[Vague Title]

78thealltimegreat

I think I read that Burrow's agent is the same one that Bosa and Jones have. 

Going to be interesting to see if their owner can alleviate the financial concerns surrounding him.  Burrow and Chase will get paid, but that isn't the issue... the issue becomes if he's willing to pay the huge signing bonuses needed to play cap gymnastics with everyone else. 

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

Spotrac had his Market Value at $54M per year which would make him highest paid in the league.

Hebert $52.5M

They also have the following for next year's Bengal UFAs.

Higgins - $22.7M

Reader - $16M

Boyd - $15.2M

Williams - 14.9M

Smith - $10.3M

Chase currently at $24.9M

Somethings got to give.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Spotrac had his Market Value at $54M per year which would make him highest paid in the league.

Hebert $52.5M

Higgins - $22.7M

Reader - $16M

Boyd - $15.2M

Williams - 14.9M

Smith - $10.3M

Somethings got to give.

They should very much want to get Chase locked up before Jefferson.  I think Jefferson might become a 30M per WR.

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Good for him he’s a hell of a quarterback and unlike some of these others is worth every penny. Josh now number 10 and after Dak and Trevor’s new deals 12th paid QB… just amazing enjoy the discount while it lasts 

Bengals would be stupid not to.

Burrow is a truly special talent and I still see him as '1B' to Mahomes. I think Bengals win their first SB this year too which will reignite the best QB in the NFL debate and still wouldn't be surprised if he eventually surpasses Mahomes in terms of championships in the coming years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Burrow is a truly special talent and I still see him as '1B' to Mahomes. I think Bengals win their first SB this year too which will reignite the best QB in the NFL debate and still wouldn't be surprised if he eventually surpasses Mahomes in terms of championships in the coming years.

I truly hope the Bills have finally given Allen the offensive help required to put his supporting cast on par with what Mahomes and Burrow have had, because I'm beyond sick of these takes.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

They should very much want to get Chase locked up before Jefferson.  I think Jefferson might become a 30M per WR.

Yep.  I listed him because next season would likely be the time to do that.  I don't think they want to have him wait on the 5th year to extend.

Then again, it's the Bengals and Mike Brown has a history.

Joe is overrated.  Gonna say it now.  

He is a very good QB, not saying he isn't good.  But he has gotten overrated on the back of his teams success as if he is neck and neck with Mahomes, and he just isn't.  Look at the KC game they won to advance to the SB.  They didn't win because of Burrow, they won because the Bengals defense somehow managed to hold Mahomes and KC to 3 points in the 2nd half keeping the score low enough for the Bengals to creep back in and steal the game.  

Allen carved up that same D with ease the week before until Loosey Frazier and the D gave away the game with 13 seconds and OT.  

No question he was going to be the highest paid all time with this contract, that is just how QB contracts work.  But Joe hasn't gotten it done while loaded with weapons, and he is about to start to lose those weapons soon because they can't keep them all.  His playoff stats are underwhelming, but he gets propped up because the team won some games and reached a SB.  But he gets all the credit for that, and its not really been a case where Burrow is lighting the games up.  

Again, one of the best young QB's in the league, not saying he sucks by any means.  Just saying he is not in the same class as Mahomes even though that is the tier everyone wants to put him in.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I truly hope the Bills have finally given Allen the offensive help required to put his supporting cast on par with what Mahomes and Burrow, because I'm beyond sick of these takes.  

JA17 is still a very special talent but unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the 'it' factor in the postseason like Mahomes/Burrow, outside of the '13 seconds' debacle when he played the game of his career only to be let down by horrendous coaching.

Hopefully his next coach will truly bring out the best in him and elevate him to aforementioned QB's levels.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

JA17 is still a very special talent but unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the 'it' factor in the postseason like Mahomes/Burrow, outside of the '13 seconds' debacle when he played the game of his career only to be let down by horrendous coaching.

Hopefully his next coach will truly bring out the best in him and elevate him to aforementioned QB's levels.

Please, tell me more about Burrow's postseason "it" factor....  Give me specific examples.

Because he hasn't had an Allen vs NE game or an Allen vs KC game.   And this narrative is pure bs based on something completely out of JA's control in 13 seconds... we are NOT having this discussion if our coaching staff/defense don't choke that game away.   Regardless of whether we go on to win the SB that year, that playoff game should be in Allen's back pocket as out-dueling Mahomes in Arrowhead to advance to the AFC CG.

