Around the NFL Week 3

HappyDays

8 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Are the Chiefs going to challenge the Dolphins 70?

Ā 

The late games are abysmal this week and next - on paper, they seem between average to poor teams or potential blowouts.

Ā 

Looks to me like the Chiefs are indeed going for that. Ā ā€œ70 points? Ā Hold My Beer, Dolphins!ā€

Ā 

And if Mahomes knee is injured in the final seconds of the half where theyā€™re already up 31-0, just trying to rack up more points I never wish for any player to be injured but that would be ā€œKarmaā€™s a Beyothch, Reidā€

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Are they trying to Major League it, like so what if they built us to lose?

"Tanking" happens at the shirt and tie level. They may not be active filling the roster with the best talent they can find.

Ā 

But absolutely NO player is on board to lose. No coach is trying to lose. They play hard.

Ā 

Even players that aren't going to be with the team next year NEED to put good stuff on film so someone will give them a job next year. And do you think a player is overjoyed to lose and have their replacement drafted?Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

"Tanking" happens at the shirt and tie level. They may not be active filling the roster with the best talent they can find.

Ā 

But absolutely NO player is on board to lose. No coach is trying to lose. They play hard.

Ā 

Even players that aren't going to be with the team next year NEED to put good stuff on film so someone will give them a job next year. And do you think a player is overjoyed to lose and have their replacement drafted?Ā 

Thereā€™s plenty of uninspired play by high paid guys during the second half of blow out losses. Plenty.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Dolphins put up 70 pts; Andy Reid says hold my beer!

I wonder if any team has a chance to run it up and bury Denver would do so because of Paytonā€™s arrogance and comments about a fellow coach (Hackett) breaking the code. Additionally the Broncos looked like they gave up perhaps Payton has lost the locker room because he basically insulted all the returning players multiple times to the public/media.
Ā 

I didnā€™t mind seeing them get 70 put on them.

Edited by iccrewman112
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Miami has been looking unstoppable. I hate to say it, but I think Tua is the real deal. His accuracy is on another level and he played well without Waddle. Their run game is also lethal w/ the Mostert/Ahmed/Achane trio. Their defense is not as good as ours though, but theyā€™re no slouches on the field. Itā€™s going to be a huge test for the Bills. Thank God the game is in Buffalo.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm "nervous" about this game. Seriously can this years Bills hang with that offense?Ā 

Ā 

As we saw vs the Jets, Josh Allen can have a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day some times.

Ā 

Bear in mind the Phins won 36-34 against the Chargers on a late 4Q TD, and 24-17 against the Patriots. Ā 

Ā 

Is the Phins offense legit good? Ā Yes. Ā But is it the unstoppable juggernaut it appeared to be today, or is Denver just really truly awful?

• Agree 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Miami has been looking unstoppable. I hate to say it, but I think Tua is the real deal. His accuracy is on another level and he played well without Waddle. Their run game is also lethal w/ the Mostert/Ahmed/Achane trio. Their defense is not as good as ours though, but theyā€™re no slouches on the field. Itā€™s going to be a huge test for the Bills. Thank God the game is in Buffalo.Ā 

Their defense is garbageĀ 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bills are on 37-3ā€¦The Bears are about to be behind 41-0 with a QB who looks hopeless.Ā 
I bet Tremaine Edmunds checks his bank account and thinks thatā€™s fine with me.Ā 

The key point to me is that the guy who replaced Edmunds made more game changing plays in one afternoon than I can recall Edmunds making in his entire Bills career.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ā 

As we saw vs the Jets, Josh Allen can have a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day some times.

Ā 

Bear in mind the Phins won 36-34 against the Chargers on a late 4Q TD, and 24-17 against the Patriots. Ā 

Ā 

Is the Phins offense legit good? Ā Yes. Ā But is it the unstoppable juggernaut it appeared to be today, or is Denver just really truly awful?

All very good questions. Maybe I just do t feel like hearing about the dolphins all week lol. Or I dread what it will be like to watch a beatdown next week. I think my nerves come from not having a real offensive plan. The Bills O just still looks kinda bad. Dare I say like last year if not worse. We'll wait and see on that.Ā 

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The Dolphins offense was looking amazing last year too, didn't look as good against us. Now we're in our second season of having seen McDaniel's offense, I like our chances of finding a way to slow them down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.