2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, SirAndrew said:

If he really said that, that’s crazy. I’ve never heard that from a pro QB. It would speak to some major issues, even though everyone would say that don’t exist. 

Yeah man he sat down and seemed to say “same ***** different day”(?) after letting out a long sigh? No idea what that was about.

Also seemed to have more of a southern drawl at points while answering. lol wtf is going on 

• Agree 1

On top of the rest of his poor play, Josh seemed to be searching out big hits. He was running into guys instead of out of bounds for almost no chance of more yards and took a big hit late for refusing to slide. I actually praised the first one at the time because we seemed to be ok this game early. Boy was I wrong. 

Just 100% sloppy game. Two of these would be really concerning. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Leodis McKelvin! Fumbling away the game fighting for an extra yard: yes—that was worse. But nobody thought the Bills were good then. They lacked talent all around. Now, the expectations are high and they can't live up to them.

Those games were infinitely worse 

3 minutes ago, Alpo Chino said:

Needed more Latavius and Harris. Type of runners you need vs a physical front. 

They really aren't the answers. They are power backs and the Bills oline is anything but that. 

The oline got beat in the trenches. It was pretty obvious pre game that the Jets Dline would give the Bills issues. They certainly didn't disappoint. 

The Bills still look to have issues in the trenches. Hard to win against good teams. 

• Agree 1

Just now, stevestojan said:

On top of the rest of his poor play, Josh seemed to be searching out big hits. He was running into guys instead of out of bounds for almost no chance of more yards and took a big hit late for refusing to slide. I actually praised the first one at the time because we seemed to be ok this game early. Boy was I wrong. 

Imo Josh was playing angry and wanted the contact.

There's something very wrong behind the scenes. Team seems wound tight, undisciplined and angry 

Just now, stevestojan said:

It was odd the way Josh too contact. Funny thing though he never delivered a blow. He was getting rocked. He looked either confused or just over confident like he is Superman. But did not work out for him. 

2 minutes ago, Fetou said:

The Bills don't have any players on defense with the same level of elite playmaking as the truly elite defenses do. They are a good unit and definitely did enough to win today, but they aren't going to hold up against better teams and QBs the way that the Jets contained us. We don't have the personnel for it. If Beane hadn't have drafted Josh Allen I really think he should be gone by now.

Spot on here. 

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yeah man he sat down and seemed to say “same ***** different day”(?) after letting out a long sigh? No idea what that was about.

Also seemed to have more of a southern drawl at points while answering. lol wtf is going on 

I was listening on the app and they didn't beep it out. He definitely said it clearly.

McD missed a chance when Daboll left to go out and find a bright offensive mind OC who could continue to work with Allen hold him accountable and bring out the best in him, took the easy route and promoted from within and let the player pick who ihe was comfortable with, not sure that was the best idea.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I actually was ok with Dorsey most of the game. Against a great defense, we used Cook well, kept some drives going, safe first down plays... but Josh f'd up big time.  You can't win with 4 turnovers and punt return against for TD.  This game is all on Allen. Road game on MNF against a championship quality defense, you have to limit mistakes, Dorsey had a game plan to do that, Josh didn't hold up his end of the bargain.

Respectfully, wtf are you talking about? Every single time Dorsey called up a Cook run on 1st down it went for a loss. How does any QB succeed when they only have 2 downs to get over 10 yards? Especially against one of the league's best pass defenses?

You beat good pass rushes with play action and screens. The Jets' only defensive personnel weakness are the linebackers.

Zero play action. Zero screens. No mismatches in the middle of the field. 

Fire Dorsey now. Replace him with literally anybody who can present a coherent game plan.

11 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I am about a ten on the concerned  meter with Josh. I don’t know what’s up with him.  Jets have a great D but there were plays to be made. The ints were horrendous.. I don’t know , maybe he feels like he needs to make that Espn highlight every Down. Why is he tryjng to trying to hurdle two guys when the first down marker was five yards away. He is just doing really strange stuff. Both Mcd and Diggs trying to tell him to be smart use his head. Something ain’t right. 

I’m at another loss that Mcd can’t somehow lead this group when everything was handed to him on a silver platter. Rodgers was gone, Wilson is not good. The crowd is out of the game and it just seems like I’ve watched this story numerous times season after season. Keep the other team in it just enough to  Self destruct. 

Running the ball on 2 and 15 up the middle against a formidable front wasting a precious down in Ot?

Sherfield was he inactive? heard a lot of good things about him. Davis two targets but maybe it’s just a product of his route running.

for a team that wants home field this is a really bad loss. I’m extremely pissed. 

First pick im fine with and the one to Davis was the right read at least, the other two turnovers were horrendous though

Davis can only run go routes I don’t understand it

1 minute ago, Fetou said:

I don't feel like laying down in front of a train to the extent I did after the Dolphins or Vikings game last year. Does that count for anything or am I getting deeper into the Stockholm Syndrome? 

It is a worthy argument, but I think this is worse, for reasons I’m too tired to get into right now.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Sure, based on their entire body of work, Mahomes is better than Allen.  Anyone who believes the contrary is the ultimate homer😂

Yeh and he just lost to the lions at home who are the 20th rated defense in the league 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

Just now, Shortchaz said:

Some of the criticisms of Dorsey are probably misdirected. Where he/the staff have failed is not making josh a better quarterback. He (josh) needs to learn: better situational awareness, how to put some air under the ball, how to successfully manage different types of games. 

Dorsey maybe needs to attempt tough love now. Forget if Josh doesn't want to watch the film - force him to. Forget it if he has dinner plans - get him to do extra training. I maintain he is the best Quarterback in the league when it comes to physical ability. But he makes too many stupid decisions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

You know i think we played scared, and that's a problem especially after Rogers went out. Jets have a good defense but come on they are not the 85 bears

I don't think they played scared. I think the Bills coaches failed to make solid adjustments, couldn't handle the Jets Defense, and Allen was sleep walking in the second half. 

Things will improve but I still have serious doubts this team can represent the AFC. That another story for another time. 

Unless there's some changes from Dorsey, this offense looks the same or worse as last season.

Josh has made some poor decisions, but I've seen nothing from Dorsey to show me he's found the ability to adapt to what the defense gives him at all.

Edited by Billz4ever

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.