What's on Your Grill for Tomorrow's Dolphins Game?

HIT BY SPIKES

Can't get dolphin to cook up here in Canada.

Damn you Flipper!!!!

I so pumped for tomorrow's season defining game that I decided to do the cooking today and concentrate on beveraging tomorrow.

I had two sizeable chunks of Red Tuna that I was going to smoke on the Big Green Egg but decided to grill them instead.  Overcooked them a little -- not purple in the centre -- so I chopped sweet onions and celery and mixed the flaked up tuna with mayo and fresh ground pepper to make tuna salad for sandwiches tomorrow.

I did smoke two Pork Bellies and a Beef Tenderloin wrapped in a lb. of bacon.  Worked out great!!!  Sliced up the beef for more sandwiches.  Also sliced up the "bacon" for BLTs tomorrow morning featuring garden tomatoes.

Steamed 2 lbs. mussels as well that I topped with a fish broth based sauce but it looks like the wife finished them off so none left for tomorrow's game.

The three dogs won out with the bacon and pork fat being mixed into their kibble.

What's on your menu for tomorrow?

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Damn you Skippy!!!!

I so pumped for tomorrow's season defining game that I decided to do the cooking today and concentrate on beveraging tomorrow.

I had two sizeable chunks of Red Tuna that I was going to smoke on the Big Green Egg but decided to grill them instead.  Overcooked them a little -- not purple in the centre -- so I chopped sweet onions and celery and mixed the flaked up tuna with mayo and fresh ground pepper to make tuna salad for sandwiches tomorrow.

I did smoke two Pork Bellies and a Beef Tenderloin wrapped in a lb. of bacon.  Worked out great!!!  Sliced up the beef for more sandwiches.  Also sliced up the "bacon" for BLTs tomorrow morning featuring garden tomatoes.

Steamed 2 lbs. mussels as well that I topped with a fish broth based sauce but it looks like the wife finished them off so none left for tomorrow's game.

The three dogs won out with the bacon and pork fat being mixed into their kibble.

I’m a northerner as well, but I’m thinking I’m in a much lower tax bracket than yourself just judging from that amazing menu you’ve put together lol.

I’m more in the what’s on sale at no frills menu… going with slow cooked smoked habanero beef ribs and chilli.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Damn you Skippy!!!!

So ya get the next best thing dolphin fins.

Yes there is a real 🐟 🐠 that is named 🐬 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Damn you Skippy!!!!

My invite must have gotten lost in the mail . . . Maybe another time?!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If anyone is having beef on weck, I recommend Miller's Homestyle horseradish, from Lockport N.Y.  I recently had a relative from the States bring a jar to a family gathering.  I have not had a horseradish as powerful as that since the 1980s.  I am surprised the Miller's is not regulated by the Bureau of ATF. 😳

(It might be a shameless plug, but sweet fancy Moses, it's potent!)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If anyone is having beef on weck, I recommend Miller's Homestyle horseradish, from Lockport N.Y.  I recently had a relative from the States bring a jar to a family gathering.  I have not had a horseradish as powerful as that since the 1980s.  I am surprised the Miller's is not regulated by the ATF. 😳

(It might be a shameless plug, but sweet fancy Moses, it's potent!)

I have some labelled "Extra Hot" however I suspect it is nothing compared to the stuff you recommend.

Just now, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I have some labelled "Extra Hot" however I suspect it is nothing compared to the stuff you recommend.

I have been disappointed with the 'extra hot' jars I have tried.  Going back a few years, a coworker claimed that damp growing seasons lessened the strength.  There were a few Canadian brands that were once 'fire in a jar', but lost their strength, whether by root strength or preparation, I do not know.  This jar of Miller's might need EPA approval. 🤔😁

• Like (+1) 1

We will be celebrating my BDay (a bit early), but our granddaughter is turning one. In addition to a couple of cards for me there is a house full of things for one year old girls. 

But the wife says she’s got food covered. Our son’s in-laws are coming, so it can’t be TOO crappy!   😂 

But seriously, how am I supposed to do THIS game, AND a one year old birthday party? Some things are best not mixed, I say. But I’ll do my best! 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Augie said:

We will be celebrating my BDay (a bit early), but our granddaughter is turning one. In addition to a couple of cards for me there is a house full of things for one year old girls. 

But the wife says she’s got food covered. Our son’s in-laws are coming, so it can’t be TOO crappy!   😂 

But seriously, how am I supposed to do THIS game, AND a one year old birthday party? Some things are best not mixed, I say. But I’ll do my best! 

1 year old birthday parties don’t count.  She won’t remember you ignoring her for a couple hours.  Your fam understands your love of the Bills. Sit in front of the TV and watch the bills squish the fish unapologetically.   Shower her with love and attention before the game, halftime and afterwards.  

happy birthday to you too Augie! 🥂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

Flank steak, Italian sausage and sweet corn. Been in the food biz for quite a while got a neat secret for you i stumbled on https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0881XTCR3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Takes beef and Venison to a whole other level👍

What's the storage like for that? Hard to top meat butter 

15 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Damn you Flipper!!!!

Can you get Mahi Mahi? Which is dolphin fish? That be perfect for a Bills fans when facing the Phins.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.