Yet here we are, with you giving Burrow credit for being carried by his defense. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Have you forgotten the "perfect" playoff game against the Patriots? Josh has "it" yet sadly his counter parts (on defense) have let him down many a time. See Houston OT game, see KC OT game see start of Bengals game.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He is a very good QB, not saying he isn't good.  But he has gotten overrated on the back of his teams success as if he is neck and neck with Mahomes, and he just isn't.  Look at the KC game they won to advance to the SB.  They didn't win because of Burrow, they won because the Bengals defense somehow managed to hold Mahomes and KC to 3 points in the 2nd half keeping the score low enough for the Bengals to creep back in and steal the game.  

Allen carved up that same D with ease the week before until Loosey Frazier and the D gave away the game with 13 seconds and OT.  

No question he was going to be the highest paid all time with this contract, that is just how QB contracts work.  But Joe hasn't gotten it done while loaded with weapons, and he is about to start to lose those weapons soon because they can't keep them all.  His playoff stats are underwhelming, but he gets propped up because the team won some games and reached a SB.  But he gets all the credit for that, and its not really been a case where Burrow is lighting the games up.  

Again, one of the best young QB's in the league, not saying he sucks by any means.  Just saying he is not in the same class as Mahomes even though that is the tier everyone wants to put him in.  

With all due respect this is a wild take.    

Guy took a team with no OL to a SB 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Please, tell me more about Burrow's postseason "it" factor....  Give me specific examples.

Because he hasn't had an Allen vs NE game or an Allen vs KC game.   And this narrative is pure bs based on something completely out of JA's control in 13 seconds... we are NOT having this discussion if our coaching staff/defense don't choke that game away.   Regardless of whether we go on to win the SB that year, that playoff game should be in Allen's back pocket of out-dueling Mahomes in Arrowhead to advance to the AFC CG.

5-2 career playoff record

3-1 career road playoff record in AFC (including @ KC and @ BUF)

1 SB appearance and led until late in 4th quarter

Again no one is bashing JA17 but at the end of the day if you polled 32 NFL GM's,  pretty much all of them would take Burrow over JA17 based on current body of work. And 31 out of 32 would certainly take Mahomes.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

So he doesn't have the "it" factor in the playoffs???  He averages 300 yards per game, over 2 touchdowns, and half a turnover a game.  Mr. "has it" Burrow averages less than 250 yards, barely 1 touchdown per game, and has the same amount of interceptions.  But keep going with your misinformation

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Dude, literally everything you post is a deliberate attempt to inflame Bills fans. Are you that miserable a person? Go somewhere else!

Friggin’ troll. 🧌 

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Hebert $52.5M

Higgins - $22.7M

Reader - $16M

Boyd - $15.2M

Williams - 14.9M

Smith - $10.3M

Somethings got to give.

We know they don’t WANT to pay all these guys, because they are the Bengals. I have to wonder IF they CAN sign these guys due to all the guaranteed money involved that has to go into escrow. Are they just cheap, or are they also “poor” by NFL standards? 

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Have you forgotten the "perfect" playoff game against the Patriots? Josh has "it" yet sadly his counter parts (on defense) have let him down many a time. See Houston OT game, see KC OT game see start of Bengals game.

Of course not and not to minimize that great performance but they caught a break playing a fading Patriots team at the right time.

Again, JA17 can take the next step in the playoffs at some point but won't be with the current regime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

With all due respect this is a wild take.    

Guy took a team with no OL to a SB 

No worries, no disrespect or offense taken, everyone has their own opinion :)

BUT...You see, you just did exactly what I said others are doing.  You just said Burrow took that team to a SB and completely glossing over how the Bengals defense somehow held the Chiefs to 3 points in the 2nd half of the AFCCG.  Burrow and the Bengals were not keeping up with the Chiefs in the first half.  But the Bengals defense shut down Mahomes in the 2nd giving the Bengals the opportunity on offense to do just enough to win that game.  

Again, Burrow is a very good QB, but he didn't have some crazy game.  He had 250 yards, 2 TD and 1 INT and was losing 21-10 at halftime as the Chiefs were moving the ball with ease and scoring.  Burrow was not going to be able to keep pace with Mahomes and the Chiefs.

