Stop blaming Josh Allen

Bills Bud

Fans, players and his own coaches bashing him is not a good look. You are going to drive him out of town. He is the best QB we ever had imo, definitely since Jim Kelly. I blame the coaches, we need an offensive minded head coach. Imagine if Kyle Shannan had Josh Allen, we need a guy like that. That’s the only way we will finally get that Super Bowl, defense doesn’t win championships anymore. McDermott has to go!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 13
  • Eyeroll 11
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 12
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Bills Bud said:

Fans, players and his own coaches bashing him is not a good look. You are going to drive him out of town. He is the best QB we ever had imo, definitely since Jim Kelly. I blame the coaches, we need an offensive minded head coach. Imagine if Kyle Shannan had Josh Allen, we need a guy like that. That’s the only way we will finally get that Super Bowl, defense doesn’t win championships anymore. McDermott has to go!

He turned the ball over 4 times. He's going to get blamed for that.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

Buffalo will always be the perfect place for Allen and he knows that. Hes not going anywhere. He’s a big boy and can handle some criticism for an obviously horrible game. 

Edited by whorlnut
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Without doubt. But some of the online stuff - from Bills fans - has gone SO far beyond that.

It's like many fans have amnesia about how much the dude has done for us over the years, and how many games he won pretty much on his own.  I've been pretty disgusted by the tone of some of the posts here & elsewhere.  They make him sound like a complete bum.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Stop babying him…he’s a grown adult who should be able to take criticism…

If I were the coach, I would even take it a step further…Whenever he starts to melt down again, I would sit him for a series- give him time to cool off and get his head right before completely imploding, and hurting the team…👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Fine.  But there is also keeping things in perspective.  The shrill and hysteric response by much of the national media and a lot of Bills fans goes way beyond the simple observation that Allen played poorly and we lost the game as a result.

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If I were the coach, I would even take it a step further…Whenever he starts to melt down again, I would sit him for a series- give him time to cool off and get his head right before completely imploding, and hurting the team…👍

This is terrible advice.  No one is saying Allen shouldn't be criticized for Monday night's performance but the level of criticism is off the carts.  As for making him sit for a series, I can't think of a worst thing you could do to a starting QB in the NFL.  You want to ruin Allen in Buffalo do exactly as you suggest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Fine.  But there is also keeping things in perspective.  The shrill and hysteric response by much of the national media and a lot of Bills fans goes way beyond the simple observation that Allen played poorly and we lost the game as a result.

I’ve been high enough on Allen that I think he’s the most naturally talented QB in the NFL, but due to those gifts, that’s also why he’s receiving the harsh criticism this week…

The typical talking head nonsense was going to come regardless.   They have a clickbait job to do. 

What he’s getting that’s different is the old “I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed” vibe aimed at him from some of the more nuanced and respectable talking heads. 

The fact he is so talented, but (so far) just doesn’t seem to get it.   He does whatever he wants to do with zero regard for his body and/or what he does to hurt the team when he gets bored or frustrated. 

That’s not professional QB’ing.  That’s immature and selfish. 

It’s on him to change it.  Apparently nobody, except maybe Daboll, can get through to him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

It's like many fans have amnesia about how much the dude has done for us over the years, and how many games he won pretty much on his own.  

I’ve said the same thing many times the last few days. He’s won many more games for us than he ever lost (on his own). There’s even PFF stats on this topic. Game winning drives. Comeback wins. Etc. People naturally were waiting seven months for perfection on the first game (like last year’s Rams game). Wasn’t in the cards this year. Let him get in a groove. The last thing we want is for Allen to climax too early. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

When he’s great- he’s praised.

When he sucks and loses games singlehandedly-  he’s ridiculed.  

that’s life, if he can’t deal with that, kick rocks. Luckily, he can deal with it.  He understands that he stunk and deserves to get ripped.  He’s his own biggest critic 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’d call nothing but running plays for 6 plays straight and say you wanna hand off the rest of the game or stop being stupid? Choice is yours. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is terrible advice.  No one is saying Allen shouldn't be criticized for Monday night's performance but the level of criticism is off the carts.  As for making him sit for a series, I can't think of a worst thing you could do to a starting QB in the NFL.  You want to ruin Allen in Buffalo do exactly as you suggest.

If that ruins Allen, he’s not the guy to lead us to the promised land…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

he played like an idiot and lost the game and knows it. 

they had a 2 score lead at halftime. If they ran the wildcat every down the second half milk the clock and play field position, they are winning that game. 

they only needed to not turnover the ball 3 times despite all the other mistakes 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

BTW what's the end game of all the over the top blame being laid on Allen?  I get that for the sports media it's clicks, eye balls and controversy. They'll move on in a heart beat and go after the next high profile guy that screws up.  But what's the end game for Bills fans in doing this?

