9/11/23 GAMEDAY Week 1 Bills @ Jets MNF Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Toyo321 said:

According to ESPN Taylor Rapp has beat out Hamlin.  Hamlin is not expected to play in this game.  He will not be active for this game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38377494/damar-hamlin-not-expected-play-bills-opener-sources-say

Tough pill to swallow for Hamlin, but better choice for the teams D tonight.

I think Rapp was always the #3 safety. More like Cam Lewis is playing instead of Damar IMO

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

7 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

According to ESPN Taylor Rapp has beat out Hamlin.  Hamlin is not expected to play in this game.  He will not be active for this game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38377494/damar-hamlin-not-expected-play-bills-opener-sources-say

Really isn’t a surprise. It’s Cam Lewis that beat out Hamlin. Cam Lewis has been great in camp and preseason. Versatile player. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I lost absolutely no sleep losing Frazier,  Edmunds or Singletary.  Can't wait to see what Sean dials up. Our new acquisitions are very promising.  Dion & Spencer need to rise up.  Hopefully KD mixes in a good assortment of easy checkdowns with the occasional bomb.  Cook, Harris & Murray compliment our offense.  And week 5 we can slowly work Von into the pass rush.  Let's Go!

I’d agree with all that except I do lose sleep over Bernard being out starting MLB

• Agree 1

Defensively, the pass rush has to take over early and often to make Rodgers uncomfortable. The question mark will be the run defense and if Bernard can take over at MIKE. 

Offensively, Bills need a big game from James Cook. Establish the run so that JA and Dorse can work the play action.

......I just bought Madden.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

yesterday was the first football sunday with the YT season ticket even though we've been using youtube tv for the last 6 months or so. overall it's great.  the only thing i dont like about it is when i'm switching back and forth between two games, at least using YTTV on a fire stick, there's no easy way to do it except back up to the channel menu, then choose the other game.

I think you can arrow down and it will bring up the choices .

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'll take that. I just don't want a blow out like what happened to the Giants last night. 

While getting blown out like that would suck, at least I can walk away from the game by halftime, emotionally move on, and probably fall asleep by 11

43 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Hello all! Its time!!!! Good luck tonight and lets hope either side doesn't have any injuries. I look forward to a banter filled season with all of you. GO JETS!!

Good luck to you this season.

Where's Jimmy Spags?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Shortchaz said:

While getting blown out like that would suck, at least I can walk away from the game by halftime, emotionally move on, and probably fall asleep by 11

Agreed. In some ways, the Bengals defeat in the Divisional Round was easier to deal with that the close regular season losses as it was obviously over with at half time. Could come to terms with it.

In the great scheme of things, a close defeat is preferable to a blowout, though!

22 minutes ago, wppete said:

The Italian Bills fans are great 🇮🇹!!!! 

My fantasy team this year is called Foza Buffalo! :beer: 

I'm going to be there for the Miami game (Florence) and Jax game (Venice) - there are always a few fans wandering around during NFL season.  If you find yourself in Firenze during the season, this is the spot:  https://redgarter1962.com/en/  Good wings, big beers, TVs to yell at... :D

OK, that was a nice 10 minute break from waiting for tonight's game...

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That "oh"by Romo after the Diggs catch in Detroit game always gets me

I hope we can all really appreciate just how special that throw was and that we never take Josh’s talent for granted. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Mets massively underachieved this year 

The Yankees massively underachieved this year

The Rangers traded for Patrick Kane at the deadline went belly up in the playoffs

The Knicks choked in the playoffs

The Giants you saw last night

Every New York sports team has gone belly up despite their hype

The Jets the most hyped bunch of all are all that’s left… let’s see 

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

Not surprised at all.

Rapp is just a better player.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Hello all! Its time!!!! Good luck tonight and lets hope either side doesn't have any injuries. I look forward to a banter filled season with all of you. GO JETS!!

rock on, respectable jets fan

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

he's one of the few cool opposing team fans. 👍 😎

100% agree

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1