Sam Martin's tackle attempt on the punt return TD in OT.

Livinginthepast

Not that this matters one iota, because at this position in the field they would have been in easy FG range but Sam Martins attempt to tackle Gipson's punt return in OT might go down as one of the most embarrassing whiffs by a kicker to tackle that I've ever seen.  What on earth is he doing here? A front shove? Maybe head the guy off so someone else can tackle him or hit his legs but that? You have to laugh at the comedy of errors last night was!

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Really? Did it even matter at that point? Come on, people! 

I stated that at the start. But if Martin makes the tackle of forces the Jet player to be tackled, the Jets might screw something up in the plays that follow. Like Josh's fumble vs Minnesota at the goal line last year, anything is possible. 

• Eyeroll 1

This punt gave me flashbacks to Shawn Powell on Thursday Night Football against the Browns back when EJ was QB and was hurt during the game. Line drive 40 yard in air punt right down the middle of the field. Needed something to flip the field and he we get that. Hilarious to watch core special team players whiff or not even come close to the guy. 

Whats Matt Araiza doing?

Edited by Bagwell358
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Bagwell358 said:

This punt gave me flashbacks to Shawn Powell on Thursday Night Football against the Browns back when EJ was QB and was hurt during the game. Line drive 40 yard in air punt right down the middle of the field. Needed something to flip the field and he we get that. Hilarious to watch core special team players whiff or not even come close to the guy. 

Whats Matt Araiza doing?

Honestly, would love Matt back here.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Not that this matters one iota, because at this position in the field they would have been in easy FG range but Sam Martins attempt to tackle Gipson's punt return in OT might go down as one of the most embarrassing whiffs by a kicker to tackle that I've ever seen.  What on earth is he doing here? A front shove? Maybe head the guy off so someone else can tackle him or hit his legs but that? You have to laugh at the comedy of errors last night was!

It was pretty comical as he decided to live for another day.  It was over by then,,,unless they had called the missed leg whip. Good thing BEDFORD did his BEBEE ON LETT effort to save those 4 points. That’s inspiring, but lost in all the Allen debacle. Kind of like dons effort was lost in that 52-17 mess. But i there in Pasadena with my seats right on that goal line , just down the line tho across the field. Best memory of my trip going out there !  DONS description of that play is something to hear as its his best SB MEMORY, better than the win with Green Bay. Too bad no one wanted to be a hero with a forced fumble last night! 

2 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

It was pretty comical as he decided to live for another day.  It was over by then,,,unless they had called the missed leg whip. Good thing BEDFORD did his BEBEE ON LETT effort to save those 4 points. That’s inspiring, but lost in all the Allen debacle. Kind of like dons effort was lost in that 52-17 mess. But i there in Pasadena with my seats right on that goal line , just down the line tho across the field. Best memory of my trip going out there !  DONS description of that play is something to hear as its his best SB MEMORY, better than the win with Green Bay. Too bad no one wanted to be a hero with a forced fumble last night! 

That SB was such an utter horror show for the Bills. Aside from parts of the first quarter, that might have been the only slight positive. So glad that Beebe won with the Packers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.