2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Give me a break with this. The game plan sucked and Josh was god awful.

I will not disagree with this at all. Bills lost because Josh started forcing things again. I am really no longer a fan of Dorsey, hated the play calling.

However, I stand by what I said. Bills will beat the Raiders. 

We all knew going in this could happen tonight, Jets defense is awesome. Raiders will not be able to contain Bills regardless of Dorsey.

5 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I was right to be skeptical with all Josh’s off-season talk about playing smarter and protecting the ball. Josh gonna be Josh. As great as he can be, I don’t know that he’ll ever overcome his instinct to play schoolyard football when he gets pressured. 

Afraid you're right. And it sucks to know we will probably never win a Super Bowl because of it

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Yeah those 1st & 10 runs for -2 yards were brilliant. Every time. No really, every single time it happened I jumped up and shouted " thank goodness for this OC who really knows what he's doing!"

Did I say I was in love other Dorsey? 

However, putting this loss on him tonight was moronic. I guess he should have thrown every down because Josh was lighting it up?

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

What is wrong with Allen? I am starting to suspect it goes deeper than football at this point.  Since the 1nd half of last year he regressed.   He claimed to have focused and worked his butt off this offseason.

But friends there is something seriously off as it's obvious he has regressed instead of improved.  

I am getting concerned for the kid, he just doesn't act the same.

He's a celebrity now. Not 100% focused on football.  And he gets his butt kissed in Buffalo. He needs to play smarter.

Definitely on Josh and he needs to be smarter with the ball, but Dorsey had the whole offseason to prepare for the Jets and I thought the game plan on offense was a mess.  Josh only seemed to be looking for Diggs, or maybe Diggs was the only WR getting open, but we didn't upgrade our WRs after last season when it was obvious that another WR option was needed.  The Harty swing passes didn't do much, and I don't think Harty caught a pass from the slot.  Hope that Dorsey has more creativity in future game plans than what he showed tonight.

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Jet's offense was never going to win this game if we didn't give them the ball 4 times.  

They didn't need to. They just had to grab some guys off the street for minimum wage to play special teams and beat the guys that we pay multiple millions of dollars.

18 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, but at some point you’d think an adult in the room would make him grow up. I’m not convinced this coaching staff connects with him in the best way. 

As the franchise QB they defer to his wishes too much.  He's the important piece yes but he has to run the plays the oc calls and deviate only when absolutely the called play won't be good against the look Josh sees on defense.  Its like Allen is trying to win mvp for year.  Play smart and cut on the hero ball and he can have more of the perfect games like vs ,NE.  He does that regularly and he'll win everything he wants to.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm starting to wonder if Allen is slightly overrated. 

He is a turnover machine, perhaps struggles to read coverages, and can't win an overtime game. 0- 5. 

He became magical for a stretch where it seemed like every first down you needed you would get. He went toe to toe with Mahomes in the playoffs and had him dead to rights.

There has been a ton of regression since then. That feeling of always being a moment away from a chunk play has passed. It's hard from a fan perspective to identify how much of that is losing Daboll and the scheme, how much is other teams adapting their strategy, and how much of that is simply Josh Allen's personal regression.

My gut at this point is that Allen has some sort of mental issue going on as it relates to performance and confidence. The scheme making things more difficult could certainly be tied in with that, as making his job easier could help him settle in. Also he suffered through some awful line play last year, which can develop some bad habits.

The raw ability is still there, but he's not performing anywhere near his public perception for quite some time now.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh confidence level didn't look good all game.

Honestly, it's just 1 week.  If it becomes a trend, I'm not against firing Dorsey mid season.  That would likely mean we're meddling around .500...

not sure how we go the entire 2nd half (and brief OT), just in shotgun.  No creativity, nothing to get the easy 4-5 yards on 1st down. 

It's the exact same.offensive struggles that appeared too many times down the stretch LY.  It will be a tough pill for McD. but he might need to intervene

• Like (+1) 1

Simply the second worst FUBAR of my 50 years as a Bills fan! Only ‘13 seconds’ can trump this total *****up shite show!

Your opposing QB goes out after 4 plays and you absolutely ***** the bed to lose. This is 100% on #17, who only had to play a mediocre game to get to 1-0!

A shameful, embarrassing,  cringeworthy screw up!

Bills… you should walk home! Every loser one of you!

• Agree 2

I am about a ten on the concerned  meter with Josh. I don’t know what’s up with him.  Jets have a great D but there were plays to be made. The ints were horrendous.. I don’t know , maybe he feels like he needs to make that Espn highlight every Down. Why is he tryjng to trying to hurdle two guys when the first down marker was five yards away. He is just doing really strange stuff. Both Mcd and Diggs trying to tell him to be smart use his head. Something ain’t right. 

I’m at another loss that Mcd can’t somehow lead this group when everything was handed to him on a silver platter. Rodgers was gone, Wilson is not good. The crowd is out of the game and it just seems like I’ve watched this story numerous times season after season. Keep the other team in it just enough to  Self destruct. 

Running the ball on 2 and 15 up the middle against a formidable front wasting a precious down in Ot?

Sherfield was he inactive? heard a lot of good things about him. Davis two targets but maybe it’s just a product of his route running.

for a team that wants home field this is a really bad loss. I’m extremely pissed. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.