[Vague Title]

78thealltimegreat

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Bengals would be stupid not to.

Burrow is a truly special talent and I still see him as '1B' to Mahomes. I think Bengals win their first SB this year too which will reignite the best QB in the NFL debate and still wouldn't be surprised if he eventually surpasses Mahomes in terms of championships in the coming years.

Funny, you criticized the Bills for giving Allen his contract.  Allen has one of the most team friendly contracts in the NFL for an elite qb now. Good job being wrong again.

8 hours ago, Gambit said:

OT stands for off topic

I didn't get to see what the original title was. But "OP" stands for "original post" (i.e., the first post in the thread).

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m guessing at least half of the posters here have no idea how to edit a thread title.  Shouldn’t be allowed to create a thread, if you don’t know how to edit a title. 

Also, many don't know how to post a twitter post so it shows in the post. It's different on a phone and a computer, so I understand it can be hard. I'm not referring to anyone, but that is just the way it is.

Burrow is a great QB who has been unremarkable in the playoffs save for about 2 drives only made possible by phenomenal feats from his defense. 

When he made the super bowl he got there by leading just 7 touchdown drives out of 45 drive attempts. This rate is legitimately bad 

Allen had 12 in 16 that same playoff 

On 9/6/2023 at 9:03 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Joe is overrated.  Gonna say it now.  

He is a very good QB, not saying he isn't good.  But he has gotten overrated on the back of his teams success as if he is neck and neck with Mahomes, and he just isn't.  Look at the KC game they won to advance to the SB.  They didn't win because of Burrow, they won because the Bengals defense somehow managed to hold Mahomes and KC to 3 points in the 2nd half keeping the score low enough for the Bengals to creep back in and steal the game.  

Allen carved up that same D with ease the week before until Loosey Frazier and the D gave away the game with 13 seconds and OT.  

No question he was going to be the highest paid all time with this contract, that is just how QB contracts work.  But Joe hasn't gotten it done while loaded with weapons, and he is about to start to lose those weapons soon because they can't keep them all.  His playoff stats are underwhelming, but he gets propped up because the team won some games and reached a SB.  But he gets all the credit for that, and its not really been a case where Burrow is lighting the games up.  

Again, one of the best young QB's in the league, not saying he sucks by any means.  Just saying he is not in the same class as Mahomes even though that is the tier everyone wants to put him in.  

As I was saying...

Overrated.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.