We will never win anything with McD here

HomeskillitMoorman

12 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Window slammed shut with that clown running the circus. So glad he took over the defense. Breece Hall over 100 yards on 2 carries. Great job Sean. 

That is really on Trey White...He whiffed on the tackles badly.  He had an extremely poor game

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I genuinely wonder if we would get rid of Dorsey mid season, or even early in the season.

I wouldn't have thought we would, but it might become a necessity.

This team is SLOPPY and that's all on coaching.

There is no way McD gets rid of Dorsey.  McD is a very loyal person.  Only chance is if pegulas fire McD which I doubt.

I know this topic is common trend but initially I didn’t think Daboll leaving would be that detrimental to Josh’s play but after certain key games last year and this debacle maybe he would of in fact been the better option to make a HC here or give him more seniority? Assistant HC?

Some things just work. Josh and Daboll definitely were a great symbiosis. 

Edited by BBFL

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The defense gave up one TD on a miracle catch.  They gave up a few chunk plays.  One bad ST play.  Cook looked good.  Diggs looked great.  Kincaid showed promise.  The team did not quit in the second half.  One player played incredibly poorly.   One.  

Oh just stop. It is his fault.

Bullsh**....the entire Offensive Line played horrible.  That's a huge part of the problem.  It's not all on Allen.  I agree that the rest of the skilled players looked very good but I also think the Defense looked soft in the 2nd half.  

• Disagree 2

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Bullsh**....the entire Offensive Line played horrible.  That's a huge part of the problem.  It's not all on Allen.  I agree that the rest of the skilled players looked very good but I also think the Defense looked soft in the 2nd half.  

It really didn't. Against a very good front it held up reasonably well for the most part. Josh bailed at least 5 or 6 clean pockets. He thinks he is under more duress than he is. 

If it isn't so sad to see this board implode... it would be comical...and I'll say it is for Miami, NE, Jets fans. They gotta be loving life right now. Bills fans hate it.

Fire everyone...Dorsey, McD, Beane... trade Allen...

So the team has problems, run defense at ILB...secondary with players getting older. O line still has issues. 

The Jets have the best secondary in the NFL and it was kinda of dumb to keep throwing into it. 

Just relax, it's week one.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It really didn't. Against a very good front it held up reasonably well for the most part. Josh bailed at least 5 or 6 clean pockets. He thinks he is under more duress than he is. 

Disagree.  Spencer Brown looked like he played the game on a pair of Roller Blades.  The other guys had their struggles throughout the night too.  Yes I get the Jets have a damn good Defensive line but there's no way your getting to a Super Bowl with the quality of O-line play we got tonight...and yes Josh looked bad too of course

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

That may be true about the oline but not many teams have a defense like the Jets.  You need to get the ball out quick...which we did at times...but then Josh got greedy.  And when Rodgers went out the D got even more fired up, putting the game on their backs.

5 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

When you turn the ball over 4 times, you’re the most to blame by far.  Was him dropping the snap and then trying to run with it on the offensive line too?  That was embarrassingly bad.

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Disagree.  Spencer Brown looked like he played the game on a pair of Roller Blades.  The other guys had their struggles throughout the night too.  Yes I get the Jets have a damn good Defensive line but there's no way your getting to a Super Bowl with the quality of O-line play we got tonight...and yes Josh looked bad too of course

Honestly watch it back. Brown had like 3 really bad snaps. Morse had a couple. McGovern had 1. But for the most part the oline was doing enough to just about hold up. Battling is asses off against a talented front. And Josh kept running out of clean pockets. 

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

You are going to expect the best DL to get pressure.  Allen has got happy feet and made it look much more under pressure than he actually was.  His pocket movement has regressed…he just bails now.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Honestly watch it back. Brown had like 3 really bad snaps. Morse had a couple. McGovern had 1. But for the most part the oline was doing enough to just about hold up. Battling is asses off against a talented front. And Josh kept running out of clean pockets. 

Fair enough.  I'll probably watch it again later in the week but gonna need a few days off in between to digest what I just saw.  I get Josh played bad...and I get there were guys who looked good but it still felt like a team meltdown in the 2nd half to me.

We will win plenty of regular season games, but I agree, we will not be hoisting a Lombardi trophy under McDermott’s watch.

It would have been impossible for ownership to pull off and not be ridiculed endlessly if it didn’t work out, but Daboll should be our head coach right now.

It is no coincidence that Josh has looked the way Josh has looked since Daboll left.

