The Josh Allen excuse thread…

Dopey

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You can give him a dominant run game if you like.... but if his decision making on pass plays is as bad as tonight you could have Barry Sanders and Jim Brown behind him and we'd be going nowhere. 

We didn't lose tonight because we lacked a run game. Cook ran reasonably well. We lost because our Quarterback made terrible decisions throwing the football.

It's not all about the running game per se.  It's more about having a weapon that can be used in a variety of ways to take some of the responsibility off of Josh.  Cook could be that.

Of course, the play design and QB decision making is a factor.

Edited by Chicken Boo

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol excuses for Mr. Hollywood.  Blame everyone else and his “support system”.  It’s a joke.  Pull his head out of his butt.

Man some of you are so lame. The guy dates an actress and suddenly he is too into hollywood and not into football. such a stupid line of thought.

If he was any other QB on any other team, I would be calling him overrated but he’s our guy so I’ll support him. But I’m really tired of seeing Josh turn the ball over and being reckless with his body and the ball. It’s year 6 for him and still hasn’t learned. Josh hasn’t been the same since the GB game last year and I gave him the benefit of because of the injury but his play has definitely regressed. 

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m not calling for his head.  I’m calling for him to pull his head of where it currently resides.  Honestly I don’t think he will do it on his own.  He needs an intervention from coaches, team and maybe parents to forget the Hollywood crap until he has won something.

Can’t be long before companies start pulling him from their national commercials.  He ain’t that guy.  

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The bailing clean pockets happened in that game too. I was thinking hopefully just pre-season he is taking zero risks of being hit.... but the same happened tonight. 

Hopefully he can adapt to having a pocket again. He went a year without having one and now he doesn't seem to know what to do with it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

Hopefully he can adapt to having a pocket again. He went a year without having one and now he doesn't seem to know what to do with it.

Yep. There might be some of that about it. He is dropping his eyes to the rush I think and that is a symptom of bad lines and ultimately on Brandon Beane.

• Agree 1

I love how all the Allen haters come out of the wood work the minute he has a really bad game. They all just want to be right. Patrick people in my opinion.

Yes Josh had a bad. 

Something is up for sure, I hope its nothing personal.

He was really trying to take those hits today.

At the end of the day Josh didn't need to be superman to win this game. Heck all he had to do was be average, and he didn't do that tonight. Dude can't reel it in, after so many seasons you'd think he would realize that. Tonight average Qb play wins this game, he wanted to be superman again. It's gotta stop, just win ugly, f the numbers just stop turning the dam ball over. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Josh is Hollywood now. Buffalo is blue collar at the core and values hard work and grit. Average Joes work year round 40-60hrs a week, they grind, they sweat. Why can’t Allen just stay in Buffalo and watch film and work out continuously? He has all the tools to be successful, a lot more than others like Brady. He’s got to find a way to read defenses better and just take what is given and throw it away if it’s not there. 

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

whoa. That is an insane stat I agree. Disturbing even.

Just going off the top of my head, it's not nearly as bad at home. I don't remember any picks or fumbles last year, 2021 was a bad weather snoozer that I don't think he turned the ball over in either, 2020 was either 1 pick or 0, didn't play in 2019

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Josh is a playmaker and doesn't seem willing to rein it in against these two high safety looks.  When teams can play it well, like the Jets, he has to understand that he just needs to eat it and punt it away when we are behind in down and distance.  The two losses against the Jets in NJ are specifically because he lacks the discipline to "live to fight another day.". We probably win 16-9 or something if we had just run the ball and continues to throw dump offs the entire second half. Ugh

It’s almost plays like he’s a guy who “watches a lot of film. But doesn’t go crazy because teams play the Bills differently and like to trust his eyes and play loose” (paraphrasing)

Parts of his game remind me of a guy who gets drunk and tells his teammates he’s the best athlete on the planet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Bills will never advance with JA unless he miraculously changes his approach to the position. There I said it:

- Bills lost a game they should have comfortably, easily won by 8-10 pts. Why: Simply that JA reverted back to his go-to and play hero ball, take unnecessary, low completion % chances.

- JA clearly needs to spend more time studying film. Newsflash JA, defenses have caught up to you because they’ve seen enough film!

-Big preseason talk of using more TE sets, taking the underneath but that was abandoned alarmingly quick when it mattered most. 
-Not even going to assess blame to Dorsey because I firmly believe JA will nod his head on the play selection and then simply do what is in his blood.

-Running game was adequate if not an asset. Murray needs more touches as a power back. 

Bills didn’t need a “heroic” game today. Rodgers gone after 4 plays and Zach Wilson manages a better game than our $40+ mil/yr QB. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

It’s almost plays like he’s a guy who “watches a lot of film. But doesn’t go crazy because teams play the Bills differently and like to trust his eyes and play loose” (paraphrasing)

Parts of his game remind me of a guy who gets drunk and tells his teammates he’s the best athlete on the planet. 

He’s played the Jets a bunch now, he’s played Miami a bunch now. Why doesn’t he just watch more and simply learn more about defenses. Consult Brady, do something. I sometimes wonder if Allen doesn’t have that great of football IQ and is purely relying on his gifted talents. 

10 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

I love how all the Allen haters come out of the wood work the minute he has a really bad game. They all just want to be right. Patrick people in my opinion.

Yes Josh had a bad. 

Something is up for sure, I hope its nothing personal.

He was really trying to take those hits today.

Look at the last 3 games JA played and then assess. He’s now a TO machine. D Coordinators have seen enough and now daring him to throw short -intermediate throws. He can’t…can’t consistently throw em and he can’t lay off going for the big play. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

At the end of the day Josh didn't need to be superman to win this game. Heck all he had to do was be average, and he didn't do that tonight. Dude can't reel it in, after so many seasons you'd think he would realize that. Tonight average Qb play wins this game, he wanted to be superman again. It's gotta stop, just win ugly, f the numbers just stop turning the dam ball over. 

My big hope is this ultimate humiliation will be the making of him. The trouble is it means someone - probably McDermott, Dorsey or maybe even Diggs - sitting down and pointing out for one final time of he doesn’t take what is given then he’s going to be embarrassed time and time again. Defenses have sniffed out his impatience.

Yes, he had bad games in his rookie year, but he should be at his peak now. And a very basic stance will get him there. Take what is given.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

It was a ***** show from Josh but I'll judge him on what he does in the nest few games. Burrow threw like 100 interceptions in week 1 last year. Strange things happen in week 1. We shall see!

This is the only reasonable hint of optimism. Maybe it was just a week 1 stinker. I certainly want to believe that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

My big hope is this ultimate humiliation will be the making of him. The trouble is it means someone - probably McDermott, Dorsey or maybe even Diggs - sitting down and pointing out for one final time of he doesn’t take what is given then he’s going to be embarrassed time and time again. Defenses have sniffed out his impatience.

Yes, he had bad games in his rookie year, but he should be at his peak now. And a very basic stance will get him there. Take what is given.

I’m beginning to think Allen doesn’t have the football IQ. He’s been relying on his arm talent and legs this entire time and now defenses have figured him out and dare him to be a game manager. He hasn’t shown the ability to be a surgeon like Brady or even Manning. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.