2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

This really has vibes like the Steelers game where people were throwing Josh’s jersey on the highway outside the stadium. 
Allen is going to get crushed he isn’t allowed a bad game like Burrow or Hurts or Mahomes. 
He is held to a far different standard. 

Sorry but Josh hasn't played to his standard since the first half of Green Bay last year. If this was a one off, fine. It isn't. Though it was particularly bad tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

This team had to stay out of their own way and couldnt. There are lessons to be learned. Josh kept saying be smart w the throws and preserve his health. It took 4 qtrs to finally throw the ball away, and im not sure if we ever did get a slide out of him. The sky is not falling and theyll be ok. Allen just needs to figure it out and hopefully getting embarrassed on national tv does that. The Jets didnt have a legit sustained TD drive all night and even then it took an amazing catch. The kick coverage scared the hell out of me all game, as I was most scared about that and them busting long runs. That 2nd down run was dumb. Running wont help you establish a rhythm in OT. I wish the Jets got the ball. Bills scored 1td all night. The chances of it happening there were low. Id much rather stop them, try and flip the field and kick a fg. For as disappointed as I am in Josh (who will rebound) im equally disappointed in KD. Rather than moving a step forward, this was less fluid and cohesive than last years offesne. No plays building on each other... no flow. The runs still feel like an afterthought, I.E. protecting Josh from another pick or 'gezz, we shld prob mix a run in here to stay balanced I guess.' Why did they run at Williams as much as they did? JA will be fine. Ill chalk this game up to an excellent D... but if this was KD's A game m, we might be in trouble. 

21 minutes ago, MWK said:

An absolute embarassment. We will be lucky to sniff the playoffs. Pray for us to suck so we can get rid of this sorry a** staff. I am done with these people. Top down housecleaning is needed.

Pegula just gave them all extensions. The only way changes will ever be made is if the Bills go 7-10 or worse this season AND next season. It will take TWO seasons of losing records before Pegula will even consider dismissing McD and/or Beane. I’d bet my life on that. 

Just now, Beast said:

I believe Dorsey called a good enough game that if Allen didn’t have his head up his ass the Bills win by at least two scores.

Anyone that thought we’d put up in the high 20’s or 30’s hasn’t been paying attention to the Jets defense. They are probably a top 3 defense but Allen made them look legendary.

Absolutely. Dorsey called a bad game, but easily good enough to win if not for bad Josh. This game was easy to win with same Dorsey and mediocre Josh...it took really bad Josh to lose. But a good Dorsey would have also been enough to overcome today's bad Josh and put him in a better position to succeed.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Sorry, but Dorsey is not to blame for this game. The Bills should have won by two scores but Allen has his head so far up his own ass. Allen is completely to blame for this loss. It’s on him 100% and it has got to the point, going back the last few games of last season as well, that Allen is starting to become a big problem.

Something is wrong for sure with him. Wish I knew what it was but he has been way off the last few games 

13 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The answer was there the entire game:

Throw short/mid range passes to your two stud tight ends and nothing else. Ok fine, keep Diggs happy with pass or two, but why were we so determined to have James cook be the MVP of week one?

and Josh better not say he’s going to “learn from this.” It’s been 5 years. You’re either a slow learner  or too stubborn to change. 

I give Diggs one more game like this until the tweets and instagram posts start getting nice and cryptic (I know, I know, he can’t be traded due to the cap; I’m rage posting at the moment). 

We are all rage posting at the moment- you’re good

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

the only way to 'pound it' so to speak is to give a running back a downhill lane with a handoff from under center.

dorsey only calls shotgun plays

Agreed. I knew we’d get the shotgun formations with Knox and Kincaid but I also expected some power formations where they could use the tight ends and power backs to milk clock and save the lead. 

26 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

A well deserved loss. Mark this as the beginning of the end of the Beane-McDermott Era. 

That started and ended at 13 seconds.  Never ever ever should have brought Mr hold everyone accountable but himself back.  The gag order he put on the coaches and players after 13 seconds spoke volumes.    Not firing him then and there was a huge mistake and one that will likely be the turning point in Allen's regression from a Super Bowl track to the ***** show we saw tonight.  The Bills will not win when it matters with this coaching staff.  The sooner McIdiot is gone the better, every game and year in between is just wasting Josh's talent.  

Edited by Preds
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Better to get this out early. Hate losing but told my buddy today rather the team start slow and get better. Last year we looked unstoppable early and faded down the stretch. This is a wake up call game and it’s here early in the season at a point where ***** hardly ever looks perfect. 

Flawed logic here because there's no guarantee the team will thrive at the end of the year. 

Tonight's game was a microcosm of last year's season. 

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I am about a ten on the concerned  meter with Josh. I don’t know what’s up with him.  Jets have a great D but there were plays to be made. The ints were horrendous.. I don’t know , maybe he feels like he needs to make that Espn highlight every Down. Why is he tryjng to trying to hurdle two guys when the first down marker was five yards away. He is just doing really strange stuff. Both Mcd and Diggs trying to tell him to be smart use his head. Something ain’t right. 

I’m at another loss that Mcd can’t somehow lead this group when everything was handed to him on a silver platter. Rodgers was gone, Wilson is not good. The crowd is out of the game and it just seems like I’ve watched this story numerous times season after season. Keep the other team in it just enough to  Self destruct. 

Running the ball on 2 and 15 up the middle against a formidable front wasting a precious down in Ot?

Sherfield was he inactive? heard a lot of good things about him. Davis two targets but maybe it’s just a product of his route running.

for a team that wants home field this is a really bad loss. I’m extremely pissed. 

If you throw 3 INTs to the same player, the issue is with you.  PERIOD 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

bad game by 17, and was really hoping Dorsey would improve, so far it is the same.... no feel for the game 

Actually worse. They play calling was atrocious and had no flow. We started off with two nice passes then two straight runs up the gut into Q Williams. Then go to what felt like 100 straight screen / swing passes into double coverage. Way too many passes to Harty like he is Tyreek Hill. Then ignore Harty and just run Josh draws. Then a decent drive with slants again. Then more delayed handoffs. No idea what the plan was. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

As the franchise QB they defer to his wishes too much.  He's the important piece yes but he has to run the plays the oc calls and deviate only when absolutely the called play won't be good against the look Josh sees on defense.  Its like Allen is trying to win mvp for year.  Play smart and cut on the hero ball and he can have more of the perfect games like vs ,NE.  He does that regularly and he'll win everything he wants to.

He played the perfect game against NE with a different coordinator. This new one makes him play from 2nd & 12 every single drive.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.