Been saying it since the first KC playoff loss when he kept kicking field goals. McDermott is a dinosaur in the coaching world. On top of that, he has zero presence and is afraid of his own shadow. They should have gotten rid of him and promoted Daboll at the very least. Failing that, booting him this off season and hiring Ben Johnson would have been a big upgrade. And yes, the Bills are never winning it all with that feeble coward on the sidelines. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You are going to expect the best DL to get pressure.  Allen has got happy feet and made it look much more under pressure than he actually was.  His pocket movement has regressed…he just bails now.

Allen is certainly a big part of the problem...but I still feel like there has to be a bigger overall picture going on for him to regress THIS bad.  I feel like the Offensive line has regressed a little bit each year since the 2020 season we made it to the AFC Championship game and I think the loss of Daboll at OC is contributing.  I'm not giving Allen a free pass but I find it hard to believe he just woke up one day and completely forgot how to play football 

12 minutes ago, ganesh said:

That is really on Trey White...He whiffed on the tackles badly.  He had an extremely poor game

I hate drafting cb's in the first two rounds, they  are a dime a dozen, especially the way our defense is run. We traded White for Mahomes. First Mistake, Allen is not a pocket passer, to make him stay in the pocket is the worst thing for him. Let him run around and do what he does best. Otherwise this is what your gonna get. And stop running the ball east and west. Attack the outside between the guard and tackle or the tackle and TE. Its so easy to see.

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Allen is certainly a big part of the problem...but I still feel like there has to be a bigger overall picture going on for him to regress THIS bad.  I feel like the Offensive line has regressed a little bit each year since the 2020 season we made it to the AFC Championship game and I think the loss of Daboll at OC is contributing.  I'm not giving Allen a free pass but I find it hard to believe he just woke up one day and completely forgot how to play football 

https://x.com/sharpfootball/status/1701440484051222921?s=46&t=WlqwVN2bVq7mXd00IAHy6A

Allen was only pressured on 26% of the pass plays tonight.  

I don’t know how it’s not clear to everyone that McDermott is the problem. If you put Allen on a Bellichick or Andy Reid coached team he would be playing like he was under Daboll. Heck even on the Dolphins or Jets he’d look like an MVP caliber player.

Even Mahomes couldn’t bail our offense out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

I don’t know how it’s not clear to everyone that McDermott is the problem. If you put Allen on a Bellichick or Andy Reid coached team he would be playing like he was under Daboll. Heck even on the Dolphins or Jets he’d look like an MVP caliber player.

Facts, son.... Throw ol "rollerskates Brown" out with the bath water too pls. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That may be true. But they will never win anything with Quarterbacking that bad. 

And I know people will say one game but it really isn't... when did Josh last play a really good game where he looked like the elite QB we know he can be? 

I have Miami home regular season as basically the only really good game since about week 6 last season. 

Dorsey changed his play calling completely after the Miami loss last year, which was a fluke due to weather conditions. They were running a no huddle, ball control offense carving teams up 5-10 yards per play, and one game under a heat advisory made him decide to reinvent the wheel. When he smashed the tablet I think maybe he gave himself brain damage, because it’s been awful ever since. McDermott didn’t have the team mentally ready, outside of the pass rushers and Diggs.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Yup. He’s toast. Every week that we wait to fire him is a wasted week. We know how this ends.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Einstein said:

We will win plenty of regular season games, but I agree, we will not be hoisting a Lombardi trophy under McDermott’s watch.

It would have been impossible for ownership to pull off and not be ridiculed endlessly if it didn’t work out, but Daboll should be our head coach right now.

It is no coincidence that Josh has looked the way Josh has looked since Daboll left.

Daboll's Giants did not exactly look prepared last nite did they?  

But this is a ridiculous loss tonite.  The team is a mess.  With Rodgers out we should have won by 3 TD's.  Does McDermott even talk to any of the players during the game?   The FG on 4th and 2 was really weak, and sent a bad message.  Even at the end of regulation, its 3rd and 10 w no TO's left, 10 seconds to play and we are running a play?  if Josh gets sacked, game over.  Kick the FG on 3rd down..  My god.  We are just a rudderless ship right now.  

57 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Agreed. Unfortunately, I don’t see McD making an OC change in season. We are stuck with Dorsey for 2023. But unless we somehow have a top 5 offense or at least advance to the AFCCG, I think Dorsey is the number one most likely target to be replaced for next season. Bills need to pick someone to rework the offense and they do NOT need Allen’s blessing on their next OC hire. 

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I think Dorsey is the number one most likely target to be replaced for next season. 

In which case McDermott would have gone through 3 offensive coordinators, 1 defensive coordinator, and 1 special teams coordinator, as head coach.

At what point does the onus fall on him?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.