You don't think Allen isn't fully aware of his shortcomings?  How is bashing Allen beyond noting that he had a terrible game accomplish anything?  Some Bills "fans" are going after Allen for a lot more then the fact he had a bad game.  Is this confirmation of draft night 2018 when some of you said Allen sucked and we blew it by not drafting Rosen?  Is this a measure of vindication for your bad take back then?

If Allen's struggles Monday night are a sign of a deeper and persistent problem then we're screwed.  Welcome to 10 more years of football purgatory.  And the way some of you go after Allen you have to believe just that or why post what you do.  Okay, fine.  I happen to disagree with you but at least have the courage of your convictions. If the things you claim about Allen are true then you should be advocating that the Bills look to trade him.  Currently Allen's value is very high, dozens of teams would happily give up their next three years of 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round picks to get him.

But all I see is constant carping about a guy whose BODY OF WORK is fantastic placing him as the 2nd best QB to ever wear a Bills uniform.  And the best QB to wear a Bills uniform, one Jim Kelly, had games every bit as bad as Allen did Monday night during the SB years.

I have no problem with those that criticize Allen after a bad game.  But what we're seeing on 2BD is insane. 

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’d call nothing but running plays for 6 plays straight and say you wanna hand off the rest of the game or stop being stupid? Choice is yours. 

Exactly…It’s time the coaches start doing more than just talking…Clearly, the talking isn’t working…

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If that ruins Allen, he’s not the guy to lead us to the promised land…

Yanking Allen after a bad play sitting hm for a series then putting him in again and then repeating when necessary would pretty much ruin any QB. In fact Belicheck tried exactly that last season and how did that go?

And I didn't say it would necessarily ruin Allen as a QB.  I said it would ruin him as a QB IN BUFFALO. Doing what you're suggesting would sour Allen on the Bills and rightfully so.  At that point why not trade him for all you can get. Let him go somewhere else and win a Super Bowl or two.

Thankfully the Bills management & coaches are not insane and would not do something like this.

23 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Literally you and a few others are screaming into the void that everyone should leave Brittany alone.  

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Allen will be fine. He is probably his most harshest critic. You can tell he wants it so bad that it gets him into trouble. Not worried about him handling the criticism.

he will probably play flawlessly next week. You just never know when sugar high Josh comes back

• Agree 1

Game had five awful plays in regulation:

1. Int by allen
  2. Int by allen
  3. fumble by allen
  4. 83 yard defensive collapse
  5. Bad decision to decline a penalty and concede 3 points to to the Jets

There was also another interception by allen that had the same consequencence as if he had thrown it way, and then we punted.  Didn't really alter the game. 

Despite these five awful plays the team played well enough to tie the game in regulation.  
In a fact based world, Allens regulation performance resulted in a tie.  To reiterate, at the end of regulation the game was tied. This cannot be disputed.  All of the turnovers and other bad plays did not lead to a win.  It also did not lead to a loss. 

The overtime was a complete shitshow, the team choked massively and the team lost the game collectively. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CoudyBills said:

Literally you and a few others are screaming into the void that everyone should leave Brittany alone.  

What the hell are you talking about?  Am I missing something here? Do you or don't you think the criticism of Allen has been over the top and excessive?  Do you or don't you think benching Allen when he screws up for a series is a terrible idea?

Sorry I'm not willing to join the lynch Allen crowd.  It was one freaking game.  If it continues we're screwed and there's nothing we can do about it.  But my guess is that we might see, at most 1 or 2 more games like this while most of Allen's games this season will be prime examples of elite QB play.  Just like we've seen over the last THREE SEASONS.

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ve been high enough on Allen that I think he’s the most naturally talented QB in the NFL, but due to those gifts, that’s also why he’s receiving the harsh criticism this week…

The typical talking head nonsense was going to come regardless.   They have a clickbait job to do. 

What he’s getting that’s different is the old “I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed” vibe aimed at him from some of the more nuanced and respectable talking heads. 

The fact he is so talented, but (so far) just doesn’t seem to get it.   He does whatever he wants to do with zero regard for his body and/or what he does to hurt the team when he gets bored or frustrated. 

That’s not professional QB’ing.  That’s immature and selfish. 

It’s on him to change it.  Apparently nobody, except maybe Daboll, can get through to him. 

I agree with this assessment 100%, just not at this time, if we’re sitting at 5-5 at the mid point and he’s got more of these performances on the resume then ok,the kid has a history of rebounding and not allowing a bad game become a slide.

