This Team WAS The Best in the NFL

ProcessTruster

9 minutes ago, Success said:

I see a lot of these sentiments today.  

It's how it feels today - but it's not reality.  This will STILL be a top team and be a contender for the title even if the worst is true.  Milano is a great player - but our D is deep, and strong.  

The offense is going to have to win games in the playoffs. They looked really bad today. Complete opposite of last week. 

7 minutes ago, Success said:

I see a lot of these sentiments today.  

It's how it feels today - but it's not reality.  This will STILL be a top team and be a contender for the title even if the worst is true.  Milano is a great player - but our D is deep, and strong.  

It’s not just Milano. It’s Jones (if he had a torn pec), and White. 

There just aren’t replacements for those guys.

Teams are going to run all over us, and dominate time of possession the rest of the year. Jones was our run D. Of course we have a chance as long as we have Allen, but I think it is significantly diminished now.

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Ok. But deep enough to overcome starting CB. Starting MLB (all pro), and starting DT? Cuz that’s what we’re looking at. 

and don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble, but Von played but was sat out for what looked like much of the 2nd half. With all the injuries and people going down, being short everywhere, guys taking oxygen, etc. and he was nowhere to be found. So one would ask, is it because that was the plan all along? Did he feel some pain, or have hesitations? Idk. Let’s hope it’s nothing more than the general plan. 

Sure seems like an insurmountable task. You just can't lose those kind of quality starters. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

To know we really don’t know how good this team is when it is fully operational is the worst thing. 
Even still they can beat anyone in the league when you have 17 all things are possible. 

17 didn't carry the team today. Just saying...

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The loss today was on the scoreboard was minimal, the Super Bowl ramifications, not so much. Once again, the Bills had the best team in the NFL and will have to wait yet another year to get healthy to win it all.

they will make the playoffs,  and maybe even win the division, but they don’t have the manpower to win the whole thing.

Who knows what this team looks like next year but it just sucks to know that we will never see the full capabilities of a team that I believe was the best in the NFL this year. 

Seems like the Bills are the only top team that suffers devastating injuries to star players every single year. It's becoming ridiculous. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Adapt and overcome. No other way. Josh Allen is good enough to take over and win games when needed.

D is not going from top 3 in NFL to like 27th.

Probably will be middle of the pack now. That's still good enough.

17 didn't do enough today. He didn't carry the team, he didn't look special, he didn't look elite, he didn't make any special plays, etc ..

He was pretty average today. 

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nfl gods taking another dump on our faces.  Winning Super Bowls involves so much luck.  It’s never been on our side.  

No and they (he) never will. God hates this team. We're cursed. Winning regular season games becomes empty without a viable team to go all the way. After so many events you can't say "bad luck" anymore. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

17 didn't do enough today. He didn't carry the team, he didn't look special, he didn't look elite, he didn't make any special plays, etc ..

360 yards and 3tds not good enough for you?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

LMAO...he looked better than Tua 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No and they (he) never will. God hates this team. We're cursed. Winning regular season games becomes empty without a viable team to go all the way. After so many events you can't say "bad luck" anymore. 

I don’t say bad luck.  Just hoping for some good luck 

We are five games into the season and we already have lost two of our top defensive players (White and Milano) for the year (if not longer), and maybe a third (Jones).  The defense will be negatively impacted for the rest of the season and the offense will need to be prolific to overcome these injuries.  The offense wasn't today.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No its not.

Did you think we didn’t do the broken leg/torn knee ligament stretch or something?

These have been impact or non-contact injuries.  This isn’t on the training staff.

Apparently the training staff needs to give every player bionic implants 

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

17 didn't carry the team today. Just saying...

Checks notes as sees he had 357 yards and 3 TDs. He can’t catch the ball for Davis and Knox and considering he was the Bills leading rusher with 23 yards. That is the definition of making a team one dimensional as Cook, Murray, and Williams didn’t get it done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Jests fans will feel no pity for us over injuries, nor will anyone else... and that's fine.  It's only week five and as others have posted, every team will have to deal with this at some point.  I know we won't just replace White or Milano, but it is what it is.  We still have our star QB and lots of talent on this roster.  In a few weeks, we will be back to threads talking about #1 seeds and the MVP race again.

I don't like to go to other teams' fan forums, but was curious what Jagoff fans were posting.

They are most excited but lamenting that their defense, while getting it done today, isn't "elite"... and one poster wanted to point out that Ridley made clutch catches today, calling it "redemption".  Another guy asked if everyone was back on board after saying that their team sucked a couple of weeks ago.

Sound familiar?  This will be us again after a win against the Giants next week.  It's an up and down season and this week, we're in the valley.

4 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Oh, there is zero shot we get the bye...division is seriously in question with the mounting injuries on D.  Chiefs will get the bye and an easy divisional match-up...then just have to play one good game and they're back in the Super Bowl.  The new Patriots...same as the old Patriots.