But then, Bengals did something that led to two 2nd half INT's by Mahomes and managed to hold the Chiefs to 3 points to give the Bengals just enough room to steal the game late.  Burrow was on his way to getting blown out if not for the Bengals miraculous defensive performance and switch in the 2nd half. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Again no one is bashing JA17 but at the end of the day if you polled 32 NFL GM's,  pretty much all of them would take Burrow over JA17 based on current body of work. And 31 out of 32 would certainly take Mahomes.

I honestly do not agree with this at all.

Your rebuttal is team accomplishments vs Allen's very real elite postseason performances.  Again, Allen cannot control 13 seconds, and we aren't having this conversation if he could.

I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that if you took Mahomes out of the equation, and polled all 32 GM's, more would choose Allen than Burrow. 

I'll reframe it this way..  If you put Allen on the Bengals last year, and Burrow on the Bills, how do you think they fare?

Both had OL issues, although I'd argue they got their act together until injuries hit, while ours was a bottom rung OL all year.  

Burrow had Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Perine, Hurst.

Allen had, Diggs, bum ankle Davis, McKenzie, Singletary, Cook, Knox.

Allen has, year after year, had less to work with than Mahomes and Burrow.  That's a fact.  Burrow is elite, but in my estimation, there's a gap (as of now) between Mahomes and Allen, a gap between Allen and Burrow, and a gap between Burrow and the next tier of QB's.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Way overrated 

• Haha (+1) 1

Pat McAfee did an entire segment on how Burrow's playoff stats are almost identical to Kirk Cousins playoff stats.

Burrow is great no doubt, but his playoff success has everything to do with the fact that the Bengals play a physical, tough style of football that is a matchup nightmare for the Bills and Chiefs. 

In fact, last playoff run the Ravens with their backup QB pretty much dominated the game until Huntley fumbled the game away at the 2 yard line with the game tied in the 4th quarter. Ravens score 7 there and it's lights out for Joe Cool and company and the Ravens advance. 

But that's how narratives are written. Burrow has the "it factor" because the Ravens backup QB fumbled the ball at the Bengals 2 yard line and it was returned for a TD. All game the Ravens defense basically shut him and the Bengals offense down. 

Chiefs and Bills have never really had a game like that where they shut the Bengals down, because the Ravens are a tough as nails team that will stop the run and can run the ball themselves. Bills and Chiefs are high flying teams that score a lot of points and rely on that to beat you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I honestly do not agree with this at all.

You're rebuttal is team accomplishments vs Allen's very real elite postseason performances.  Again, Allen cannot control 13 seconds, and we aren't having this conversation if he could.

I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that if you took Mahomes out of the equation, and polled all 32 GM's, more would choose Allen than Burrow. 

I'll reframe it this way..  If you put Allen on the Bengals last year, and Burrow on the Bills, how do you think they fare?

Both had OL issues, although I'd argue they got their act together until injuries hit, while ours was a bottom rung OL all year.  

Burrow had Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Perine, Hurst.

Allen had, Diggs, bum ankle Davis, McKenzie, Singletary, Cook, Knox.

Allen has, year after year, had less to work with than Mahomes and Burrow.  That's a fact.  Burrow is elite, but in my estimation, there's a gap (as of now) between Mahomes and Allen, a gap between Allen and Burrow, and a gap between Burrow and the next tier of QB's.  

Probably the same results because coaching matters in the equation and Zac Taylor >>>>>>> McD.

But given how special Joe Burrow is it's truly hard to know, remember this guy has been a star since high school unlike JA17 and even Mahomes for that matter.

• Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, eball said:

Dude, literally everything you post is a deliberate attempt to inflame Bills fans. Are you that miserable a person? Go somewhere else!

Friggin’ troll. 🧌 

Literally every single person in the country agrees Mahomes and then Burrow except for posters on here. What did he say that was so offensive to you? The truth? Every person you talk to in the world has Burrow as a better QB over Allen currently. This should not be shocking to any of you

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Burrow’s 7 playoff games:

1826 passing yards

101 rushing yards

67% completion 
7.3 ypa 

10 TDs (1 rushing)

4 INTs

Josh’s 8 playoff games:

2334 passing yards

417 rushing yards

63% completion 

7.6 ypa

19 TDs (2 rushing)

4 INTs

Burrow, according to you, has IT in the playoffs but Josh apparently doesn’t. You’re a troll. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.