Around the NFL Week 4

aristocrat

9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Just tuned in to NBC for the Jests game and they had an extended opening which seemed to be all about Taylor Swift (had the sound muted). WTH?! What a joke. Football fans do not care one bit about TS. Give me an effin break.

Considering who the Chiefs are playing they're probably hoping to key in on a different market with how lopsided this might get.

I just wanted to say I heard the term "quarter pole" twice on the radio today. First, Greg Papa, the 49'ers play-by-play guy said that in his analysis of how the season has gone for the team so far. Then on Fox Sports Radio, someone I am not familiar with also used that term after today's games (probably heard it on the Brian Noe and George Wrighster show). Well, it's not the "quarter pole" yet but the "3/4-pole" approximately (? I guess it depends on how long a horse race is), since quarter pole refers to the horse race when there is 1/4 of a mile left.

I want to thank @4merper4mer for mentioning this last year. I was not even familiar with the term, but it remained with me all this time. I learned something new then!

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

So nice to wake up and this AM the Cheaters still a miserable trash franchise with fat miserable cheating POS legacy-tarnished HC and miserable trash POS benched QB

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

here's my hot take: I think Aaron Rodgers is going to play later this season

Who cares...coming off an Achilles injury he will be a shell of his former self for a while...every dropback will cause him to have to plant on that leg.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Who cares...coming off an Achilles injury he will be a shell of his former self for a while...every dropback will cause him to have to plant on that leg.

I care from a general football fan interest standpoint. The Jets will be sunk by then anyway, standings wise

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

My way to early hot take: CJ Stroud is a franchise QB and Bryce Young is not.

Bryce Young looks tiny to me, and seems like one good hit would break him in half

Stroud is doing great and Richardson has had some moments as well. Young looks bad so far. 

Carolina had their pick and took the 1 guy out of the three that isn't doing anything. Yet. Of course, it's early. 

37 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Highly highly unlikely. 

For him to come back not only would his rehab have to go historically good, the Jets would have to still be relevant. He's not coming back this season risking further injury behind that trash line if the Jets are 4-10ish.

45 minutes ago, Beast said:

Real tough guy beating up a guy that can’t even stand.

The Raiders fan put hands on him first.  The Chargers fan did hit him, but also laid off until the guy kept coming back.  Idiots on both sides, but the Raiders fan's buddies/family should be stopping him.  Without context of what started the altercation, what was he supposed to do?

If you can't maintain a level of decency because you feel the need to get stumbling drunk at a game, then don't go to a game.

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

So nice to wake up and this AM the Cheaters still a miserable trash franchise with fat miserable cheating POS legacy-tarnished HC and miserable trash POS benched QB

A trash franchise with 6 Super Bowls?  They are obviously bad right now, and probably will be into the near future, but come on now.

Edited by cle23
  • Eyeroll 2

17 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The Raiders fan put hands on him first.  The Chargers fan did hit him, but also laid off until the guy kept coming back.  Idiots on both sides, but the Raiders fan's buddies/family should be stopping him.  Without context of what started the altercation, what was he supposed to do?

If you can't maintain a level of decency because you feel the need to get stumbling drunk at a game, then don't go to a game.

A trash franchise with 6 Super Bowls?  They are obviously bad right now, and probably will be into the near future, but come on now.

What was he supposed to do? I don’t know, walk away and get security? Novel idea I know.

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Fixed that for you: Who cares...coming off an Achilles injury he will be a shell of his former self for the rest of his life...every dropback will cause him to have to plant on that leg.

Nobody is ever the same athletically after an achilles tear. There have been a couple players who've still been decent like Crabtree, but never what they were before. It's a death sentence for 90+% of players. A 40yr old QB? Toast. Look back at Marino post-achilles, that'll be Rodgers if he even decides to play again.

3 hours ago, Beast said:

What was he supposed to do? I don’t know, walk away and get security? Novel idea I know.

Right, I don't disagree with that, but that changes a bit when the other guy puts his hands on him.  No one should be putting their hands on anyone. Why is the Charger's fan a "tough guy" when the other guy started the physical altercation.  

Just now, cle23 said:

Right, I don't disagree with that, but that changes a bit when the other guy puts his hands on him.  No one should be putting their hands on anyone. Why is the Charger's fan a "tough guy" when the other guy started the physical altercation.  

Because the guy could hardly freaking stand. Why am I even responding to you about such an obvious matter I have no idea.

Didn't see a MNF Week 4 thread and I don't want to start one, but I'm starting to think that just before Joe Buck and Troy Aikman went on the air for the first time, Aikman caught Buck in the Men's room and grabbed him by the coat lapels and said, "I'm a G**D*** Hall of Famer. I don't care what you say during the broadcasts, but you dam well better mention me as Hall of Famer at the start of every broadcast."

(edited for wording)

Edited by Fleezoid
  • Haha (+1) 2

feels like the giants are going to get manhandled again.  They have looked like the JV squad all year because they do not do the small things well and have been awful on defense.

did the giants center get injured on the first play of the game?

Edited by MikePJ76

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.