The Chiefs play in a weak division and win like 90 percent of the close games .. Seem  to get some help from the refs when needed.. don’t see this changing anytime soon 

The Josh Allen Bills might never get the No 1 seed … injuries or not 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

360 yards and 3tds not good enough for you?

It wasn't good enough. The offense struggled the whole game including Allen. Out of sync, no real momentum, and not dynamic or explosive. 

Most of those stats were near the end of the game where it was too little two late. 

Those two long plays to Diggs should have been TDs if Allen was more accurate. Diggs was wide wide wide open. Elite QBs have to convert those passes into TDs. 

I don't know how you could think Allen played well after watching this game? Don't get me wrong, the whole offense sucked and it's not just on Allen.

However, people here want to talk about Allen carrying the team. He certainly didn't do that today. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I’d start there and work my way up. These injuries should be prevented. 

The trainers didn’t strengthen Milano’s bone enough to prevent a 300 lbs rolling on his leg and breaking it?  

What exercise or stretch prevents 300 lbs coming on you?

You are really reaching.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

It wasn't good enough. The offense struggled the whole game including Allen. Out of sync, no real momentum, and not dynamic or explosive. 

Most of those stats were near the end of the game where it was too little two late. 

Those two long plays to Diggs should have been TDs if Allen was more accurate. Diggs was wide wide wide open. Elite QBs have to convert those passes into TDs. 

I don't know how you could think Allen played well after watching this game? Don't get me wrong, the whole offense sucked and it's not just on Allen.

However, people here want to talk about Allen carrying the team. He certainly didn't do that today. 

He was the leading rusher with 23 yards yes he did 

5 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

Jests fans will feel no pity for us over injuries, nor will anyone else... and that's fine.  It's only week five and as others have posted, every team will have to deal with this at some point.  I know we won't just replace White or Milano, but it is what it is.  We still have our star QB and lots of talent on this roster.  In a few weeks, we will be back to threads talking about #1 seeds and the MVP race again.

I don't like to go to other teams' fan forums, but was curious what Jagoff fans were posting.

They are most excited but lamenting that their defense, while getting it done today, isn't "elite"... and one poster wanted to point out that Ridley made clutch catches today, calling it "redemption".  Another guy asked if everyone was back on board after saying that their team sucked a couple of weeks ago.

Sound familiar?  This will be us again after a win against the Giants next week.  It's an up and down season and this week, we're in the valley.

Our own fans are underestimating how good this team is, imo.

Williams did alright today. He's not Milano (of course), but McD seems to know how to coach up LB's and CB's and get the most out of those positions.  

It was kind of amazing how well the D did today considering how many guys were out. And we're getting most of the injured guys back; who knows - maybe all of 'em.  Really hoping that it's just a fracture for Milano, but if not, like another poster said - it's not like we're going to drop from a top 5 D to bottom of the pack or anything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

referring to all the injuries as a whole. I agree, broken bones can’t be prevented. 

This isn’t the Milano thread. Refer to OP. 

If injuries can easily be prevented, then there would be no injuries.  

But you think torn ligaments and muscle can be prevented.  That means it should never happen but yet it does to every team.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

referring to all the injuries as a whole. I agree, broken bones can’t be prevented. 

This isn’t the Milano thread. Refer to OP. 

Seemed like OP was referring to losing Milano and Jones today

What killed the Bills defense today more than injuries was way too many easy 3rd and long pass conversions.

The secondary looks to me the biggest concern.  Our starting Safeties are looking their age.  With the exception of Bedford who was out today the outside corners are rarely in position to make a play on the ball.  Beane needs to go to work Monday morning and investigate options.  And do we think after two major injuries Tre is gong to come back anywhere near 100%

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

24 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Where do you get this team was the best in the NFL? 

They lost to a bad Jets team. Beat bad teams in the Raiders and Commanders. Only good win was the Dolphins. 

San Fran and Philly are light years better than Buffalo. KC just wins every year. They are better. Cinci when Burrow gets healthy will be better. 

Bills are a very good team. They got much worse after today's injuries. 

Looks like another wasted opportunity. 

How did the eagles do vs the commanders?

Please point me to their "good win."

You're not even a good troll. At least be funny or something once in a while. You're just a dumb***.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I can't take Bills seriously as superbowl contenders if they can't back themselves to get 2 yards when it's needed. All the big plays are majestic as hell, but if you can't go and get two yards when you need it, you're not elite. You're asking for too many things to go your way too often. 

Eagles last year were the masters of this. 2 yards out they couldn't miss. It ground opponents down. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The league shafted us out of a Super Bowl berth today. The body clock experiment disadvantage was huge.  Could’ve led to some of those injuries, the turf, whatever.  September AFC champions, it was fun for a while there. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

You're not even a good troll. At least be funny or something once in a while. You're just a dumb***.

Really dude? Philly went to the SB last year. They haven't lost a game and aren't hitting their stride yet. 

They have a dynamic offense and coaching staff. One of the best olines in the league with a dynamic WR combo. 

What are you smoking? 

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Finally, someone says it. It's been pretty obvious since day 1. Just wonder who this person is really a fan of. I am thinking Patriots.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.