you can on every year is the Ravens looking good in Sept and Oct.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Most teams do nothing. Most rumors come to naught.  Be prepared to throw your hands up and shout  PUNT!!!!! 

Not the case here… 

The Bills have been super active and can’t convince themselves that they are “good enough.” They signed Fournette and rumors swirling on Jaylon Johnson. They’re going to make moves. We will see if it matters.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's absolutely amazing the impact DQ had on this whole D.  Ed looked better,  the pass rush was getting home.  Matt & Terrell were flying around.  We desperately need a decent DT.  The remainder of this season with Phillips, Settle & Ford will be unwatchable.  I'd even take Suh or Harry.

If our entire season was dependent on an oft-injured DT, then McDermott and Beane should actually be fired.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I thought Settle and Ford were supposed to be good.  The board was all excited for both of those guys. Under the radar  signings or something.  Instead, they've turned out to be next to worthless so far.   So, while I'd sort of hate to waste even more resources at the position, DT does seem to be our biggest area of need at this point.  Not sure who is available, but if they go this route, I'd like to see us go all in and flip a high pick or two to grab a stud that can anchor the line for a few years next to Ed. 

I'd also feel more comfortable about our chances if we could also bring in a competent zone corner. I've always been a Dane Jackson fan, but his deficiencies just seem more apparent to me this year.  But maybe that's just a function of the D being depleted on the whole.

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I thought Settle and Ford were supposed to be good.  The board was all excited for both of those guys. Under the radar  signings or something.  Instead, they've turned out to be next to worthless so far.   So, while I'd sort of hate to waste even more resources at the position, DT does seem to be our biggest area of need at this point.  Not sure who is available, but if they go this route, I'd like to see us go all in and flip a high pick or two to grab a stud that can anchor the line for a few years next to Ed. 

I'd also feel more comfortable about our chances if we could also bring in a competent zone corner. I've always been a Dane Jackson fan, but his deficiencies just seem more apparent to me this year.  But maybe that's just a function of the D being depleted on the whole.

sign Donkey Kong tomorrow hopefully

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's absolutely amazing the impact DQ had on this whole D.  Ed looked better,  the pass rush was getting home.  Matt & Terrell were flying around.  We desperately need a decent DT.  The remainder of this season with Phillips, Settle & Ford will be unwatchable.  I'd even take Suh or Harry.

I agree…… I just don’t think there’s any chance of getting a DT that was playing as good as Daquan.  Dude was playing at a top 5 level before his injury.  He was really wrecking ball this season

A few offensive players I’d love our team to go after if it didn’t cost much are:

1. Deandre Hopkins (I’d give up a 5th rounder and they eat some of the contract)

2. Saquan Barkley (swap James Cook who has 3 years left on his contract for Barkeys expiring expensive contract and we have our guy to get us to the SB)

3. Josh Jacobs (same as Barkley but would rather have Barkley as he is the better pass catching option)

4. Devante Adams (this one could be a stretch as he’s owed a lot of money still but he wants out of Vegas no matter what he says so may not cost much)

also I think Daboll should kick the tires on trading Daniel Jones to the Vikings. Vikes want to make a playoff push and Jones is a decent QB when healthy to compete in that division for years to come. Dabs gets a top 5 pick at QB that he can mold the way he did with Josh

Lastly I like the idea of getting CB Johnson from the bears but this is a LOADED draft class so I don’t want to get rid of too many assets. A 2025 second or 3rd rounder sure. And I’d love a big run stuffing DT but those aren’t coming cheap. But Aaron Donald or Vita vea are available I’m trying to get them

9 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

A few offensive players I’d love our team to go after if it didn’t cost much are:

1. Deandre Hopkins (I’d give up a 5th rounder and they eat some of the contract)

2. Saquan Barkley (swap James Cook who has 3 years left on his contract for Barkeys expiring expensive contract and we have our guy to get us to the SB)

3. Josh Jacobs (same as Barkley but would rather have Barkley as he is the better pass catching option)

4. Devante Adams (this one could be a stretch as he’s owed a lot of money still but he wants out of Vegas no matter what he says so may not cost much)

also I think Daboll should kick the tires on trading Daniel Jones to the Vikings. Vikes want to make a playoff push and Jones is a decent QB when healthy to compete in that division for years to come. Dabs gets a top 5 pick at QB that he can mold the way he did with Josh

Lastly I like the idea of getting CB Johnson from the bears but this is a LOADED draft class so I don’t want to get rid of too many assets. A 2025 second or 3rd rounder sure. And I’d love a big run stuffing DT but those aren’t coming cheap. But Aaron Donald or Vita vea are available I’m trying to get them

None of those guys are available except johnson

1) Adams, if he’s available 

2) Jaylon Johnson 

3) Billings or Suh

4) Linebacker 

If we go defense, I’d hope it’s a two-part move.. say a trade for Johnson & signing Suh. 

We’re either going to have to light people up on offense or fix the defense to a level that they are a Top 8 unit again.  That would take more than one trade/signing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is futile... the Bills are clearly not going to make a move to go for it and win the Super Bowl. My wife even questions why in the hell Beane just sits on his hands as others make moves before I even say a damn thing. Go ahead Beane, prove us wrong. Dare you! 😵

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.