Groot ruled out😑

JerseyBills

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Can't overlook opponents in the NFL. 

We need to stop penciling in wins, as it's never that easy. Commanders just got blown out by the Bears (who everyone thought was the worst team in the league), Cowboys lost to the Cardinals, we lost to the Zach Wilson Jets... and never forget losing 9-6 to Urban Meyer Jags. 

Sure, it'd be nice for players dealing with injuries to take a couple games off against "easy" opponents, but there's no doubt in my mind that Daboll is going to want his team sharp against his former team.

There is always a chance for an upset, but I just can't see the Giants beating the Bills with that OL. In their 2 home games so far this year they have been outscored by a 64-3 margin. The Giants are in the running for the worst team in the league. For the entire season they have played only one competitive half of football which was the 2nd half vs the Cards. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Hate losing a guy like him for the game, but rather it be early in the season than late/playoffs. AJE has been playing well. I sort of expect more Lawson on early downs and AJE in pass situations. As well as he's been playing he's still a liability in the run game and the Jags can run the ball. 

Wasn’t aware GR was a liability in the run game ?

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This sucks. If I remember this is his 3rd foot injury. Hopefully this is not a chronic issue. He was not the same player when he came back from injury last year. Someone posted a pic showing Oliver falling on the ankle. 

A player landed on his foot/ankle separate from other injuries. Can’t see as chronic. This stuff happens. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because that's the only thing that determines a real injury or not.

LOL.  As we all know, ligaments and tendons can take longer to heal and require longer rehab, than broken bones.

Well, it's not just that.  They may not know 100% if there's a fracture yet.  Our resident ortho surgeon could tell us more here.  But it's my understanding that certain fractures, such as Lisfranc injuries, are suspected when there's something equivalent to a crush injury (such as 300 lbs of Ed Oliver landing on the top of Groot's foot).  I've heard that these are difficult to detect on x-ray initially - like 50/50 - and possibly even hard to pick up by MRI while there's swelling.  So part of the waiting game may be "did he actually break something and we can't see it yet?".  In a couple weeks when the swelling goes down and repair starts, small fractures can be seen more easily as a bright white line of new bone forming. 

(That's probably what happened with Beasley's ribs, btw - the fractures likely couldn't be seen initially especially if covered by a good pad of muscle.  But after they started healing, then they could be seen.  But by then he'd been playing, so it was going to be hard to make him sit down)

23 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

If it isn’t broken or torn then no excuses. 

6 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I mean a QB who needs a UCL to throw actually played. But ya. 

As a troll, you are neither interesting or enticing.  You need to put in more effort to have more effect.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay by this response, Micah Hyde had no excuse not playing through a herniated disc in his neck.

I just want to make sure I understand.

People work with herniated discs all the time. I know several in construction doing it as we speak. I mean I get it, it’s a risky injury, so maybe just retire and not risk it anymore. 

It’s a tough game for tough peaople. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean sure it meant he could have become paralyzed and there was no way the team was going to put him on the field that way but sure he should have played. 🙄

There is a chance anyone of us can become paralyzed driving home from work. It’s always a risk. Look at Damar. 

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay by this response, Micah Hyde had no excuse not playing through a herniated disc in his neck.

I just want to make sure I understand.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean sure it meant he could have become paralyzed and there was no way the team was going to put him on the field that way but sure he should have played. 🙄

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This is just mind numbingly stupid.

Of course it's mind-numbingly stupid.  You're talking to a troll, and one who is not putting in the effort to be intriguing, entertaining, or enticing.

Why are you guys feeding the troll?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Groot out. Miller in. 

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I actually wish the Bills would utilize the full 3 weeks to get Von back into game shape…rather have healthy for playoffs…

TBH, I don't know WHAT to make of Von Miller's pressers.

Says there's a "94.5%" chance that he plays.

Also says he's not in "game shape" and there's no substitute for the physical contact of training camp and games, that he's going to be "dipping his toe in"

-is Von trying to force McDermott's hand into making him a game active via the "court of public opinion", especially with Groot ruled out?