32 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

LOL this is so overdramatic. Josh makes $250M dollars.  He can handle a little criticism.  Besides he knows what his role is on the team and that he can’t lose games like that.  He has a few hundred million reasons not to leave Buffalo. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

BTW what's the end game of all the over the top blame being laid on Allen?  I get that for the sports media it's clicks, eye balls and controversy. They'll move on in a heart beat and go after the next high profile guy that screws up.  But what's the end game for Bills fans in doing this?

You don't think Allen isn't fully aware of his shortcomings?  How is bashing Allen beyond noting that he had a terrible game accomplish anything?  Some Bills "fans" are going after Allen for a lot more then the fact he had a bad game.  Is this confirmation of draft night 2018 when some of you said Allen sucked and we blew it by not drafting Rosen?  Is this a measure of vindication for your bad take back then?

If Allen's struggles Monday night are a sign of a deeper and persistent problem then we're screwed.  Welcome to 10 more years of football purgatory.  And the way some of you go after Allen you have to believe just that or why post what you do.  Okay, fine.  I happen to disagree with you but at least have the courage of your convictions. If the things you claim about Allen are true then you should be advocating that the Bills look to trade him.  Currently Allen's value is very high, dozens of teams would happily give up their next three years of 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round picks to get him.

But all I see is constant carping about a guy whose BODY OF WORK is fantastic placing him as the 2nd best QB to ever wear a Bills uniform.  And the best QB to wear a Bills uniform, one Jim Kelly, had games every bit as bad as Allen did Monday night during the SB years.

I have no problem with those that criticize Allen after a bad game.  But what we're seeing on 2BD is insane. 

I’d trade him to Arizona for both of their firsts this year. 

that’s about all I would trade him for though 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Success said:

Without doubt. But some of the online stuff - from Bills fans - has gone SO far beyond that.

It's like many fans have amnesia about how much the dude has done for us over the years, and how many games he won pretty much on his own.  I've been pretty disgusted by the tone of some of the posts here & elsewhere.  They make him sound like a complete bum.

Great post

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Game had five awful plays in regulation:

1. Int by allen
  2. Int by allen
  3. fumble by allen
  4. 83 yard defensive collapse
  5. Bad decision to decline a penalty and concede 3 points to to the Jets

There was also another interception by allen that had the same consequencence as if he had thrown it way, and then we punted.  Didn't really alter the game. 

Despite these five awful plays the team played well enough to tie the game in regulation.  
In a fact based world, Allens regulation performance resulted in a tie.  To reiterate, at the end of regulation the game was tied. This cannot be disputed.  All of the turnovers and other bad plays did not lead to a win.  It also did not lead to a loss. 

The overtime was a complete shitshow, the team choked massively and the team lost the game collectively. 

Yes the bills offense produced the same points as the Zack Wilson led jets. That’s a moral victory all right 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

What the hell are you talking about?  Am I missing something here? Do you or don't you think the criticism of Allen has been over the top and excessive?  Do you or don't you think benching Allen when he screws up for a series is a terrible idea?

Sorry I'm not willing to join the lynch Allen crowd.  It was one freaking game.  If it continues we're screwed and there's nothing we can do about it.  But my guess is that we might see, at most 1 or 2 more games like this while most of Allen's games this season will be prime examples of elite QB play.  Just like we've seen over the last THREE SEASONS.

The most Billsy thing in history would be for the Josh Allen to end up with the right Sean (McVay) and go on to winning multiple championships, while the other Sean processes us into the divisional round of the playoffs year after year, Marty Shottenheimer or Dan Reeves style.  Since the Bills are the NFL all time leaders in Billsyness, I can't preclude this or a similar situation from happening in the future. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Allen will be fine. He is probably his most harshest critic. You can tell he wants it so bad that it gets him into trouble. Not worried about him handling the criticism.

But aren't you/we getting tired of the " I screwed up and this is all on me" press conferences?🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

The most Billsy thing in history would be for the Josh Allen to end up with the right Sean (McVay) and go on to winning multiple championships, while the other Sean processes us into the divisional round of the playoffs year after year, Marty Shottenheimer or Dan Reeves style.  Since the Bills are the NFL all time leaders in Billsyness, I can't preclude this or a similar situation from happening in the future. 

41 pass attempts is Martyball? maybe in 2-3 games 😂 

Funny… 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I agree.  Now I'm with those on 2BD who believe this is not in the cards because the Bills are not stupid and they highly value Allen.  Unless something really strange or dumb happens Allen is here for the vast majority of his career. 

I'm just challenging those that are trashing Allen and painting the guy in such a bleak light to have the courage of their convictions.  If I believed the things that some of these posters are saying then I would advocate trading Allen while his value is off the charts.  Because GOING BY WHAT THEY'RE SAYING, Allen is the next Jamison Winston or Carson Wentz.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.