2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

After this debacle i’m not convinced Bills or Jets will make the playoffs. that was an awful game. _and the Jets D is very very good,  but Zach Wilson won’t be leading them to the promised land.  And Bills look like they are ready to take a year off.  Josh Allen is latest victim of the Madden curse. With a hard schedule, they could be on the outside looking in when it matters.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, major said:

Something is wrong for sure with him. Wish I knew what it was but he has been way off the last few games 

We are all rage posting at the moment- you’re good

Rage posting?  I'm already heading to the airport with a painted sign saying you suck when they arrive!  More updates later

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. Tale of box score: Bills 314 total yards. Jets: 289. Wow. Almost even with Zach Wilson at QB. 

2 Breece Hall Please. 

3. Jets are now obviously more talented overall other than QB. Rodgers promised to partly close that gap. That won’t happen. But still … more talented overall. 

That's the biggest problem. Teams like the Jets and KC are hitting on difference makers, while Bean is collectings draft and FA JAGS. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

It's early only one game. Not trying to overact but I'm tired of the McD era. The Bills really need a change of the whole coaching staff. I've been saying this much before tonight game. 

Well, in another unpopular take, McD keeps providing enough rope to hang himself with.  You've heard me say a bunch of times that IMO the sentiment on him is going to swing something seriously during or after this season.  It is what it is and now's not necessarily the time to talk about that.  

But while it's nice that our defense, which always seems to start seasons strong, came out and [sort of] blew up a Jets' offense with a well below-average OL and a crap QB, but it's not going to work like that every week, possibly starting next week.  

It was the Offense that were the hopes for our season, and while the Jets' D is superb, with a better offense this season, we didn't even score the average number of points that we put up against them in our two games last season.  

Again, incredibly disappointing.  If Rodgers end up being OK (IMO it's an achilles, but what do I know) then the Jets have to be the favorites to win the division this season at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Fire Dorsey NOW.  He has no feel for the game and has consistently proven to be unable to make adjustments in-game.

McDermott is holding this team back. Young QBs need good coaching, and Allen doesn't have it.  McDermott is ultimately responsible for bringing in an offensive coach who can manage the game well and confuse and compete with good defenses. Dorsey is a S__T SHOW. Why is he here? How is he qualified?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ngbills said:

Actually worse. They play calling was atrocious and had no flow. We started off with two nice passes then two straight runs up the gut into Q Williams. Then go to what felt like 100 straight screen / swing passes into double coverage. Way too many passes to Harty like he is Tyreek Hill. Then ignore Harty and just run Josh draws. Then a decent drive with slants again. Then more delayed handoffs. No idea what the plan was. 

yeah thats a good way to put it no flow or rhythm never seems to be

Just now, HerdMentality said:

Too many Fairweather fans here. Josh Allen is a beast. He had a bad game. He should run way more often. His coaching staff is clipping his wings —- For no good reason actually.

The playcalling tonight was atrocious. And a bunch of stupid luck. 

He had some chances to run wide, get yardage and out of bounds.  a couple times he stopped and threw and incompletion. just some weird decision making 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.