Around the NFL Week 4

aristocrat

9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Just tuned in to NBC for the Jests game and they had an extended opening which seemed to be all about Taylor Swift (had the sound muted). WTH?! What a joke. Football fans do not care one bit about TS. Give me an effin break.

Considering who the Chiefs are playing they're probably hoping to key in on a different market with how lopsided this might get.

I just wanted to say I heard the term "quarter pole" twice on the radio today. First, Greg Papa, the 49'ers play-by-play guy said that in his analysis of how the season has gone for the team so far. Then on Fox Sports Radio, someone I am not familiar with also used that term after today's games (probably heard it on the Brian Noe and George Wrighster show). Well, it's not the "quarter pole" yet but the "3/4-pole" approximately (? I guess it depends on how long a horse race is), since quarter pole refers to the horse race when there is 1/4 of a mile left.

I want to thank @4merper4mer for mentioning this last year. I was not even familiar with the term, but it remained with me all this time. I learned something new then!

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

So nice to wake up and this AM the Cheaters still a miserable trash franchise with fat miserable cheating POS legacy-tarnished HC and miserable trash POS benched QB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.