2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Maybe Dorsey should be coaching HS football. What has he done? Who has he coached? Why is he qualified to work with Allen? Bring in a real coach.

I actually was ok with Dorsey most of the game. Against a great defense, we used Cook well, kept some drives going, safe first down plays... but Josh f'd up big time.  You can't win with 4 turnovers and punt return against for TD.  This game is all on Allen. Road game on MNF against a championship quality defense, you have to limit mistakes, Dorsey had a game plan to do that, Josh didn't hold up his end of the bargain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Simply the second worst FUBAR of my 50 years as a Bills fan! Only ‘13 seconds’ can trump this total *****up shite show!

Your opposing QB goes out after 4 plays and you absolutely ***** the bed to lose. This is 100% on #17, who only had to play a mediocre game to get to 1-0!

A shameful, embarrassing,  cringeworthy screw up!

Bills… you should walk home! Every loser one of you!

Can’t disagree here. An absolute disaster. 

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. Tale of box score: Bills 314 total yards. Jets: 289. Wow. Almost even with Zach Wilson at QB. 

2 Breece Hall Please. 

3. Jets are now obviously more talented overall other than QB. Rodgers promised to partly close that gap. That won’t happen. But still … more talented overall. 

It's been noted here the Bills don't have enough stats and or game changers. It showed tonight. 

Once the Bills let the Jets hang around it was becoming clear the Jets were going to have a shot at stealing the game without Rodgers. 

They gave the game away. 

Just now, ngbills said:

Actually worse. They play calling was atrocious and had no flow. We started off with two nice passes then two straight runs up the gut into Q Williams. Then go to what felt like 100 straight screen / swing passes into double coverage. Way too many passes to Harty like he is Tyreek Hill. Then ignore Harty and just run Josh draws. Then a decent drive with slants again. Then more delayed handoffs. No idea what the plan was. 

Yep it was pretty much a foregone conclusion when they started the second drive with two handoffs to Cook for losses. You call that bull *****, you tell everyone watching that you are scared and incompetent.

4 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Your opposing QB goes out after 4 plays and you absolutely ***** the bed to lose. This is 100% on #17, who only had to play a mediocre game to get to 1-0!

Case Keenum wins this game by throwing for 150 yards. Maybe even Kyle Allen. Any basic game manager. But hero ball is back!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Sorry but Josh hasn't played to his standard since the first half of Green Bay last year. If this was a one off, fine. It isn't. Though it was particularly bad tonight.

I believe all the fame and fortune has gone to Allen’s head. I think he feels the pressure to play like one of the top 3 qbs in the league each week and have all the fancy stats and highlights instead of just concerning himself with wins and losses. He needs to go back to who he was a few years ago when he was hungry and humble, before he took the league by fire. He puts too much pressure on himself instead of just winning. Now I agree he doesn’t trust his OL and that’s not all his fault, but he needs to take a step back and just get the “W”.   F the stats, the top 100 rankings and the mvp voting. 

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. Tale of box score: Bills 314 total yards. Jets: 289. Wow. Almost even with Zach Wilson at QB. 

2 Breece Hall Please. 

3. Jets are now obviously more talented overall other than QB. Rodgers promised to partly close that gap. That won’t happen. But still … more talented overall. 

The Bills don't have any players on defense with the same level of elite playmaking as the truly elite defenses do. They are a good unit and definitely did enough to win today, but they aren't going to hold up against better teams and QBs the way that the Jets contained us. We don't have the personnel for it. If Beane hadn't have drafted Josh Allen I really think he should be gone by now.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Monday night loss to cowboys

Horrible 

Also worse: mckelvin fumble game

I could probably list 10 more of I tried 

Leodis McKelvin! Fumbling away the game fighting for an extra yard: yes—that was worse. But nobody thought the Bills were good then. They lacked talent all around. Now, the expectations are high and they can't live up to them.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

4 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Alright thanks for confirming, thought I heard that too. What is going on? 

I’m ready for a 30 for 30 on the current state of the bills!  What happened towards the end of last season, which is carrying over to now?

Edited by major

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.