Why weren’t the Bills allowed to play on the grass?

Virgil

The stadium is a grass stadium, yet we were forced to play on turf; which was apparently very hard.  

To make things worse, we may have lost some key players for the season as a result.  This has nothing to do with outcome of the game.  

Add in the NFLPA calling for grass fields, yet the NFL prioritizes their cash cow London games over player safety.  

If I’m the Bills, I lost a home game to that?  

If the Pegulas could, I’d hope they tell league to ***** off to future neutral site games 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Jacksonville didn’t seem to have any injury issues on it.

Reminds me of the Bengals playoffs game where we were slipping and sliding all over the place but the Bengals ran just fine.

Because it’s not an exact science.  They could have just as easily been injured 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Einstein said:

Reminds me of the Bengals playoffs game where we were slipping and sliding all over the place but the Bengals ran just fine.

The big issue is the Bills were sleep walking. That arriving early on Friday was the biggest problem. Stupid decision. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This. Injuries happen. We had a lot of luck years past and now that’s regressing. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Big C said:

This. Injuries happen. We had a lot of luck years past and now that’s regressing. 

In a big way to, honestly I know injuries happen but the season enders are just awful luck. Allot of teams suffer injuries and guys come back but for us it seems when a guy goes down he goes really down as in see you next year.

I heard someone say earlier this week that the premiere league won’t let the grass be used for anything other than their games. There have been issues in the past with the fields being ripped up too much after an NFL game. If that’s the case, the NFL gave the premiere league way too much leverage. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The stadium is a grass stadium, yet we were forced to play on turf; which was apparently very hard.  

To make things worse, we may have lost some key players for the season as a result.  This has nothing to do with outcome of the game.  

Add in the NFLPA calling for grass fields, yet the NFL prioritizes their cash cow London games over player safety.  

If the Pegulas could, I’d hope they tell league to ***** off to future neutral site games 

Tell Goodell to go F off.  This incessant goal for greed completely contradicts any semblance for player safety.  I'd never agree to an international game again.

7 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I heard someone say earlier this week that the premiere league won’t let the grass be used for anything other than their games. There have been issues in the past with the fields being ripped up too much after an NFL game. If that’s the case, the NFL gave the premiere league way too much leverage. 

If they're not going to let us use grass than tell these wankers to f off.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I posted concern the other day. The soccer field is 3 feet above the stadium foundation and the football field is on a rubber mat on concrete. 

It sucked. And it sucks more for the season than it does this individual game. 

• Like (+1) 3

I feel sorry for the fans that traveled to London.  They were great today; they showed up and were loud.  I want to stay excited for the giants game next week (driving up there from Virginia with a group) but it’s hard with the letdown today and all the injuries.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Because it’s not an exact science.  They could have just as easily been injured 

Exaclty. Its not science so blaming the field when both teams played on it is not a solid conclusion. 

It's likely 90% bad luck, 5% bad technique, and 5% the surface whether that is turf or frozen grass.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Einstein said:

They may have also switched footwear this week after playing there last week?

Idk, purely speculation.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Cleat selection, I was thinking.... had to have been considering the one sided nature of the injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Cleat selection, I was thinking.... had to have been considering the one sided nature of the injuries.

Thats what I was guessing but I don’t know much about that domain so I didn’t want to sound like an idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

The big issue is the Bills were sleep walking. That arriving early on Friday was the biggest problem. Stupid decision. 

This is why I dislike McDermott..he has a long list of very questionable decisions as HC...as a DC I love him not as a HC though

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, cgang said:

I feel sorry for the fans that traveled to London.  They were great today; they showed up and were loud.  I want to stay excited for the giants game next week (driving up there from Virginia with a group) but it’s hard with the letdown today and all the injuries.  

Hats off to the amazing Bills fans in London today.  With that said I hope the Bills don't have to make this stupid trip for a very long time.

• Agree 1

I remember 2 seasons ago when people were praising our training staff because we were relatively healthy all year with the exception of Tre’s ACL.

If they deserved credit for player health, do they deserve criticism for the last season plus 5 games of injuries?

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

I dot wanna compare myself to a world class athlete, but when I traveled to San Diego, it took me 3 full days before I felt back to normal. Bills shouldve left on Monday, not Thursday 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I dot wanna compare myself to a world class athlete, but when I traveled to San Diego, it took me 3 full days before I felt back to normal. Bills shouldve left on Monday, not Thursday 

I've taken a few red eyes back from Vegas. And I was a pos for a few days.  

46 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

This is why I dislike McDermott..he has a long list of very questionable decisions as HC...as a DC I love him not as a HC though

Yeah, they should have touched down Wednesday. Practice Thursday & Friday, walk throughs on Saturday and be ready Sunday. 

Friday travel is nuts. One day rest essentially. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yes.

36 minutes ago, arcane said:

I was under the assumption all week we were playing on elite grass. Are you saying that we could have played on that but soccer said no, so we played on ***** turf? Is that really what happened? 

I guess it is more important that they wont have paint over the blue endzones. Money is more important than safety.

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

If the Bills home field was natural grass,  these complaints might hold water, but when they play on turf at their home field (and have for decades), I don't get the complaints.

Edited by loyal2dagame

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.