-is Groot's injury worse than announced?  I have missed what McDermott is calling it - is it "day to day" or "week to week"?

-or is this Gamesmanship by McDermott?  Von Miller has some unique pass-rush moves and tendencies, and if Von is talking like he'll play, the Jaguars OL needs to study them and the game plan needs to account for him

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

TBH, I don't know WHAT to make of Von Miller's pressers.

Says there's a "94.5%" chance that he plays.

Also says he's not in "game shape" and there's no substitute for the physical contact of training camp and games, that he's going to be "dipping his toe in"

-is Von trying to force McDermott's hand into making him a game active via the "court of public opinion", especially with Groot ruled out?

-is Groot's injury worse than announced?  I have missed what McDermott is calling it - is it "day to day" or "week to week"?

-or is this Gamesmanship by McDermott?  Von Miller has some unique pass-rush moves and tendencies, and if Von is talking like he'll play, the Jaguars OL needs to study them and the game plan needs to account for him

Definitely a bizarre statement when Von Miller said there was a 94.5% chance. Maybe he wants to screw w/ peoples heads on purpose. Either way, It’s a good thing and it gives the Jags coaching staff more to plan for. 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

even with Miller playing, he's gotta be on a snap count.  Really, I'd rather Miller sit it out.  We still have Floyd, AJ, Oliver, and Lawson.  That's a really good starting line.  

Von was cleared before Beane put him on PUP. I imagine these last 4 weeks he’s been working on his conditioning, but being in shape is quite different than being in game shape. If he can play - and by all accounts he’s fully healthy - then he needs to be out there stacking reps and getting his game feet back under him. I agree with the pitch count, don’t agree with holding him out if he’s physically able and 100% ready to go “just because.”

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1710263471428731122?s=20

Officially ruled out which sucks, dude has been balling.  AJ and Kingsley need to step up if Von is also out

Also tried changing x to Twitter and still won't embed. I'm on phone btw

Damn....groot has quickly become one of my favorite players on the D line. 

Epenesa has been balling too....now is his time to shine. 

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Groot out. Miller in. 

If I had 1 million bucks I would bet it on Von Miller not playing

4 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Definitely a bizarre statement when Von Miller said there was a 94.5% chance. Maybe he wants to screw w/ peoples heads on purpose. Either way, It’s a good thing and it gives the Jags coaching staff more to plan for. 

He also said a lot of things in that press conference that make me think he’s not going to play

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2023 at 8:39 AM, MJS said:

Doesn't work for me either. Maybe some phones just don't get along with TBD for some reason.

Same.

@JerseyBills

I think I figured it out. When you copy the link you need to copy it from the address bar or from the button that says "copy link"... not from the share button. When you copy from the share button and paste it, it automatically inserts it as a hyper link. 

And when you paste a hyper link it will not embed the tweet itself. 

What you want to have happen is the tweet address paste as a plain text without displaying itself as a link. That way, whe you hit enter, it embeds and displays the tweet instead of remaining as a hyper link...

• Like (+1) 1

I'd rather he not play. If I'm Jacksonville and I see Miller come into the game, I'm attacking him right away. He's not in game shape and would more likely be a liability out there, even for a few snaps.

On 10/6/2023 at 8:28 AM, Beast said:

Down the French guy and Tre. 

Up steps Von and Elam.

It’s nice to have depth.

Remember what Marv used to say about depth? It's a great to have, until you need to use it...guess we'll find out tomorrow.

On 10/6/2023 at 9:04 AM, Lost said:

Von seemed to think he had insider information that he was going to play on Sunday so I'm okay with this.  He said on his Voncast this week that he's 90% sure fans will see him play in London.

Von is often wrong when he's 100% sure of things.

On 10/6/2023 at 8:27 AM, GunnerBill said:

That is a blow. Maybe they activate Von?

Even if active, what can we really expect from him? 

He'd surely get limited snaps too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.