Damien Harris Update Thread

FireChans

I know the game and the Bills performance was so bad, it's understandably what we all wanted to discuss.  But I thought it was important to start a thread for Harris, who was unfortunately stretchered off and for any new updates as they come out on his condition. Hoping we hear good news shortly.

"Buffalo Bills running back Damien Harris was placed on a stretcher and taken off the field in an ambulance after suffering a neck injury during Sunday night’s game against the New York Giants in Orchard Park, N.Y.

Harris “has movement in his arms and legs,” the Bills announced soon after he left the stadium, adding that he was being taken to a hospital for further testing. Harris gave a thumbs-up with his left hand before being placed in the ambulance."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/10/15/damien-harris-injury-update-bills/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I hope he is ok. I met him and Mac Jones at Gillette once. They both came out to watch the HS Super Bowl game being played (my daughters HS team was in it) at Gillette. I was in the first row by the entrance way they were at and well yelled down. He was pretty cool as was Jones (it was his rookie year.) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

After the hit he was still pumping his legs trying to get the 1st. I think if it was serious he would have just collapsed. Probably a stinger. I got my medical degree from the school of hard knocks having had multiple concussions and stingers myself

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, Success said:

Just read that he was released from the hospital - he has pain in his neck, but "otherwise is going to be fine."  Another report said it's a neck sprain.

Best possible news if true, imo.

Yup, probably misses a week or two to be safe but should be good...hit just looked awkward

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Just read that he was released from the hospital - he has pain in his neck, but "otherwise is going to be fine."  Another report said it's a neck sprain.

Wakes up from the Hospital, I had the weirdest dream it was 3rd and inches and I took the hand off from shotgun and ran it up the middle and that's the last thing I remember.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Most likely a STINGER or sometimes called a BURNER.

Temporary paralysis 

Think it's more than a stinger. Cam Lewis went out with a stinger last night. Those are quick and temporary.

Harris's injury seems more like either a neck muscle sprain or a micro-fracture vertebrae. Something more than a stinger, but not a spinal cord injury.

edit: seeing now it's being reported as a strain/sprain. That makes sense. And luckily, not too bad.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 2

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

Anybody else notice Josh looking pretty teary eyed after the game..... no excuses, however, these dudes absolutely have some lingering ptsd. id bet the ambulance put a lot of these guys right back to where they were in Cinci

I do not think josh was teary eyed over an ugly win

I think they are still fatigued from that stinking trip to Europe.

Josh’s last words to the interview lady “Let’s go home”

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Most likely a STINGER or sometimes called a BURNER.

Temporary paralysis 

Sounds like that was the case if he walked out of the hospital today with nothing more than an achy neck. It really freaked me out when he suddenly went limp on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

He must be married and have a mother-in-law.  Trust me.  He will not be fine.  

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Anybody else notice Josh looking pretty teary eyed after the game..... no excuses, however, these dudes absolutely have some lingering ptsd. id bet the ambulance put a lot of these guys right back to where they were in Cinci

I do not think josh was teary eyed over an ugly win

Not saying its this but Josh looked pale/sick pregame to me...I have no insider info, but wondering if he's still jet-lagged/fighting off an illness.

Maybe it was the ambulance/PTSD from Hamlin, but he had the same look to me before the game started.

He's gone from "overhyped" to "underhyped", not sure if it's a change to his pregame routine, but he doesn't have that same intense look these past 2 weeks.  

Either way, hopefully Damien continues to get good news/fast recovery.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.