Around the NFL Week 1

HappyDays

Lot of fans here in denial right now.  Miami was stellar today.  They can score at will.  Tua looked locked in with touch, accuracy and anticipation. 

We struggled against both Miami and Jets last year.  We better bring our A game this year. 

Miami picked up right where they left off....and then some. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yeah I thought they were supposed to have a bad Oline. Chargers Dline isn't a joke so......?

You’re right, they’re elite and toyed with a Charger defense that is known for shutting teams down in recent years. Tua is an incredible QB with an uncanny ability to avoid hits in his career thus far. The Bills may as well pack it in early and keep the golf clubs close at hand. 

4 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I tuned into the Chargers game late. Weird, I thought it was in Miami because of the massive Dolphins support in the stadium. So many Dolphins fans that Hill was standing on the bench whooping the crowd up to be loud on the Chargers last series. Chargers of course completely blew and collapsed on the last drive. They have no focus when it matters.

LA games are like Tennessee games great for traveling fans who quickly outnumber the 3 home fans.

17 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Yes single coverage with a slow safety will do that, I hope we learn something from that. Even with that they should of lost but the chargers are just a poorly coached team.

I'm all about putting Elam out there and just tell him to beat the ***** out of him at the line and someone will be over top.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I tuned into the Chargers game late. Weird, I thought it was in Miami because of the massive Dolphins support in the stadium. So many Dolphins fans that Hill was standing on the bench whooping the crowd up to be loud on the Chargers last series. Chargers of course completely blew and collapsed on the last drive. They have no focus when it matters.

This is common in LA. The Chargers pretty much play 17 road games a year. They have minimal fan base in LA and mostly visiting team jerseys will be seen in the stands. 

Just now, DapperCam said:

Something about Miami’s offense feels very gimmicky to me. Like there is some element of smoke and mirrors. It doesn’t feel like a team that can win 4 games to win a Super Bowl. They will run into some defense that won’t allow Hill and Waddle to get freebies.

Take away the middle of the field and force tua to throw outside 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Something about Miami’s offense feels very gimmicky to me. Like there is some element of smoke and mirrors. It doesn’t feel like a team that can win 4 games to win a Super Bowl. They will run into some defense that won’t allow Hill and Waddle to get freebies.

Probably because that's literally happened.

5 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Lot of fans here in denial right now.  Miami was stellar today.  They can score at will.  Tua looked locked in with touch, accuracy and anticipation. 

We struggled against both Miami and Jets last year.  We better bring our A game this year. 

Didn’t Miami lose their last 4 games or something like that? 

4 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

They’re exactly what they were last year to my eye. The Chargers continue to be a sieve on D.  Tua will not make it through a full season. Jets are a bigger problem for the Bills matchup wise imo.

22 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

The Dolphins only won because some idiot interfered with a receiver on a Hail Mary🤦‍♂️

What I saw today was a very confident QB in Tua and very dangerous weapons in Hill and Waddle. Throwing for 466 yards and 3 TD is no easy feat regardless of who you are playing, and the Chargers had a top 10 passing defense last season and a slightly below average scoring defense. It is very difficult to cover two speedy receivers in Hill and Waddle on the outside without leaving the middle of the field open - which is what doomed the Chargers. 

With a healthy Tua, the Dolphins are a very potent team. On the positive side, the Dolphins defense looked just as poor as last season, despite adding Vic Fangio, who is a known defensive mind. The defense may be their undoing.

The Patriots surprised me the most, and once again showcased how important quality coaching is. The Eagles took a quick 16-0 lead but Belichick made adjustments and the Patriots outscored the 2022 NFC Champion Eagles 20-9 over the final three quarters. I do not believe them to be a threat for the division, but I do believe they could play the role of a thorn in our side during portions of the season.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Certain teams are just soft, chargers are a great example of that. Outside of Von, We are too. I never feel like we play and hit hard. Our d line never gets to the qb when you think they have the advantage. It’s annoying. 

Mike White's ribs would beg to differ.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

You’re right, they’re elite and toyed with a Charger defense that is known for shutting teams down in recent years. Tua is an incredible QB with an uncanny ability to avoid hits in his career thus far. The Bills may as well pack it in early and keep the golf clubs close at hand. 

You're right. I said all that. 

56 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

miami 3rd string almost beat the bills in the playoffs, the bills defense cant handle any of what we saw today

The Bills defense played 3 of the best 5 games against the Dolphins last year in terms of yardage, points per play, passing yardage etc.

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.